𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

We chose Averman to do the face-off once again. We started playing again. Averman gets knocked down. I quickly skated after the puck. We all were getting knocked down. But we were quickly getting back up. Then Coach calls Averman and Ken in. And the Bash Bros come out. I started laughing but I continued chasing to get the puck. After a bit Iceland tries to shoot again but Goldberg gets an amazing save. I quickly collect the puck and head towards the Iceland net. The Iceland players tried to catch me but I kept avoiding their attacks while still having the puck. Fulton starts distracting the goalie. I pass to Fulton and I get closer to the net. Fulton passes back to me and I shoot, I score! I hear Charlie, and the rest of the Ducks cheering. I cheer and hug the Ducks on the ice. I skate up to the goalie and say "What'd you think of that? Pretty sweet, huh?" I say with a smirk and I start skating away. The Iceland goalie comes after me. "Hey, you wanna piece of me? I knocked him down and I put his shirt over his head, And I got 2 minutes in the box. "What'd I do?" I say trying to not laugh. Once I get in there the Bash bros skate up to me. They are screaming and cheering for me." The Bash bros start hyping up the audience to cheer for me. The Bash bros shortly got put in the box too.  I hear the narrator of the game say, "Now there is a Bash sister?!"  I just laughed at the comment. The 2 minutes didn't last a long time. I was back on the Ice with Connie by my side. I knew me and Connie were in this together. Once the game started again, Connie got knocked down. The Bash Bros were still in the box and they were furious. We continued and Goldberg blocked a shot. I skated over to the puck. Connie was trying to help block the Iceland team, but she got knocked to the side. I was still trying to get the puck. I heard a yell but thought nothing of it. I was still trying to get the puck. I look up to see an Iceland player coming right for me. He gets pulled back by a rope. I saw Dwayne pull him back to him. Dwayne smiled at me. I skated over to him. "Get up there! Where I come from, we treat ladies with respect." Dwayne says talking to the Iceland player. "Thank you, Dwayne, But I'm no lady; I'm a duck!" I say pushing down the Iceland player. I just skate away as Dwayne gets pulled by the referee. Now we are at the end of the second period. The score was 4-1. Now we had intermission in the locker room. Our coach walks in and shouts, "Did you enjoy that?" "Yeah!" We all say "So did they, because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat." Coach responds and we all sit down except for Jesse. "If we can't beat them , we might as well keep our pride." Jesse says standing up to Coach. "Yeah." All the ducks including me say. Coach just starts talking again, "Jesse, that's not pride. Sure, when Dwayne roped that big oaf, part of me cheered. But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors. And I really, really wanted to go after Stannson for that cheap shot. But you know what? My knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, Well, then, I lost more than my knee. You understand?" "Yeah." We all respond to Coach. "We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves." " You, who are you?" Coach says pointing to Dean. "Dean Portman.""From where?" Coach asks. "Chicago, Illinois." "You." Coach says pointing to Guy. "Guy Germaine." "From where?" "From St. Paul, Minnesota.""You." Coach repeats pointing to Jesse. "Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota." "Who are you?"Coach says pointing to my sister. "Julie Gaffney from Bangor, Maine." "Luis Mendoza. Miami, Florida." "Greg Goldberg. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania." "Les Averman. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota." "Fulton Reed. Stillwater, Minnesota." "That's right!" "Russ Tyler. South Central Los Angeles." "Charlie Conway. Minneapolis Minnesota." "Violet Gaffney. Bangor, Maine." Charlie puts his arm around me and kisses my cheek. "Ken Wu. San Francisco, California." "Connie Moreau. Minneapolis, Minnesota." "Adam Banks. Edina, Minnesota." "Dwayne Robertson. Austin, Texas." "Michele Mackay. Duluth, Minnesota." "And I'm Gordon Bombay. Minneapolis, Minnesota." We all clap and cheer. "We're Team USA, gathered from all across America. And we're gonna stick together. You know why?" Bombay states. "Because we are Ducks. And Ducks fly together." Jans says coming up from behind him. "That's right, Jan. And just when you think they're about to break apart-" Bombay says cutting himself off. "Ducks Fly Together!" We all respond. "And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black-" "Ducks Fly Together!" "When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture" "Ducks fly together?!" "and when everyone says it can't be done, Ducks fly together." "Now, new ducks...and old ducks must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps something like this." Jan says holding up a new jersey. "Wow!" We all cheered and we quickly put on our new jersey and skated back out.