Human Trials

"Hear me out," Clove began, causing Octavia to groan

"Hear me out," Clove began, causing Octavia to groan. For the first few hours of the trip, Clove actually had been quiet, mourning the loss of her family. But when she realized she couldn't let these people see her fall, Clove composed herself. "Imagine this—"

"I'll save you the trouble, C," Octavia interrupted, not bothering to turn around and look at the girl. "No."

Clove glared at the back of Octavia's head but bit her tongue, knowing she had just lost Lincoln. "We're here," Bellamy announced unnecessarily as they came upon wire fences and a big gate.

"Finally. I can't wait to sleep on something that's not a log or rocks." Monroe hummed, almost laughing in a way.

Mel smiled faintly at Clove, nodding as a small thank you as they entered the Ark camp. The guards immediately confiscated the weapons they had. Mel and Monroe had both been taken to medical when Clarke came bounding over, hugging Bellamy tightly.

"There's something I thought I'd never see," Octavia smirked at the two hugging, glancing at Clove who only shrugged. Clarke stepped back from Bellamy and embraced Octavia. "I'm glad you're okay."

"You, too." Clarke looked to Clove and smiled. "And you, Clove."

"Likewise."

"How many are with you?" Bellamy questioned.

Clarke shook her head. "None," She glanced behind him at the gate. "Where's Finn?"

"Looking for you."

The group began walking and talking, Clarke informing them all about Mount Weather and Clove trailed behind slowly, her eyes cast downward.

"Clove?" The girl looked up and scanned the camp for the culprit. She was tackled to the ground and she yelped, groaning slightly. "Oh my god, you're okay!"

"Emilio?!" Clove's mouth was grinning widely, making her cheeks feel tight. "What the hell! I thought you died! I saw the Factory station crash!"

"We didn't come down on Factory station."

"We?" She repeated, pushing him off of her and standing up, ignoring the mud that coated her back. "Does that mean..."

"Clove! Mi querida!"

"Papa!" Clove wrapped her arms around her father tightly, glad that his body blocked the public from seeing how much she was crying.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Clo," Caesar spoke, planting a kiss atop her head, ignoring how greasy and matted her midnight locks were.

"You guys have know idea what I had to do down here," Clove sighed but kept her smile intact. "I spent like six consecutive days with Eugene Sohn. We're kind of cool now." Clove ended her statement there, her mind trailing off. It made her think about friends she'd made on the ground (there weren't many), but she realized that Fox, amongst others, was trapped in the mountain. She didn't deserve that. "Don't tell anybody I said this but... Earth isn't fun."