𝟶𝟻.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 |
𝙽𝙾 𝚁𝙴𝙶𝚁𝙴𝚃𝚂

𝙰 𝚆𝙴𝙴𝙺 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁

"How was school, baby?" Kimora glanced back at her son with a smile as he buckled himself in.

"Good! I met a girl, her name's Kamila. She's really pretty." Cj smiled dreamily causing Mora to chuckle quietly.

"Ohhh, is she smart?" Mora asked as she pulled out of his school's parking lot.

"Yeah! She knew all the answers to the math problems." he responded with the same smile plastered across his face.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. I can't wait to meet this girl,"

She looked at Cj through the rear-view mirror.

"Maybe we can talk to her mom about some play dates? How that sound?" she smiles at him.

"Yes! I'll ask her tomorrow." she nodded, chuckling softly at his enthusiasm.

With her head leaning against the back of the couch, Mora laid snoring quietly. The sound of her door being knocked on caused her to slightly jump out of her sleep.

"I know you lying.." she mumbled to herself.

She stood up from her couch, making her way toward the door as the knocking got louder.

"I'm coming, chill the fuck out." she grumbled.

One thing she hated was being woken up, unless it was by Cj.

She swung the door open, coming face to face with Lauren. She let out a sigh and walked away from the door.

"Why you ain't just use your key?" Mora rolled her eyes, plopping down on her couch.

"Um.. you got the locks changed? You ain't give me no new key." Lauren replied with a confused look.

"Oh. Here." she replied handing her the spare key. Lauren took the key away from her.

"So I guess it's just fuck me huh?"

"What you talking about Lo?" Mora sighed.

"I ain't heard from you in a week, the fuck you mean?"

"I been busy." Mora shrugged.

"Don't do that Kimora."

"Do what?"

"Hide your feelings. What's wrong?"

"I'm not doing anything Lo. I swear I been busier than usual lately."

"If this is about Chri-

"It's not and I don't want to talk about him right now."

"So you just gonna keep pretending like this shit didn't happen? Like you didn't just exchange a life for a life?"

"Lauren. I don't want to talk about this right now."

"You have to talk about it. You can't walk around with something like this on your shoulders."

"Lauren, that man did not deserve to continue living! He had sex with a 16 year old girl for God's sake! Got her pregnant, didn't even try to reach out to see Cj and had the girl go through the decision of aborting a baby alone! Fuck him! I don't want to talk about it anymore." Mora yelled, jumping up from the couch, storming away.

Lauren sighed as she watched her. She took a deep breath and stood up, following her in the direction she was going. She found Mora pacing in her kitchen, grumbling lowly to herself.

"Ki.. look, I'm sorry. I really am. I just, I don't want you walking around like this. I want you to open up."

"Lauren.. I don't have anything to open up about. It's not bothering me, yes, the fact that Cj is another black boy growing up without a father hurts me but I will not have my child grow up in a life where his father believes it okay to hurt women or anybody. What's done is done, it's over with. My child will be just fine without his cheating, lying, and manipulative, father,"

"But-

"I know it may sound bad but either way, it's better than me and my child dying over some man who barely even cares about us. Yes, I did what I had to do. I have no regrets and I am fine. Please drop it, Lo."

"Okay, Ki. If that's what you want. Just know I'm always here if you need me." Lauren sighed.

— 

Short filler chapter, excuse any mistakes

Do you feel bad for Chris?

Is Mora wrong?