Gimme Shelter

"I'm tired of hearing old men sing," Clove whined, pressing random buttons on the radio until she figured out which one would skip the current song that was blasting in the kitchen of Becca's mansion. "I need to hear a women's voice right now or I'm smashing this thing."

"Alright, calm down drama queen," Murphy said, pulling her hands away from the radio. He shook his head at her before leaning over to replace the disc that was in the radio. "Better?"

Clove listened and thought for a moment then nodded. "Acceptable. What are you cooking again?" She asked as she sat down at a stool in front of the island counter.

"It's," Murphy glanced at the cookbook. "Pasta, brown rice, and garlic mashed potatoes."

"Yum," Clove hummed and rubbed her belly. Murphy motioned for her to come over to his spot by the stove. "Why? I just sat down."

Murphy rolled his eyes. "Just come here."

"The things I do for you," Clove groaned but slid off the stool and walked towards him, her boots dirtying the pristine white tile. "What?"

Murphy answered by snaking his arm around her waist and pulling the girl into him. He leaned in slowly to kiss her with his hand against her jawline. Painfully slow, Clove noticed. Murphy paused when their noses were touching and they were breathing the same air. Then, instead of kissing her, Murphy reached up and rubbed mashed potatoes on her nose.

Clove's jaw gaped and she was quick to scoop it off of her nose and rub it on his cheek. "I hate you," Clove crossed her arms and fought back a smile.

"You love me," Murphy teased and kissed her cheek before turning back to the stove and focusing on his cooking.

"Maybe," Clove shrugged as she leaned her elbows against the marble countertops and watched him stir the food.

Murphy gave her the slightest glance, his head still bowed and his eyes barely leaving the food. "Maybe I do, too."

The two were interrupted by Emori and Clarke approaching the tall glass doors. Emori pulled the door open and they both walked in. Murphy turned to check the instructions in the cookbook while Emori turned the alarm system back on. Clarke looked around with wide eyes and then looked between the food on the stove and Murphy reading the book. "You can cook?" She said with a slight smile on her face. Murphy nodded and hummed, staring intently at the cookbook. "You can read?"

Clove snickered and Murphy stopped scanning the instructions and looked up. "I know what you're thinking Clarke," He turned around and moved back to the stove. "Why are all the good ones taken, right?"

"Sure, Murphy. You're a real catch," Clarke spoke dryly. Emori stood in the corner silently, glancing over at the others every couple seconds.

"Oh, I know," Murphy responded and scooped some potatoes onto a wooden spoon. He cupped his hand under the spoon and brought it to Clarke.

"Oh my god," Clarke gushed and Murphy nodded in agreement.

"How are things back home?" Clove wondered.

"Well," Clarke thought for a moment. "Illian caused a lot of damage to the Ark. We'll never be able to fix it in time. People are scared," Clarke answered honestly. Clove stared at her and said nothing. "Oh, I see. Emilio and your father are doing okay. Emilio's been helping Monty try and plan other solutions but they haven't had much luck. Your father has led most of the attempts to reinforce the ship."