Test-game day

It was a bit cool outside and the wind was blowing. The air smells like pine and the foliage made everything beautiful. The birds were singing and I even saw a black rabbit cross my path. I wish I still had a pet. Butters my golden retriever had passed two years ago. I never did get another pet because of expenses. As I crossed the field I thought I saw shadows in that old church. I stopped and gave it one last gaze and I saw nothing. I thought about my dream and the book. Was this my new reality? I thought life was terrible since my parents are divorced, my dad struggles financially to support us, and I'm getting bullied in school. All that was true but now I'm having nightmares or night terrors and that was true too. It was Friday and game day. I hated gameday. It was the day where the jocks had an excuse to act more like assholes than usual. The schoolyard was busy and the same vapid chatter and antics were going on as usual. I looked around to see if Aiden was around but I did not see him. I hoped he did not come to school but he wouldn't miss a game day. As I walked up the stairs I opened the door to see all football players rallying themselves up for the game. It was a home game that made it worse. They would party all night long if they won a game. They were all screaming play punching each other and banging on the lockers. 

They were in front of mine which was great. I reached my locker which was surrounded by them who were goofingoff waiting for Aiden. They eyed me and laugh while I crouched down putting in the combination. Their bodies surrounded me making me feel like a mouse in a room full of cats. As I opened my locker, I felt a shadow creep behind me. It was none other than Aiden. I let out a sigh as his friends laughed and snickered. I felt some liquid fall from my cheeks, but I wasn't crying. Aiden just casually poured water on my head causing the rest of his brood of douches to laugh. "She's all wet," someone said. I grabbed my book and just ran to the bathroom. I observed myself in the mirror to see a wet mess that was my hair. I pushed the paper dispenser vigorously and patted my head with the rough brown paper. My eyes looked puffy from a lack of good sleep and I wanted to cry. 

I let Aiden humiliate me again and I did nothing. If only I could go to another school or just... I suddenly had that eerie feeling surround my body again like earlier this week. I thought about the night I had. The book is indeed a witch book and I had to realize that I was being haunted. The bell had a ring and it brought me back to reality. In homeroom, Jason and Jessica were talking cutting glances at me laughing at my recent episode of Aiden humiliating me. I put my head on the desks and listened out for my name to be called. It was going to be a hard day. Today was test day I felt nervous about my math and English tests. Once homeroom ended I rushed to my math class. As the sheets were placed on my desk I stared at it and began. To my surprise, I was able to know the answers. 

I hoped they were right. I was able to finish the test in fifteen minutes instead of forty. I felt confident about my answers that I walked up front and placed the test paper in front of Mr.Ellerbee who eyed me curiously. I sat back down and read some more cliff notes of a "Midsummer night's dream" Next was English in which Aaron would be in the class with me. It still hasn't hit me that Aaron is gone. I studied hard for these tests so I hope I would pass thanks to Aaron's help. Once I got seated the test paper was passed out. I grabbed my pencil and low and behold I began without hesitation. And just like that, I was finished with my test in less than 20 minutes. I walked up and sat the test paper in front of Mrs. Hastings who was surprised. Everyone looked at me with shock seeing that I finished all 35 questions so fast. "Finish already, Kate," she said. "Yes, mam," I said smiling." Well alrighty then," she said with a smile."Can I go to the restroom" I asked? "Yes you can,' she said. I walked out of the class looking both ways.

The halls were eerily quiet and suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I realize my period has started. I turned the corner to my locker to get out a tampon and briskly walked down the hall to reach my destination. As I turned the corner I stopped dead in my tracks. "I thought I smelled you," Aiden said with a disgusted look on his face. His voice oozed disgusts and anger. I did not say anything. I tried to run in the other direction but he quickly grabbed my arm and slammed me into a locker. "Where are you going," he said in a low voice. "I'm going to the bathroom," I said in a slight stutter. "I'm going to the bathroom," he said mocking me. "Let me go please Aiden, 'Im sorry," I said. He chuckled and pushed me to the floor. "Fucking pathetic bitch," he said walking away.

 A freshmen boy who was looking outside of his class just laughed at my expense. I felt low and indeed pathetic as Aiden said. I cried my way to the restroom. "Why did I apologize to him? What did I do to him to even apologize? I don't even have to provoke Aiden to hurt me he just does it with no reason at all. I'm convinced that Aiden is a demon. Demon I said to myself. Is Aiden a demon? What if he is one like the ones in that book... I trailed off. I had no aspirin and I should have stolen my father's Percocet. I'm in so much pain not from my period but from Aiden's abuse. I hoped I did not bruise. I still have scratches on my arm from the fall on my birthday. I walked back to class with everyone packing their bags. I must have lost track of time because the class was about to be over. "I'm glad you made it back Kate," said Mrs.Hastings. I walked over to my desks and grabbed all my things and waited for the bell. Once I exited the class I walked over to my locker to hear everyone cheering and laughing. I looked over to see Aiden manhandling Andrew Jefferson. I watched in horror as Aiden pushed and punched Andrew and finally kicking him in the stomach. Andrew collapsed on the floor holding his stomach coughing frantically. Natalie kneeled over him rubbing his back. "Move out the way bitch," said Jason kicking pass her causing her to tip over. It pissed me off seeing Aiden abuse other students. Natalie got Andrew to his feet while he was still holding his stomach. Everyone just laughed at them. I walked away quickly from my locker not wanting to get a second round of Aiden's violence.