Spacewalker

"Papa, please," Clove pleaded

"Papa, please," Clove pleaded. She stood in the tent she shared with her father and Emilio, trying to convince them to leave.

"Mi querida," Caesar was gentle with his words. "I know you are afraid but they offered a trade. They let us stay if we give them the boy."

"I know the deal but you aren't listening!" She glanced at Emilio, who was deep in thought. "Clarke, Raven... they'll never give Finn up. The grounders will attack and I don't want to be here when they do!"

"The people who lead this camp, they're the people who got us down here, Clove. I trust they'll do what's right for the good of our people, rather than sparing one life," Caesar gave her one last assuring glance before leaving the tent.

"I trust they'll do what's right," Clove mocked in a deep voice, sticking her tongue out where he once stood. "Dumbass."

"I'm telling him you said that," Emilio spoke.

She snapped her head in his direction and squinted at him. "You wouldn't dare." Emilio laughed and shook his head. "Please tell me you understand that we can't take any chances. We should just go to the City of Light like Jaha suggested before."

"We'd be going in blind, CJ. It's practically a death wish."

"We can just sit here and wait to be killed!" The girl exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "I did not survive all of that just to die in this stupid camp when there was another option!"

"I'm sorry but... I think we should trust pa." Clove groaned loudly. "He knows—"

She didn't let her brother finish. Already stomping out of the tent, she called back to him, "Don't say I didn't warn you guys!"

"Clo."

"What?!"

"Damn," Murphy responded. "What did I do?"

"Nothing yet, but we'll see how long that lasts," She answered sourly. They hadn't spoken much since they had kissed during the fog and she couldn't help but be a little annoyed at him for never even mentioning the moment they shared. That, plus how mad she was at her family for not listening to her, made her not want to be in his company at the moment.

"Who pissed you off?" Clove glanced at him briefly. She hated that it was so dark outside but she could still see his jewel eyes shining so brightly.

She looked back at the ground, "My family won't leave the camp. I told them Clarke wouldn't give Finn up but they won't listen."

"Do you think we should give Finn up?" He asked cautiously, lowering his voice.

"Well," She paused. "I don't want him to die. I don't want to die either though, nor should the people I care about have to suffer because of what he did... which is why I want to leave."