Chapter 17

Disclaimer: you know the drill, don't own Harry Potter

AN: Alright people, year 2 begins. Prepare for some hilarity, some reveals and getting their own back on a certain defence and potions professor. So without further ado, let's get this party started. Also, there is a special surprise in the only flashback from second year in this chapter.

Chapter 17

Hogwarts Express, September 1st, 2012

1 hour away from Hogwarts

Harry was in a compartment with his friends, mostly just chatting about random stuff to pass the time. Topics such as what they did with their summer, their expectations for the new year, etc. Everyone laughed at Harry's expense when he told them how he was basically grounded for two weeks when he got home. They also tried to pry info on his adventures out of him, but he still wouldn't budge on that yet. The most they got out of him was that he 'was there' when the 'Veela's Bane' and most of the Goyles were wiped out. Eventually, their conversation reached the point of 'who would be the worst teacher this year'.

"I honestly think it'll be Snape, that guy is a major pain in the ass. Always favoring the Slytherin's, I wonder how many of them have blown it at jobs requiring potions because they got praised for being sub-par by Snape." said Neville.

"Nah, it'll be flophart. That guy doesn't even look like he could find his way out of a round room with a single door if it was wide open." said Susan.

"You're both right, between Snape's favoritism and flophart's 'pretty boy' ways, we may have to do independent studies just to pass the end of year exams." said Harry.

"How do people like flophart get passed screening to be teachers anyway?" asked Hermione.

"I think it was Dumbledore. From what my parents told me, he didn't even run his choice past them or the other professor's." said Emily.

"He's planning something. I don't know what, but those traps last year seemed tailor made for first years to get through." said Hannah.

"Don't worry guys, if anything happens this year I'm sure Harry has a plan, right Harry?" asked Neville. Harry adopted a thinking pose, which made the group roll their eyes.

"Hmm, not sure, considering many of my plans never work 100%, I might just wing it." said Harry. This brought laughter from the group, before Harry looked at the watch that Steve got him for his birthday.

"Uh, Harry, what are you doing?" asked Hermione.

"Just checking the time. The blond ferret should be making his appearance in exactly, 3....2....1." said Harry. As soon as he hit one, said blond ferret yanked open the compartment door, his two bookends behind him, looking at the group with pure hatred.

"Well well, if it isn't the reject squad. A squib, two blood-traitors, two half-bloods, and one disgusting mudblood." smirked Malfoy. Four pairs of eyes glared at Malfoy with pure hatred, while Hermione was fighting back tears at the insult. Hermione had done more reading into the wizarding world and stumbled across the meaning of that insult.

The room suddenly went ice cold as Harry slowly stood from his seat. This drew all eyes to him, and slightly freaked out the others, while Malfoy and the two flunkies suddenly had the urge to try and run for their lives. They never got the chance however, as Harry reached the three and grabbed Malfoy by the front of his uniform. The five others in the compartment may not have seen what caused Malfoy's new 'oh fuck I'm screwed' look at that moment, but Malfoy was staring into the eyes of a Wampus. While Wampus' were known wizard killers, they were a very useful creature to have around if you wanted a threat to be effective, but get out of trouble at the same time.