Join or Die

The entire group was gathered around the rover after Lincoln's and Sinclair's bodies had been burned. Morale was low but they still had work to do. Raven had decided she would only slow Clarke down on their mission to find Luna and that she would be more useful back here. 

"Miller," Bellamy spoke up. 

"We'll keep them safe," Miller assured, giving Bellamy a nod. 

"And Clove and I will keep them safe," Harper joked. 

"How about you?" Bellamy turned too Jasper. "It's going to be dangerous."

"You know me well. I'm in." 

Clove chuckled and was the first to step forward and give Jasper a tight squeeze. She sent Bellamy, Clarke, and Octavia a simple nod before taking a couple steps back. She noticed Monty eyeing Jasper with a frown. "Just hug him," Clove whispered in his ear. 

Monty moved his head to glance at her. He simply shook his head and averted his eyes to the ground. And with that, the rover was headed out of the hangar bay. 

"Well, now that they're gone," Clove turned on her heel to face the remaining people. "I'm leaving too." 

"What? We agreed to stay here," Emilio said. 

"You guys did," Clove shrugged. "I'm... gonna go try and find Murphy. It's no big deal." 

"You're out of your mind, Clo," Harper spoke. "You're not risking your life for him."

"Listen," She sighed, pushing stray hairs out of her face. "There's a reason I waited for Clarke to leave. Love the girl but I know exactly what she would've said. No way, we can't risk it. We need to stick together. That crazy bitch of a commander will chop your head off too. Whatever, maybe that isn't exactly what she would say." Nobody said anything. Miller and Bryan shared a look. "If it were anybody else, we would have already been in Polis looking for a trail. Like it or not, Murphy is one of us." 

They all looked at each other, still not saying anything until Emilio groaned. "Fine. I'll be ready in a few minutes." 

"No. I'm going alone." 

"Now you have officially lost your marbles, Clove Josephine."

"Yeah, that's not happening," Miller agreed. 

"Emilio's mind is more useful with Monty and Raven. And you three need to stay here to protect them." They basically all just stared at her, still not really believing what she was saying. "Guys. I was thinking about it all night. Lincoln and Sinclair... well, we can't afford any more losses."

"Let me come with you at least," Harper offered. 

"It'll be better if I go alone. I'll be less likely to be spotted," Clove explained further. Emilio glared at her with his arms crossed. "You know you can't stop me." 

"Yeah, I know. I hate you," He half-heartedly reached out and punched her arm. 

"Love you too." 

---------------

Who could have guessed that her friends would be right? 

A few hours into her walk to Polis, she heard a branch snap. Clove knelt down and surveyed her surroundings but didn't see anything. That was until Eugene came running out of the bushes covered in dirt, blood, and sweat. 

"Eugene?" 

"Huh?" Eugene squinted and looked around. When he recognized Clove, he seemed to nearly collapse. "Clove, thank god. We gotta find help. They're everywhere."