𝐨𝐧𝐞

Today me and my sister decided to practice hockey. Me and her won the state championship for Maine 3 times in a row. But still, there is always room for improvement as my mother would say. It was a beautiful day outside, our tulips had been blossoming and it made the breeze smell so elegant but pure. I couldn't be happier than to play with my sister. Me and Julie were always practicing, day and night. Today me and Julie were just practicing out in our yard when some random guy named Mr. Tibbles offered us a spot on team USA. We couldn't believe it. Julie was always a Goalie but I was always a Forward Hockey Player. We always worked together to score and win. We of course took the opportunity to play for team USA, I mean who wouldn't? We did struggle to leave Maine but we knew this was an opportunity of a lifetime. We would be leaving in 2 weeks so we had to pack fast. Our parents had always told us to chase our dreams so they said we could go. It was placed in New York. Apparently Me and Julie would be playing with 'The Ducks'. I was honestly excited to meet new people. My entire life I lived in Maine. I started to pack, but I was struggling. I wanted to fit in but show who I was. I would usually wear flannels, jeans, and converse. I wanted to be myself so I packed my Maine Jersey and some outfits for about 2 months. I honestly might've overpacked. Julie had over packed too. Julie was always called 'The Cat' and I had never gotten a nickname. I was always just called V or Violet. The 2 weeks had flown by fast and here are me and Julie on a plane to New York. I was nervous to introduce myself but I was confident in my scoring, speed, and technique. I was the fastest on my team in Maine. It was finally time to meet the Ducks. But here I was with 4 other new players along with myself and Julie. I knew one though, Ken Wu. He was a darn good figure skater, I never knew he played Hockey though. But these other people I had no clue who they were but from one new player to another we had to stick together. The first to be introduced was Luis Mendoza. He was from a Miami Club. He was a speedster in Mr.Tibbles words. He skated the blue line to the blue line for an average of 1.9 seconds. He suddenly bumped into the boards. Me and Julie skated over to help him up . All he had to say was " Yeah, I'm alright. I almost had it that time." Next to be Introduced was Dwayne Roberston from Austin. He was a cowboy for sure. Before we even knew his name he was screaming "Yee-Haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play some puck?" He seemed like a cool person. All I knew was that he was the best puck handler I had seen. Even Mr.Tibbles agreed. Then just like that it was my sister's turn befores she skated to the goal I whispered "you'll do great sis." and I gave her a small smile. She was introduced as Julie 'The Cat' Gaffney. Mr Tibbles continued to talk and said "Her and her sister Violet Gaffney won the state championship for Maine 3 years in a row." I knew that was my cue to skate onto the ice and wave but I high-fived my sister and went back to the side so she could show what she could do. I knew I was next, so I prepared myself. Once Julie showed off her skills all I heard was Coach Bombay saying "We could use a back-up" I was pissed but I had to control myself. Then Mr.Tibbles called my name "Then there's Violet Gaffney, always along beside her sister. She is one of the best players I've seen." That lightened my mood and I began shooting at 'Goldberg' their goalie. I scored every time. I smiled and once I was done I skated over to where Julie was. Next was the one and only Ken Wu. He was an amazing skater, he could do spins and twirls all day if he wanted to. It's really. Then, there was Dean Portman from Chicago. He skated around the 'Ducks' and started pushing them down. I knew I couldn't do anything to stop him so I just stood by Julie. Dean came around to us and threw his hockey stick at me saying "Here ya go, Sweetie!" I was immediately annoyed but didn't mind it. Then the 'Ducks' and us got into a huge fight and that's when I first saw him, Charlie Conway.