Chapter 23

Disclaimer: Honestly, is there a point to this part anymore? Don't own Harry Potter

AN: Not much to say other than enjoy the chapter. Oh, there will be mature moments in this chapter, but as stated before, lemon's are for 4th year and up.

Chapter 23

Hogwarts Great Hall

Dinner

Harry and his friends, which now included the newly inducted Daphne and Tracey, were sitting at the Gryffindor table this time. This once again shocked the entire school as the Gryffindor's were notorious for their hatred of all things Slytherin. What shocked them more was that Emily Potter, the supposed 'symbol of light', was hanging around two Slytherin girls. Though a few other Slytherin's who witnessed the interaction of students from each of the four houses got them thinking. Even the ones from the purely dark families, who were taught that those who weren't 'pure-blood' were beneath them, began to have seeds of doubt planted within their minds.

Most of the professor's who witnessed the interaction between Harry and his friends were smiling. This was due to the fact that these students proved that the four houses could interact peacefully, regardless of the stigma and stereotypes of each house. The only professor's who weren't thrilled with the friendship were Dumbledore and Snape. Snape hated all things that weren't Slytherin, so no surprise there. Dumbledore, however, hated the friendship for a whole different reason.

Dumbledore had spent a long, LONG time keeping the wizarding world the way it was. He knew from the start that a spell like the one Voldemort used to create the dark mark, required the subject to be fully coherent and willing to get the dark mark. Dumbledore felt that to keep the 'true wizards' in power, the Death Eaters needed to be acquitted. The only regret Dumbledore had was the Lestrange's. This wasn't because he felt sorry for the victims, as Dumbledore saw them as a necessary loss, but because Rudolphus, Rabastion and Bellatrix were 'needlessly' rotting in Azkaban. What was worse, in Dumbledore's opinion, was that Frank and Alice survived their encounter with the Lestrange's. It would make it impossible if Dumbledore needed to move to Neville as a backup for his plans. It would take an extreme kick in the ass for this guy to begin falling off his pedestal.

The group at the Gryffindor table were currently laughing at some of the stories that Harry was telling, though some of the laughter was to his great embarrassment. Especially when the rest of the group filled in the bits that Harry somehow 'missed', but you can't really blame him. Harry wanted to keep at least a small portion of his dignity, however little he had in certain instances.

"Wait, let me see if I got this right. The 'resident trouble magnet' as you call him, really did take down a troll in first year?" asked Tracy, trying to hold in her laughter.

"Does NOBODY care that taking that club to the back hurt like a bitch? It doesn't help me that it was the same asshole that I blunt force castrated earlier that year. Sheesh, that damn Hydra in Greece held less of a grudge than that guy." asked Harry sarcastically while mumbling the last part.

"Hey, nobody asked you to rush in and save us. I'm glad you did though." said Hermione as she kissed Harry's cheek before laying her head on his shoulder.

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm surprised that you're so comfortable without that glamor hiding your true self, Hermione." said Daphne.

"Well, it's all thanks to this one here. Between him knowing about the I.C.W. law regarding creatures like me and Veela, plus him finding me attractive, it's made me more comfortable with who I am, even among the pureblood bigots of Britain. Present company excluded, of course." said Hermione.

"No offence taken. My family only really became part of the 'Grey' faction after my grandfather died. Bigoted bastard wanted all daughters of my generation to be sold off to some of his 'imperioused' buddies' families. I was about to be sold off to MALFOY of all people before my grandfather met an 'unfortunate end'. Luckily our ancestry links us to the Black family, it makes such....misfortune impossible to link to us." smirked Daphne.