The Four Horsemen

Clove and Murphy had snuck out together the past couple of nights with supplies for Emori, figuring it was easier to take one ration a day rather than have a bunch go missing all at once. They both thought it was best to wait a couple more days to bring Emori in because most of the people who had been chipped were just recovering from their injuries.

"This is kind of fun," Clove whispered as they snuck into the supply room and hid behind a shelf. Sparks flew haphazardly while Raven welded something. Murphy shook his head at her and stashed a couple items into a backpack. "You don't think so?"

He placed his index finger in front of his lips as a way to quiet her and pointed at Abby, who had just entered the room. Raven stopped what she was doing and removed her helmet. "I already told Jackson we can't spare anything."

"We're talking about seven doses," Abby argued.

"That's a quarter of our supply, Abby, a supply that has to last us for 5 years on an irradiated planet." Clove and Murphy instantly locked eyes and exhibited similar concerned expressions. "We're gonna need every one of those pills, and you know it."

"You're right," Abby submitted. "We put you in charge of the supplies. It's your call, but-"

"Will it work? Can you guarantee the medicine will save them?" Raven climbed down and stood in front of Abby. "You can't because delactivene needs to be used within 24 hours of exposure. It's on the damn label."

"The rate of effectiveness goes down, but it doesn't mean it won't work," Abby said. Raven began to shake her head and Abby pleaded further. "We have to try."

"No."

"There's a child in there! At least give me enough for her," Abby begged.

Raven's voice was low and raspy, "I'm sorry, but we can't waste our supply on a long shot."

"If we save even one life, would you call that a waste?"

"Even if it worked, even if we could save them today," Raven paused and shook her head. "They'll be dead from radiation inside two months."

Clove subconsciously grasped Murphy's forearm when Raven said this and he placed his hand on top of her's.

"You tell yourself that if you need to but the radiation isn't killing that child. You are," Abby said before storming out. Raven sighed and put her helmet back on before getting back to welding.

"Um, so..."

"New plan," Murphy spoke. "Emori needs to get here now and start earning her place before the radiation comes. And we should do more around here so there's no doubt that we're too valuable to leave behind." 

"Yeah," Clove nodded. "I think you should go work on Abby. Stealing the medicine for her is a perfect way to get in good with her. Then you go find Emori." 

"What are you going to do?" 

"I need to find my family first and tell them what's happening. Then I'll come back here and work on Raven. We need to cover all our bases." Murphy nodded and began to sneak towards the medicine but Clove pulled him back to give him a quick kiss. 

"We'll survive this," He assured her. Clove nodded slowly before shooing him away and sneaking out the way they had came in. 

Clove wandered the camp, desperate to find either one of her family members. After concluding they weren't outside anywhere, Clove began checking the various rooms in Arkadia. Finally, she found them with Monty in a room with a dozen computer screens. "What are you nerds up to?" The three men shared a look. "Or don't tell me. Monty, can we get a second?" Monty said yes and grabbed a couple of things before exiting the room, the door closing with a hiss behind him. "Something's coming," Clove got right to the point. "In two months, Earth won't be survivable."