Chapter 7

Disclaimer: See previous chapters

Chapter 7

Last Time

Harry followed a Ravenclaw prefect named Penelope Clearwater, to Ravenclaw Tower with the other first years. Once they arrived, the Penelope turned to the group. "Okay, this is the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room, to enter, you will have to answer a riddle." said Penelope, knocking on the eagle shaped door knocker. The eagle's eyes opened and it spoke. "A baker had a brother, who lived in spain.... Yet the brother had no brother, so now think hard, explain." said the eagle. "Ok, would anyone care to try and answer?" asked Penelope.

When none of the other first year Raven's answered, Harry stepped forward. "I'll try, the answer is...." said Harry.

Present Time

"... The baker was a woman." said Harry. "Correct, you have a truly sharp mind young one." said the eagle. A door soon opened and Penelope led the first years inside. Once inside the common room, Penelope had all the first years gather in the center of the room. "Now, the rules are simple, always stay on top of your school work, if you have any problems, see one of the Ravenclaw prefects, or Professor Flitwick, our charms professor and head of house. And above all, should any Slytherin's bother you, DON'T go to professor Snape, he's biased, and if I'm honest, he's a bit of a dick." said Penelope.

"While I don't appreciate the language, Ms. Clearwater, I must agree with you about Snape, so, if any of you lose any house points to Snape, come to me and I'll review them, and refund them if necessary." said Flitwick. "Now I expect you to uphold the honor of this house, and think before you act, I know for you first years it will be difficult, as you are young and impulsive, but with patience, I'm sure you will prevail, now it's getting late, off to bed now." said Flitwick as he walked out of the room.

"Okay, girls dorms are upstairs to the right, boys on the left, do not try and enter the dorms of the opposite gender, there are charms to prevent that, now, off ya go." said Penelope. The first years went to their dorms and started unpacking. Harry ended up sharing a room with a boy named Terry Boot. "So, you're the Potter that the ministry has been searching for, Dumbledore made mention that you ran away from your loving relatives, I don't believe that bull, you wouldn't have run away if they were 'loving', but, I'm as curious as anyone, where have ya been, they searched all over britain for you." said Terry.

"That's the problem with your british ministry, they think the world revolves around them, I wasn't in britain for the five years they were looking for me, and that's all I'm saying about it." said Harry as he went to bed. Terry, seeing that Harry didn't feel like talking about where he was, went to bed as well, even though his Ravenclaw side wanted all the answers. Morning soon came and as the students were waking up, the professors were gathering up the class schedules to hand out during breakfast. Dumbledore however, was in a conundrum, Harry Potter was sorted into Ravenclaw. Dumbledore thought that since Harry was at Hogwarts, he'd be sorted into Gryffindor, and Dumbledore could encourage (manipulate) him into sacrificing his life so his sister could defeat Voldemort when he returns. Dumbledore didn't realize however, that the soul piece inside Harry's scar was destroyed years ago due to the strange abilities plus Harry's magic.

As the Hogwarts students entered the great hall, Harry saw one particular student at the Gryffindor table looking longingly at him. 'Huh, wonder what her problem is.... Wait, red hair, brown eyes, striking resemblance to how I remember Lily, that must be Emily, (sigh) I guess I'll see about giving her a chance.... Maybe.' thought Harry as he sat at the Ravenclaw table.

As breakfast got underway, the heads of the four houses started handing out the class schedules. As Flitwick handed Harry his schedule, he paused. "The headmaster wishes to see you after classes today Mr. Potter, as your head of house, I shall accompany you to all meetings with the headmaster." said Flitwick. Harry nodded, knowing this would happen at some point.