Prologue

AN: This is an AU story, so the timeline and some events have been altered, don't like, don't read, please no flames, constructive criticism welcomed.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter or any connecting stories, all rights and characters, bar any of my own OC's, belong to J.K. Rowling.

Prologue

October 31st 2001

Lily and James Potter were sitting calmly in their living room at Godric's Hollow. At least, they appeared to be sitting calmly. The reason for the faux appearance of calmness was due to one cruel truth, a prophecy that stated one of their two children, twins Harry and Emily Potter, would be the downfall of the worst Dark Lord that the wizarding world had ever seen, Lord Voldemort.

Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, had suggested that the Potter's go into hiding to protect the children. The Longbottom's, Frank and Alice, had been attack not long ago by Death Eaters, Voldemort's army of pureblood supremacists. Fortunately, the Longbottom's and their young son, Neville, escaped unharmed to Longbottom Manor before the Death Eaters could reach them.

"James, are you sure it was a good idea to hide in Godric's Hollow, I know we are under the Fidelius Charm, but..." inquired Lily.

"You're worried about Emily and Harry, I know, I am too, but you and I both know the Dark Wanker won't stop until he gets what he wants, and that's our kids, I just hope Flitwick's extra wards work and trick Moldyshorts like they're supposed to." said James, remembering how hard it was to get both Dumbledore and Flitwick to agree to the extra wards to call in Auror's if the Fidelius failed.

Lily also remembered how hard it was to get the extra wards in place. But in her mind, the worst memory, was when Dumbledore told them the prophecy, a prophecy that, unknown to them, would change the lives of both Harry and Emily, forever.

'The One With The Power To Vanquish The Dark Lord Approaches.... Born To Those Who Have Thrice Defied Him.... Born As The Seventh Month Dies.... But They Will Have Power That The Dark Lord Knows Not.... And Either Must Die At The Hands Of The Other For Neither Can Live While The Other Survives.... The One With The Power To Vanquish The Dark Lord Will Be Born As The Seventh Month Dies.'

Those words rang in the ears of both James and Lily, bringing fear and dread to their hearts. Suddenly, the house shook with such force, that it knocked James and Lily to the floor with its power. "Pettigrew, that FUCKING TRAITOR... Lily, it's him, run, protect the kids, I'll hold them off." Said James, standing defiantly. James knew he wouldn't have time to get his wand from the kitchen, but he would fight like a muggle if it meant keeping his family safe.

"James, please, you don't have to do this alone, I have my wand, I can do more good here than you right now." said Lily as the house shook again, one more hit like that, and they knew the wards were history.

"No Lily, go protect the kids, I'll be fine." said James. The house suddenly shook again, and James felt the wards fell. "GO NOW!" exclaimed James. Lily, knowing there was no longer time to argue, ran upstairs to the twins room, barricading the door behind her.

The front door to the house was suddenly blown off its hinges and when the smoke cleared, it revealed Voldemort, standing in the doorway with his red eyes focused on James, his black robe flowing in the October breeze. "James Potter, you have been a thorn in my side for too long, now stand aside, I will not be kept from my goal." said Voldemort. Voldemort's voice was slightly hissed, like the snake his noseless face began to resemble.

James however, remained where he was, his eyes filled with a fire that sent Death Eaters running. Voldemort however, remained unfazed. "You have spirit, Potter, not many of my enemies can say that they've earned my respect... However...." stated Voldemort as he raised his wand at James. "STUPEFY!" shouted Voldemort, sending James to the ground, unconscious. Voldemort continued towards the stairs, going up once he reached them. 'It would've been a shame to spill the blood of such a powerful pureblood family, when he could be useful after my final victory.' thought Voldemort as he reached the twins door.