friends

09.12.19

Anna had been focused. Very focused. All she wanted was to do field missions. She had spent hours a day training sparring with each person Natasha had suggested. She won and won, despite not using all of her skills. She also practiced ballet, finding it calming. She was yet to return to the City to see her friends, meaning that she only saw Rebecca when she started coming to the compound. Wanda wasn't confident in her ability to get to New York by herself, and Natasha wasn't comfortable with it either. Anna felt bad, so had promised to go with her on Saturday evening. She decided to pick up her phone, only to see the hundreds of messages on the group chat. She didn't read them but noticed her name be mentioned a few times. She scrolled to them talking about this Saturday.

rooftop club

wanda:hi guys, anyone free this saturday?

maisey:you finally returning to the city?

wanda:me and anna are both returning to the city

The entire group took a breath, including Anna. No one had seen her for months, a side from Rebecca who she occasionally crossed paths with when she was visiting Wanda. Rebecca was, beside Wanda, the only one who knew about Annas panic attacks, and it was going to stay that way.

rebecca:annas coming?

anna:yes

Anna also hadn't texted her friends in months. Honestly, the only thing she did was dance, train, eat and try to sleep. She also did school, mostly when she couldn't sleep, so she was a few weeks ahead. She felt awkward, like she needed to explain hereelf, but she couldn't.

malcom:well look whos risen from the dead

henry:if it isn't our favourite ballerina

anna:sorry for the radio silence

rebecca:its okay anna

Rebecca knew. Well, she assumed what had happened.And that was the only reason she said it was okay. Everyone else was curious. Anna knew they'd have questions and she knew she should answer. These people were her only friends. She ditched her school friends, besides Peter. To be fair, she didn't have their number and hadn't really seen Peter to ask. He spent most of his time at Stark Tower.

maisie:whats been keeping you so busy?

Anna took a sharp intake of breath. What the fuck was she meant to say. Their was nothing she wanted to say. She couldn't tell them the truth, but she didn't want to lie

anna:ballet

henry:omg you make making fun of you easy

maisie:you've just been intensely doing ballet for 3 months?

anna:i was at a ballet camp

malcom:what about school?

anna:im homeschooled

maisie:you couldn't pick up the phone?

Anna was closest to Maisie, besides Wanda, out of everyone in the group, so she had a right to be annoyed. To say Anna felt bad would be an understatement. She abandoned them.