haircut

28.09.19

'Who the hell is knocking on my door at 4am? I mean sure, I wasn't asleep, but it still feels slightly inconsiderate. Anna. No one else would be awake'
Natasha thought as she walked to her door, stumbling slightly.

"Hey Anna, what can I get for you?" Natasha asked the girl opposite her. Her hair was wet and she was holding a comb and a pair of scissors. If Natasha was currently at ideal mental capacity, not entirely tired, she probably would've been able to deduce what Anna was about to say. "Can you cut my hair?" Natasha's face was full of shock. This felt incredibly sudden, but she wasn't going to say no. "Come on in"

Anna was sat cross legged on the bed in front of Natasha, who was on her knees. Her hair was currently down to her waist and it was annoying her.

"How much do you want off?"
"Shoulder length" Natasha was slightly taken aback.
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, the rest of it is so dry and dull anyway" this was entirely true. The hair hadn't had any proper care until the girl reached 14.

When she arrived, it was at the middle of her back. It was dry, matte and notted. Despite having proper treatment for a year, whilst brushing and styling it Anna could still tell that it wasn't the same. It was also uneven due to the half assed cuts she received from the guards, simply hacking at her hair with scissors.

"And you want me to do this?" Natasha asked "Because there are hairdressers"
"1. I don't trust them, I trust you and 2. You were trained just like me, we know precision" it was true, both woman could shoot heart and head in a moving target in 2 shots. Surely this skill had to correlate somehow? Anna thought.
"Okay, well I guess I'm doing this." and with that Natasha began.

She sectioned the hair to begin with, starting from the bottom. She cut an half an inch below her shoulder blade. Annas hair was practically pin straight, so it would sit at her shoulders when dry. It was also quite thick, meaning this was likely to take a while.

She was halfway through the middle layer when there was another knock at the door. It was 5.00am, Steve inviting her on another morning run most likely. "Give me a second, it's probably Steve" Natasha told the girl in front of her "Okay" was all she got in reply.

She pulled open the door saying "I'm not going running Steve" upon actually looking at the person outside her door it wasn't Steve "Wanda?"
"Hey Nat, seen Anna anywhere, she wasn't in her room" why is Wanda looking for Anna at 5am?
"Come on in"

Both woman walked back in. Wanda pulled a chair in-front of Anna whilst Natasha took her seat behind her. "Hey Wands" Anna said as she sat down.
"Hey Anna, whats going on?"
"Hair cut" Wandas face told Anna she was confused, but refrained from acknowledging it
"Right...Okay...I need your help"
"Go ahead"
"I want to ask out Rebecca" Annas face lit up. She had noticed Rebeccas and Wandas flirty tone of conversation, a tone neither showcased with anyone else.

"Who's Rebecca?" Natasha piped up, as she resumed Annas haircut knowing Wanda wasn't talking to her.
"Rebecca is this girl I met on a run, we went to her house last Saturday, also senior at Midtown"
"Oh nice" Natasha was trying her best to seem interested, but not protective.
"Yeah, so Anna?"
"1.I don't know why I would be the person you come to for this and 2.message her asking her on a date, after she says yes, she will say yes, take her to the restaurant we see on our cycles home with the live music advertising. You like music, she likes music, I think it will be good"
"1.I asked you because you are like unbelievably observant and 2. That is the best idea I've ever heard. I'm gonna text her now"
"Maybe wait" Natasha piped up "She may not be awake at 5am"
"True, very true"

Natasha was on the top layer of hair whilst Wanda was looking at her phone still. She enjoyed Anna and Natasha's company, so stayed as she wasn't able to sleep. "And done" Natasha replied as it approached 5.30. Anna had a-lot of hair. Wanda looked up and her jaw dropped.

"Holy shit" was all she said at Anna, who now looked scared as a result of the response.
"That bad?" Anna asked the girl, who was yet to say anything else. It actually framed Annas face, and petite frame nicely. Wanda was just in utter shock, not realising Natasha was cutting this much.

Anna turned her head to face Natasha "Is it that bad?"
"It looks great, Wanda's just shocked that you cut so much" Natasha proceeded to clear her throat as Anna turned back around. This caught Wandas attention.

"Its different" Was all Wanda said
"Good different?"
"Very good different" this caused Anna to smile. "Great, so you guys want to train?" Anna suggested. Wanda simply stood up and left the room, meaning her answer was a strong no.

Anna got changed into her regular all black workout clothes, and Natasha did the same. They proceeded to spar until the rest of the compound awoke.

Today was Saturday, and Anna and Wanda spent it similarly to last Saturday and the Saturday before, at Rebeccas house.