preparations for a party

29.12.19

"Okay, we have two days until we have to throw the party of the millennia" Tony began "I need everyone looking their best, feeling their best and being on their best behaviour. That means I will pay for everyone to get a brand new outfit. Okay, go get out decorators are coming soon"

It was currently two thirty and Natasha and Anna were heading out to therapy.
"Hey, can I come and we can get dresses after?" Wanda asked as they put there shoes on. Natasha looked at Anna for confirmation and she nodded.
"Sure, that sounds like a great idea"

"So what is everyone thinking of getting?"
"Do I seriously need a new dress?" Anna asked
"Come on Anna, it's the party of the millennia" Wanda mocked Tonys tone.
"Fine I'm going to get a black dress"
"That is one of the most surprising things I've ever heard" Wanda said sarcastically "I have no idea what I'm going to get, what about you Nat"
"No clue, come on we're hear."

Wanda was sat in the waiting room on her phone when Natasha and Anna both came out. Annas eyes were red as if she'd been crying whilst Natasha looked as if she had seen a ghost. Wanda couldn't help but think what on earth happened in that room.

30 Minutes Ago

"It's time we talk about what we've been avoiding"
"No" Anna was quick to proclaim. What they had been avoiding was the end of Annas time in the red room and the memory which haunted her most. Nicole was waiting until she thought Anna was ready. Apparently that was today. Natasha looked at the girl curiously, not realising what they had been talking about.

"We need to talk about the graduation" Nicole explained, causing Natasha's eyes to widen. Anna felt her heart begin to beat faster. "so the day started..."
"Me and the other girls were unfastened from our bed 4am and brought to a room"
"Do you think thats why you get nightmares at 4am everyday?" The girl pondered this
"Maybe"
"Okay so you were in the room"
"I don't want to talk about this Nicole"
"Would you prefer Natasha wait outside"
"Thats Natasha's choice, I know she went through something like this" both women looked to Natasha
"I'll stay"

"Okay so we were pulled into this room and told it was time for our 'graduation', I was 10, most girls were a few years older than me, taller than me, so I was worried"
"What happened next"
"It was a blood bath... I mean one second there were 10,15 girls in the room and a few minutes later it was just me"
"What happened?"
"Some girls killed each other, I think I killed about 7 or 8. It was either kill or be killed, I uhh I didn't want to. I tried to stay out of it, it was like they were coming after me. They thought because I was small, I was weak, so people tried to get me first and I- I had to fight them off" Anna hadn't noticed the tears silently rolling down her cheeks "I had to fight them off" Anna finished before putting her head in her hands. Natasha sat silently, recognising her own memories of the events Anna just recalled.

"That was brave of you to admit Anna"
"Can we go now?" Anna asked, looking Nicole in the eyes.
"We have 10 minutes left Anna"
"Please, can we go now. We have to get to the shop before it closes" Nicole took a deep breath. She realised that she wasn't going to get anything else out of Anna today.
"You can go now" Anna stood silently and walked outside to wait for Natasha.
"Bye Nicole" Natasha said before following Anna out.

Wanda looked up as she realised that they were 10 minutes early. "Ready to go?" Natasha asked as she finally shook away the ghostly expression.
"Yep" Wanda replied standing up. She quickly looked over to Anna who had pulled her jumper sleeves down and was wiping her cheeks was them.

The car ride to the shop was silent aside from the radio which Natasha had turned on. Anna sat staring out the window whilst Wanda went on her phone, confused at the tension in the car. However, she was sitting in a car with 2 professional liars, both of whom could be very scary, so didn't say anything.

Once they arrived at the shop they examined their different options. Both Natasha and Anna opted for dresses whilst Wanda opted for something which slightly resembled a suit.

Once they arrived home the entire living room was decorated.

31.12.19

(wanda)                (natasha)              (anna)

The party started at 8pm and much to Annas dismay, she really did have to go. She hadn't slept at all since her last therapy session so wasn't looking forward to introducing herself to people she had never met.

After slipping into her long sleeved black dress, she put on nude tights which concealed the majority of her scars and her black boots. She wore the necklace Natasha got her and had Steves jacket tucked underneath her arm. She had done light makeup including black eyeliner. Her hair was slightly curled causing it to lightly skim her shoulder.

Wanda was happy with her decision to  wear a suit. Despite enjoying wearing skirts, dresses weren't really her thing, especially the formal ones which were expected for Tony's party. Like Anna, she had mostly neutral makeup on, but wore black eyeliner slightly more intense than Annas. She had done Annas makeup quickly after doing her own, not per Annas request, but she didn't argue too much.

Natasha slipped on her emerald green dress. Normally, she would've opted for a red dress but Wanda had advised her the colour would bring out her eyes. She paired it with a bronzed eyelid and nude lip. Unlike Anna and Wanda, who were wearing  platform doc martens, Natasha slipped on a pair of strappy black heels and gold jewellery.

At 7:50pm Natasha knocked on Wanda's door to ensure she was ready. "You can come in Nat" Wanda called out. It had become routine that Natasha was realistically the only one to knock on her door, or Anna, but she was currently sat on her bed getting her makeup done.

"You guys ready" Natasha asked as she stood in the open doorway. Wanda finished Annas mascara before stepping away, smiling "Yep". She helped Anna off her bed before they both turned to Natasha
"Wow, you look very elegant Red" Anna said as she admired Natasha's outfit.
"The dress is stunning, and you look great in it Nat"
"Why thank you, the 'maternal figure' wants to say the dress is a bit short-"
"I will happily change into the old one" Anna interrupted
"No Anna it is short, but you look great, and Wanda I love the suit, very cool, is Rebecca coming?"
"No, not tonight, her family is hosting a party"
"I think I should change" Anna was looking in the mirror hesitantly
"You look great, come on we're gonna be late" Natasha stated.

Anna took a deep breath and the trio walked downstairs where the living room was already being flooded with people. She grabbed a diet coke from the bar before finding a sofa in a corner which was thankfully empty. It is a safe to say Anna wasn't a huge fan of parties. Her plan was to sit here until she could duck away into her room. The evening didn't go as Anna planned. But that is a story for another time...

Okay so that is the end of Annas solo story. I am planning on doing this for 3 more characters until they all meet at the new years party. I hope you enjoyed :)-mia