Party time

It seems like once I stopped believing in Santa Claus everything has gone to hell. My 17th birthday proved that in more ways than one. My friends are all gone and I feel so alone. I don't feel as brave as I use to and now I have to face my enemies with no backup. After my birthday lunch with my mom, she took me shopping and gave me my weekly allowance. And there I was home alone on a Saturday night. It was 7:45 and my dad was called in for work. Normally he's off but I guess he got to chase that dollar. I crashed on my bed staring at the ceiling. I should just study my math or not.

 My phone began to ring which lifted me from my trance. I looked at the phone and saw it was Eliza. "Hey what" cha doing," she said on the other end. "Studying calculus," I said with a grin. Eliza giggled loudly. "There's a party across town. David's college buddies are having a get-together it's fall break for them I think" she said. "Oh wow that's cool," I said rubbing my head. "So you want us to pick you up," she asked. "Yeah cool that'll be great," I said. "Ok we'll be there in twenty," she said. "Ok bye," I said grabbing a skimpy-looking black shirt and skinny pants from my drawer. It was a college party and I knew it'll be some drinking. I have not gone to a party since the 9th grade. It was Selena's birthday. Everyone was there and it was great. I held back a tear. This party would be great. I have not had a birthday party since I was 6. This would be the closes thing to a real birthday party I've had in years.

 I heard David's car pull up and he honked his horn. I grabbed my phone and keys and headed out the door. "Looking good hun. You look fully 17" said Eliza. I smiled and got into the car. "So how's your week going Eliza asked. Ups and downs and sushi. My mom took me out today. We ate at shogun's," I said. Yay, sushi," said David. "I'm so ready to party. I need a drink these online classes are tiring. " At least you're good at calculus. I don't think I could be good at it online or on campus,' I said. "I'm taking a hybrid class," said David. "What's that," we both said. "It's my computer science class. It's both online and on-campus,' said David. "Really what time do you have to take it on campus," asked Eliza. 8 a.m. on Saturday, David said with a grin. "Oh, my God that's blasphemy. Who goes to school on a Saturday," Eliza said grinning. I started laughing. "Yeah, I know I need a beer," said David.

 Once we arrived at the party all I could see was a bunch of drunken teens and young adults in front of the house. "Your ready for this Kate, "asked Eliza. "Yeah, we deserve this," I said. "Damn right, Eliza said. "Ok ladies don't do anything I would do," said David. "Noted, I said. "Copy said, Eliza. I got out of the car and all the eyes were on me and Eliza. Eliza was wearing a skimpy tank top and a short skirt and boots. The crisp autumn air chilled my skin. I felt a prick in my stomach and I felt a little uneasy. We got closer to the porch and all I saw was a bunch of frat guys just eying me like I was prey I got close to Eliza and we followed David inside the door. The odor of alcohol, ganja, and body odor attacked my nostrils. I hated the smell of ganja and I wanted to gag. The music was blaring and there were some people dancing at the center of the living room. It was crowded and I tried to navigate my way through the house. We went to the kitchen where there were red cups all over the counter. 

On the kitchen table, the cups were in a triangle, and saw a couple of guys throwing a white ball. Beer pong I guess. "Hey wassup, a tall male said to David. "Hey, Ethan. "I see you brought your little cheerleader, he said looking at Eliza. Eliza was hugged up to David smiling. " Here grab a drink," he said handing David and Eliza a drink. Eliza grabbed the cup and took a small sip. I never knew Eliza drank before. "Oh, Ethan this is Eliza's friend from school Kate," he said pointing at me.'Hi, I said nervously. "Here ya go, said Ethan handing me a cup. "Oh, well ok, I said. I took the cup and drank the substance. It was bitter and bubbly and I did not like it at all. This was not my first time drinking alcohol. My mom on some occasions let me take a sip of alcohol when I was a kid a few times. It was always wine coolers never beer. I like wine but not beer. I pretended to be casual but I was very uncomfortable. The loud music the loud testosterone-filled frat boys playing beer pong made me feel uneasy. "Are yall legal enough to drink,' said Ethan arching his eyebrow. "No are you," said Eliza laughing. I will be in another six months, said Ethan. "Are you even legal at all asked Ethan. "I will be in another six months, "said Eliza laughing maniacally. David grinned drinking more of his beer. As the night progressed David and Eliza started to play beer pong and Eliza was practically a pro. I was very shocked to see Eliza drinking. I felt like a total prude. Eliza lived life on the edge while I just read a demon book. 

I got bored looking at the game and decided to explore the party. There was dancing, drinking, and people making out. I had got a terrible cramp and I felt like I was going to throw up. The house had stairs and walked up the stairs to find a bathroom. The hallways filled with people smoking ganja and it made my cramps worse. I saw the bathroom at the end of the hall and I walked past a bedroom. The door was slightly open and I recognized some voices. It was Aiden's voice. My heart started to beat really fast. Who invited him to this party? Does he know someone who goes to David's college? I looked inside the room to see Hunter on top of a topless unconscious girl. He got up and turned over to Jason"your turn man' he said. I could not believe my eyes. Jason did not hesitate and crawled over her body. Aiden just looked on as he watched his friends violate a girl. I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to leave and leave now. I felt like calling the police but I would be accused of being a liar and snitch for ruining a party.

 I ran downstairs trying to find Eliza. The party began to get more intense. I heard someone scream. It was Eliza. I began running pushing people out of my way to the kitchen. Eliza had blood flowing down her arm. "ELIZA," I said running towards her. "What happened, "I said. " I cut myself with a bottle,' she said holding a dishtowel on her hand. "You got to take her to the hospital the bleeding is not stopping she needs a tetanus shot," said Ethan. "I'm not sober enough to drive man," said David. "Look ill drive come one said, a mutual friend. "It's not a big deal it just a cut," said Eliza. "No it's a puncture wound and you may get tetanus," said Ethan shoving Eliza out of the kitchen. "Wait, wait, "I said trying to get close to Eliza. Once I exited off the kitchen Eliza was gone. There I was alone in a stranger's house. I was so scared since my friend was gone and I did not know a soul in that party and the people I did know were my enemies who were predators. I just grabbed a beer cup and just chugged down the beer. I needed some courage juice to get a hold of my senses. 

A few minutes later I felt dizzy and tried to walk. I felt for my phone trying to call Eliza. I did not get an answer. I just crouched down on the floor and I wanted to cry. "Hey beautiful what's your name," said a tall muscular male wearing a college jersey. "Hi, I'm Kate, "I said innocently. He grinned and bent over and grabbed my arm lifting me off the floor. He threw me over his shoulder. My heart started to beat fast. "Why don't we go upstairs. I gathered my senses and realize what was going on. I began shouting and punching his back."Put me down you fucking asshole," I said. He threw me down. "What the fuck is your problem you stupid bitch," he yelled. "I don't want to go upstairs. I said shoving him. "Hey, what's your problem another male came over. I don't want to sleep with your sleazy friend," I said. "Who are you? Who invited you," he said. "Does it even matter I said bravely? "Alright get out. GET OUT! He shouted at me. Everyone just stared at me with disgusts. "Gladly," I said storming out of the house. I could barely walk and I just stumbled walking out of the house.