boxing day

26.12.19

The next day Anna was feeling worse. It was 9am and she was still asleep. Normally Natasha would be grateful, but she walked into find the girl shivering under her duvet. Or was she shaking? Natasha was unsure. "Hey Anna do you want to getup and eat something for me?" Natasha asked, her voice soft.
"I wanna sleep Red" Anna groaned. Natasha sighed before kneeling down beside Anna and placing a hand to her head. " Your burning up Anna, I'm going to call Bruce or I can get you some medicine and food?" Anna threw her face into the pillow and mumbled something which Natasha took to mean she didn't want her to call Bruce.

On her way out of the room, Natasha was approached by Wanda.
"Is it okay if Rebecca comes round today?"
"Yeah sure of course, do you want me to get anything? Or I think Steves about to go to the shop?"
"No its okay, we're gonna hopefully borrow Annas bike and cycle to the city"
"Don't bother asking, we both know she'll say yes"
"Is she still unwell?" Natasha nodded slowly
"I'm going to get her some medicine and food" Wanda nodded as Natasha walked into the kitchen.

Once in there, she conveniently found Bruce
"Hey Bruce, what medicine so I give if someone has a temperature, probably a bad cold?"
"Do you want me to check on her?" Bruce was quickly able to assume that Natasha was talking about
"No, she won't take the meds if she sees you"
"Fair enough" Bruce said as he handed Natasha a bottle of medicine. "A spoonful every four hours, should be able to kick it in a day"
"Thank you Bruce" Natasha said as she left with the medicine, some lightly buttered toast and mint tea.

She walked into Annas room finding the girl asleep again "friday, whats Annas temperature?"
"Ms. Novikov has a temperature of 98 degrees celsius" Natasha muttered 'shit' under her breath before waking the 15 year old. Sick Anna was a lot more like a regular teenager than normal Anna.
"Anna I'm gonna need you to sit up" Anna took a deep breath and leant against the wall. "I'm gonna give you the medicine now okay?" Anna took a sharp intake of breath, but she made a commitment so opened her mouth as the spoon approached. She slowed it and felt her throat burn slightly.
"Can I go back to bed now Red?"
"Eat the toast Anna, please" Anna looked at Natasha pleadingly, but as much as Natasha wanted to, she didn't budge. Anna slowly ate the toast and then looked up at Natasha. "I'll leave the tea here, you can get some sleep" Anna smiled slightly before lying back on the floor and going to sleep.

Rebecca arrived at the compound at 1 and was greeted by Wanda. They began by walking to Wanda's room so they could exchange gifts before going to eat lunch. They exchanged gifts only to find similar necklaces. Wanda's was silver and had a star shaped pendant with a red gem in the centre Rebeccas was also silver in a shape which mimicked a coin. They smiled at one another before heading outside.

"Are you sure Anna won't mind?"  She asked hopping on the girls black bike. She realised she would have to stand up as the pedals were too high.
"No, it will be fine" Wanda said laughing nervously
"You asked her?"
"Well no. She was sick and Nat just told me to take it" Rebecca nodded slowly climbing back onto the bike.

"You finally got the route down?" Rebecca questioned
"If not, theres always google maps" Rebecca laughed as they continued cycling. They planned to go to a pizza restaurant they had seen the last time they were in the city. It was on the outskirts, meaning it was closer to the compound at only a 30 minute cycle.

They sat at a table and began talking
"So how was your Christmas Rebecca?"
"It was actually really good, I mean my family was there, my aunts, uncles and cousins all came round. It was super fun. We had dinner, gave gifts and then me, my mum, my dad and sister watched a movie"
Wanda couldn't help but feel slightly envious of Rebecca talking about her family, but then again the Avengers did resemble a family to her
"What about you, do anything fun?"
"Yeah we ate food which Nat and Steve cooked, umm we had a secret Santa"
"Ooh what did you get?"
"The hoodie I am wearing"
"Oh my god, you've wanted that for ages. Who got it?"
"Bruce, but he asked Anna for help. Apparently she's a great gift giver"
"Awesome"
"Yeah and I just spent the rest of the day watching movies with them"
"Sounds fun"