𝐭𝐰𝐨

He had dirty blonde fluffy hair and had a tall figure. After about a minute of arguing Coach got our attention. "Everybody Freeze!" Is all I heard coming from Coach Bombay's direction. Coach continued to talk to us "Now, we didn't come here to fight! We came here to play hockey! We're Team USA. You represent your country." Mr.Tibbles interrupts and says "That's right." Bombay starts talking again "Now, I want you--" He's interrupted yet again by Mr.Tibbles as he says "To be all that you can be, right? Ya gotta raise yourself up, guys! Ya got--" Bombay starts staring him down and Mr. Tibbles down. We all laughed. Bombay yet again talks to us " All right, now. Let's start with the scrimmage." Mr. Tibbles could not take a hint and as Coach Bombay is about to blow his whistle he says "Great! Scrimmage!" and blows his whistle "You heard your coach! Now--" Bombay yet again stares him down. Mr.Tibbles had a loss of words till he blurted out "hey, you don't need me here. I've got an appointment anyway. I've got to see Miss Mackay. She's the team tutor" I give him a confused look and I look at Julie and she gives me the same confused look back. Bombay stops Mr.Tibbles from walking away "Don?" Coach holds out his hand and looks at Mr.Tibbles."Come on." Bombay is more eager. Mr.Tibbles hands him his whistle and Coach replies "You'll get it back at the end of the school term." We all chuckle. Coach finally ready to practice and says "All right, Ducks. Show 'em what you got! Let's scrimmage." And he finally gets to blow his whistle. We all start playing and Dwayne tricks a duck and steals the puck it's off to a great start. Till Luis gets the puck and crashes into Goldberg. Poor Goldberg had broken his fall. We were playing and my sister being the great goalie she is starts catching the pucks. Until this one boy named Adam scores on her. I was impressed we had the same position. I definitely would want to practice with him. Mr.Tibbles walks in with this lady that I presume to be Ms.Mackay but I pay no attention. I had already scored 2 points I needed to keep going. Until Fulton shoots. His shot hit the post and bounced around the stadium. Ms. Mackay shouts "Duck!" Mr.Tibbles cluelessly answered "That's right. The Ducks." He gets knocked unconscious. We all sprint over to see if he's okay. Until after about 5 minutes he opens his eyes. Ms.Mackay with worry in her eyes asks "Oh, Mr.Tibbles, are you alright?" He comes back with the funniest answer "Oh, Uh, I-I'll have the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake please." We all chuckled at the answer.

We then are introduced to Ms.Mackay. She introduces herself. "Oh, I'm sorry. He didn't have a chance to introduce us. I'm Michele Mackay, their tutor." Coach with a nervous look on his face replies "Hi, I'm Coach Bombay, their coach." Adam, as a confused guy asks, "Who said we need a tutor." We all reply with "Yeah. Really." Dean of course says "I don't need no school." Goldberg tries to convince her of optional attendance. She replies, "Well, That's not a bad idea..." Not knowing his name "Call me Goldberg." She continues "Goldberg. Yes. School will be optional." We begin to cheer but we're interrupted by her slightly raising her voice saying "However, However, should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play." I could tell she was gonna be a great teacher. Everyone sighs and a girl across the room says " Oh, that's unfair! Man, Can she do that?" We all start talking to each other. I walk up to Adam and I take my helmet off "Hey nice scoring out there! You got past my sister, very impressive." I hold out my hand "Violet Gaffney, and you are?" He responds by taking off his helmet and shaking my hand "Adam Banks, Nice to meet you." with the confidence I ask him "Would you wanna practice later, I mean it wouldn't hurt. Plus you might be the first actual competition I've had in a while." He nods and agrees "How about 6 pm here tonight?" This was great. "Sure I'll see you there." Suddenly me and Adam hear a crash on the ice. He tells me "That's Guy, Jesse, and Fulton." I chuckle and reply " What a bunch of goofballs!" I could tell they were in trouble. Next thing we now were all tied together with a rope. And I suddenly realize I'm standing right next to Charlie. Gosh he was cute. But I knew I needed to Contain myself so I just went along with the exercise that the coach was teaching. Dwayne then says "this is more crowded than a truckload of goats." My sister then says "Somebody better watch their hands." Everyone started complaining and shouted "Goldberg!" He starts explaining "It wasn't me!" Dean then shouts "No it was me!" We all groan. Coach starts talking "I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team. And to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate." We all fell onto the ice. Coach chuckles and says "Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try it again." After 20 minutes Dean starts to take charge "All right, all of you move to your right. Now." we all started moving till Fulton takes charge "Who made you boss? Everyone to the left." We all mumble "Yeah, left guys. Come on." We fall again. Coach could tell we weren't using teamwork "You guys can argue all you want, but I'm not untying you until you move as one." We groan and get up and try it again for almost 20 minutes more until we start skating together then turn, we were learning. He then unties us and we sit down and he says " You guys are startin' to look like hockey players. I'm proud of ya, team. You worked hard today. But Hockey should also be fun. Rancher Dwayne." Dwayne responds 'Yes, Sir!" Coach with a smirk plastered on his face says "Round me up some stray cattle there." Julie and I look at each other and say "Uh-oh..." We quickly get off the benches and split up. One by one players are getting caught. It was me and Charlie left, till he got caught almost making it out of there alive. I kept racing till Charlie tugged my jersey and pulled me close and Dwayne caught me. "Charlie!" I tried to hide my pink cheeks but they aren't that noticeable, thank the lord. We all started dancing on the ice. I was dancing with Julie till I trip and Charlie catches me and brings me back up on my feet as my hands are on his chest. With a loss of words I finally got out "Thanks for catching me, Charlie." I crack a smile he replies playfully "Anytime." and he smiles back. Ugh, that smile was just mesmerizing. I skate away to Julie and I start dancing again. Today was one fun practice.