New Beginnings

Tomorrow was going to be a new beginning and I knew it.

It was 7:08 a.m. I could hear my dad rumbling in the kitchen. "Honey I bought breakfast from Biscuitville there's no milk to make breakfast." He said. "That's alright " I called out while crawling out of bed. My left hand was itching like I had a mosquito bite. I look at the sigil and my tongue had a stinging feeling to it. The sigil gave off an ominous vibe that scared me. As I got the dress I rummaged through my sock drawer to find my multi-colored gloves. I had to hide this sigil to protect others from this spell. I took some scissors and cut off the fingers to make it look more quirky. As I went downstairs I heard my dad talking on the phone. He smiled at me and then a sympathetic look. " I'm sorry sweetie but I got called in today," he said. Tuesday was his day and he got called in on his day off. BUMMER! "That's ok dad at least you can earn vacation time. "It's not overnight I'll be home when you get home," he said reassuring me. "That's even better," I said while sitting at the table. "Well, I gotta go. I may stop by the grocery store to grab some milk," he said grabbing his keys. I cringed. The reason why we did not have milk in the house is that Aiden poured it all over my head yesterday. I felt as if my blood was boiling. My hate for him was growing. My hand started to have a burning itch again. It caused me to remove the glove. I saw the sigil move around in my hand. It was as if it was animated...oh wait it was. My hate is fueling energy to it. I put my glove back on and scarfed down my thick biscuit. I was ready to get revenge.

I walked to school with more vigor. I had more confidence than I ever had today. I saw everyone in the front chatting as usual. I hesitated to see if Aiden and his band of toadies were around. I notice some people were looking at their phones and I began to shudder. I wondered if people saw the picture of me with milk over my head. I backed up so no one would notice me and I looked at my phone. I went on the usual social sites to see if Aiden posted anything. And just like that nothing. Most of the sites were down or had some maintenance. How about that? It wasn't posted. What was left of my self-esteem was salvaged. I sighed with relief and walked cautiously to the school entranceway. I tried to block out the snide remarks and dirty looks I got from my schoolmates. I walked stoically and was about to remove my glove when I was startled by a loud announcement on the intercom. "Attention students lunch will be served late the milk has gone bad" your classes will be long until we get a new delivery today". A few students looked confused and aloof about the announcement and just headed to the hallway. "The milk was bad" is what I repeated in my head. Is that a coincidence? My milk was bad and now the whole school's supply was bad too. Do this tie into me and all the spooky things that surround me? I snapped myself out of my daze and looked around again for Aiden. I was able to reach my locker uninterrupted by his harassment. I grabbed my book and looked around for him. I hope he's sick with a disease. I was thrilled at the thought until I saw him coming down the hallway. I began to walk away from him when I heard someone laugh at my sudden rush to get away. They knew Aiden made a morning ritual to torture me. But I was not having it today. My hands were full and I tried to reach for my glove. While I was trying to balance my book and trying to remove it I was struck with a sudden push."Milk milk lemonade" said Hunter mocking my predicament yesterday. "Wassup Hutchens," why the rush? Aiden said with a chipper voice and a sneaky grin. I froze. My blood started surging to my brain and I could feel my heart beating through my chest. I literally had

the upper hand but I just stood still. I wanted to hurt him before he hurt me. My whole body felt like it was on fire and the sigil writhed in my palm like some frantic worm. I heard some giggles in the background I hated those giggles. "Leave me alone is the only thing I could say. "What was that mumblefuck?" he said grabbing my left hand. I squeaked. "Ow, fuck" said Aiden. He got a static shock. I looked up with surprise. Her raggedy-ass shirt shocked me," he said frowning. Some people started mumbling to themselves and laughing at his comment. "She's electrifying," said Hunter. The bell rang and Aiden just gave me another sinister scowl. I headed to class in shock yes shock at what just happened. The universe was working in my favor. I was never able to inflict pain on Aiden and now he's getting his just desserts. As the day went on I tried to steer clear of Aiden. I wondered if he was plotting a way to get back at his "shock" this morning. Once the third bell rang it was my second least favorite class gym. We did not have to swim today but watch a video. It was some sex-ed video that was laughable and awkward. We had to sit-stay in the art room while the art class went to lunch. "Okay class we are going to take notes from this video so pay attention. As coach Kresley shut off the lights some of the boys in class started to make obnoxious noises. The video started and I would tune in and out. Trying to tolerate a preachy after-school special talking about sexual health and STDs was not on my list. And speaking of STDs I looked over at Hunter whose hand was down his pants moving. Was he getting off watching this or does he not take a break from being some overly perverse douce? I say both. I wanted to gag. I clenched my hand and wanted to call him out and embarrass him but I remember he loves attention. Before I could say anything the bell rang. Hunter just sat up casually and walked towards Jessica touching her shoulders and hair as she giggled.GROSS! I thought. "Alright, when you get back you'll have to turn in your notes," said Kresley. I got up and walked with purpose. 

I wanted to use this sigil to my advantage. I approached the lunchroom scanning for Aiden. This time I would be the one to inflict pain instead of receiving it. I wasn't hungry so I sat with Andrew and Natalie who were reading mangas. "Have you heard from Aaron?" asked Natalie. "Yes, he's doing fine. He's taking computer technology. "He said he was going to take the GED tests next week," I said. "That's great. I still wish that he would have stayed," Natalie. "And miss out on the prom and other teen angst?NAH!" I understand why he wanted to leave. Not just the school was bad but his home life too. I looked up."What do you mean" I asked. "Aaron's parents were facing possible eviction," said Andrew. "What he never told me that. That's terrible," I said learning this new information. "How'd you know this, "asked Natalie. "I heard my mom talk to his mom over the phone. Their landlord shut off their ac and heating and they are 4 months past due," said Andrew. "I haven't been to his house I wonder what his family is doing now," I said. 'I guess he didn't want to tell us" I said. Hearing about Andrew's predicament rings home. After my dad lost his job and my mom left we had to downsize and take money loss. I now have reduced lunch and am lucky to get a couple of bucks from him here and there. I thought about this one spell on how to acquire wealth. It was a ridiculous thought but I pondered on how I could use it. "Hey what's with the glove?" asked Andrew. "Oh, I cut my hand the other day," I said holding my hand. "Oh ok said, Andrew. I looked around and saw Aiden and his henchmen silently having lunch. I clutched my hand and took a deep breath. I wanted him to start with me today and hoped the sigil would do its work.