We Will Rise

Clove and Murphy sat on the red circular structure in the center of Becca's lab. Murphy had a earpiece to monitor Raven and played with a remote control car while Clove laid on the red ring with her legs in Murphy's lap. "It's so boring in here," Clove groaned as she stared at the blank white ceiling.

Murphy glanced at her briefly but continued operating the miniature car. "I'm sure we could do something that would entertain you." Luckily, the earpiece had a button to switch the microphone off so Raven wouldn't hear them talking. 

Clove whipped her head towards him with squinted eyes. "Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting."

"Maybe," He shrugged. "If you're really that bored. I mean, it's just us in here while Abby and Jackson sleep."

"And Raven?"

"She's going to be failing to save the human race in that rocket all night, Clo," Murphy noted. "Let's live a little." 

"I'll have you know, I live a lot," Clove propped herself head and shoulders up by placing her elbows against the structure. "And we are so not having sex while Raven is yelling in your ear." 

As if on cue, Raven yelled from inside the rocket. Her yells were faint and fuzzy through the earpiece, but loud enough for Clove to notice them. Murphy mumbled a 'whatever' before he turned the microphone on for his end. "Way to go, Raven. Nuclear death wave forty-two, mankind zero.

"You want to get in here and try?" Clove had moved her head right beside Murphy's to listen to their conversation. 

"Nah, kinda busy actually," Murphy replied as he maneuvered the car around the lab. "Anyway, wouldn't want to be responsible for everyone in the world dying." Clove gasped at him and elbowed his ribs. 

"Abby said you had to watch. No one said you had to weigh in." 

"Oh, that's me. Always going above and beyond the call of duty. Speaking of, you keep starting with you fuel gauge at seventy-five percent. Maybe that's your problem," Murphy offered in a dry voice. 

"Pay attention," Raven demanded. "Ten barrels of hydrazine is all we had left at Arkadia. If there was more, I wouldn't have a problem landing." Raven then sucked in a breath and groaned. "Oh, damn it!"

Murphy stopped moving the toy and glanced over his shoulder at the rocket. "You okay in there?"

"I'm fine. Shut up." 

"Want me to wake up the doc?" Murphy asked. 

"No! No, I'm good," Raven exhaled. "I'm running it again."

"Sure, twenty-eighth times the charm, right?" Murphy drawled before he switch the microphone back off. "You have the world's pointiest elbows. What was that for?" 

"We're supposed to be getting on people's good sides," Clove pointed out. "And I don't think you should be stressing her out. Her head could blow at any minute and then we'll all be doomed. I don't want to die. Do you want to die, Murph?" 

"She knows I'm not serious," Murphy shrugged. 

"Maybe but she doesn't need the added pressure right now."