𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Once we got to Los Angeles, I shared a dorm with Charlie. I didn't mind. We got to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to get registered for the Junior Goodwill Games. It still shocked me that I was here, playing on Team USA. We followed Mr.Tibbles in. We were all in our USA jackets. I was walking beside Julie. It was now time for our first game. We were getting changed in our locker room. And Charlie in his uniform walks up to me and says "Good Luck Vi. You'll do great." He gives me a smile and I return with a smile and a "Good Luck, Charlie." We were up against Trinidad Tobago. Once we were out on the ice they announced it as a winner-take-all game. I wasn't worried. Me, Adam, and Charlie were scoring and having fun. Me, Adam, and Charlie were talking till Adam looked in the stands. "Hey, ya got a girl in the stands?" Charlie jokes. "No. Scouts, Man. Look at 'em." Adam says worried. "Don't worry about scouts, Adam. Just play your best." I say to Adam, because he has nothing to worry about. By the end of the game it was a score of 9-2. We dominated Trinidad. About an hour after the game Coach had to give a speech in front of reporters. Once we were there Coach started getting asked questions and so were we. I didn't really pay any attention until we were about to leave and we suddenly heard a shout..."Team USA's going down. That's  where you're going. See you on the Ice, Bombay." We look over to see Team Iceland and their coach, Stansson. He played in the N.H.L he was known as Wolf 'The Dentist' Stansson. After that Julie came up to me and told me "I need more time on the ice, V. What do I do?" I knew exactly what to do. "Just tell him you want more time, Julie. You're an amazing goalie, no doubt. I think once you talk to him he'll do something about it." I responded. She nodded and walked away confidently. I left to go to my dorm since we had no practice after today's game. Once I got back to my dorm Charlie and I decided to watch a movie together. We were watching Frankenstein when we suddenly heard laughter and music. We rushed out of our dorms to look. It was Luis, Goldberg, and Ken being chased by Dwayne. And Dwayne had a face full of whipped cream. The classic shaving cream prank with a feather. Me and Charlie laughed and got back to our movie. I was getting hot in our dorm. "Hey Charlie, I'm gonna get changed into something else. I'm getting really hot. I'll be back in a second." I get up and head to the bathroom to get changed. I come out with shorts and a tank top on. But having these shorts on I realized that they are kinda booty shorts. I hope I don't make Charlie uncomfortable. On my way out of the bathroom I'm pulling down my shorts. I sit down next to Charlie again. And we continue watching the movie.

~Charlie's POV~
When Vi walked out of the bathroom I didn't expect her to walk out in booty shorts. I widened my eyes but tried to stay normal. You see I had a bit of a crush on Vi. I tried my hardest to not show it. But the way her hair falls, her freckles, her smile, the way she played hockey with so much love. She was the perfect girl. I gulped and focused my eyes back on the tv.

~Violet's POV~
I sat back down next to Charlie. I couldn't help it. I got a confidence boost and I just scooted closer to where I was under his arm, cuddling with him. Then the weirdest thing happened. Charlie moved his arm to hold me. I couldn't believe it. Could he like me back? Could he have feelings for me too? I just cuddled with Charlie for about 30 and I just fell asleep in his arms. We woke up at 8 am to get ready. Charlie and I headed down to the locker room. And we got ready for warm-ups. Coach walks in with his hair slicked back and he's wearing a suit. This isn't our coach. Fulton and Portman walked up to the coach. "Good night last night, Coach?" "Yeah, it was fine." Coach replied. "What'd you do?" Portman added. "Oh, I...just watched some tv, got to bed early." Coach replied. That's when I knew something was off. "But, not without a little dessert right?" Dean asks. "A little ice cream, maybe?" Fulton adds as they walk away. I walk up to Fulton and ask "What's going on with Coach?" Fulton turns to me and says "He went out for ice cream last night with some Iceland chick." I knew something was off about Coach. What a traitor. We got onto the Ice and did warm-ups as Goldberg was being "Interviewed" by Averman. I couldn't help but laugh and just skate away. Today we're playing Iceland. The 'Heavy' favorite as people said. I was on the ice first along with Jesse, Portman, Goldberg, Banks, Reed, Robertson, Fulton and Charlie. We got onto the ice and three seconds into the game Portman gets kicked out of the game for 'running at him unprovoked'. The referee was blind. We just continued playing and we were struggling. We were trying to hold on. We kept getting knocked over. By the second period I got replaced with Ken Wu to try to get a point. Ken tried his plan but got hurt. And I was back on the ice again. Another point for Iceland. Now the score was 4-0 in the final period. After about 5 minutes Iceland scores again. Goldberg gets replaced by my sister finally. 2 Iceland players skated up to her and talked to her. But then the  2 Iceland players get knocked down. They were too close. They deserved it. She was kicked out and Goldberg was back on.I high-fived Julie on her way out. "Good Luck V. Score for me okay?" I nod and skate on the ice once again. We start again. We get into the round and Adam is flying. He shoots. He scores. He raises his arms in excitement when an Iceland player hits his wrist badly. The referee gives him 2 minutes. That kind of hit could have broken his wrist! This referee was way off. He was stupid. We all skate to see if Adam is okay. He just nods. We get back into the game and try our hardest for the last period. The game ends 12-1. We lost badly. We only had 1 since Adam was the only one that could score. This team was good, real good. We all get back to the locker room. Coach comes in and calls us "Pathetic." He was not having it and he made us practice after the game. Charlie talks to Coach for a second and he says "20 more sprints!" I skate up to Charlie and give him a weak smile and I get back to sprinting. We sprinted and practiced until 11 pm. It was not like Coach. He was Captain Blood now. The next day in class none of us could stay awake. I sat next to Charlie in class and I was just falling asleep on him and he had his head rested on me. We all couldn't sleep last night since we had been in so much pain. Ms.Mackay finally asks us "why is everyone falling asleep Violet?" I responded with a groaning voice "Coach had us up till 11 pm last night, practicing. None of us could sleep with how sore we were. " I put my head back on Charlie. "Class Dismissed. And practice is cancelled. You kids need sleep. Now go." We all get up and I thank Ms.Mackay on my way out. Charlie carried me on his back on the way to our dorm. Even though he was tired too. He was really something. We got back to our dorm and both fell asleep, cuddling each other. Keeping each other close while sleeping. I now knew Charlie Conway had a crush on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
very long chapter. but thank you so much for waiting. i am posting the completed story right now<3