Chapter 4

Disclaimer: Once again, I do not own Harry Potter

Chapter 4

"Different Language"

'Thoughts'

Platform 9 ¾, September 1st

Harry and Charlie arrived at the platform via floo through the Leaky Cauldron. Harry looked towards the bright red steam engine that would take him to Hogwarts, and if he was honest, he was slightly nervous. This was due to the fact that he had never interacted with anyone his own age, that was human anyway, and despite the crazy shit he had done with Steve, Harry was still human. Harry thought back to the last time he was this nervous, and that thought made him laugh, because it was also the day he did what many thought impossible, scaring the hell out of a Dementor.

Flashback

August 1st, 2008

Harry and Steve had arrived at one of the worst places you could ever end up, an island prison that was always surrounded by storms. This island prison, was Azkaban prison. Steve always hated coming here, but he had to keep a record of how many Dementors were patrolling the prison. He had, rather hesitantly, let Harry come along, even though he was worried about the effect the Dementor's would have on Harry.

"Alright Harry, we're going to head for the cave were the Dementor's who aren't at the prison, reside, these are the most foul creatures you will ever encounter, so if you feel that you need to go back to the boat, you can." said Steve. Harry looked toward Steve and nodded. "I will, Steve." said Harry. Steve and Harry started making their way to a large cave at the base of Azkaban.

After casting a wide area lighting charm, Steve and Harry entered the cave. Almost immediately, a cold chill filled the air, along with a feeling of hopelessness. Steve quickly cast a small patronus, which took the form of a loon. While the patronus was working for Steve, it was a different story for Harry. Harry started reliving all the abuse at the hands of the Dursley's, and it was torturing him mentally.

Suddenly, a Dementor came into view, and a horrible screeching sound came from it, at least, it sounded like a screech to Steve. "Well, today just got better, young souls are always the most savory." screeched the Dementor as it drew closer to Harry. "Stay away from him!" called Steve. The Dementor, however, continued towards Harry, who, at this point, was shivering in fear.

As the Dementor reached for Harry, his eyes snapped open, revealing the to be pure black. When the Dementor grabbed Harry's shoulder, Harry's right arm shot forward, grabbing the Dementor by the throat. "You listen here you foul son of a bitch, you will tell me how many Dementor's are here in total, or I will make sure that there is one less." said Harry, tightening his grip. The Dementor nodded and told Harry. Harry turned to Steve. "He said that there is no more than 400." said Harry. Steve wrote the number of Dementor's down on a notepad he brought, while trying to comprehend the fact that a Dementor appeared afraid of Harry.

Harry looked back to the Dementor and stared into its eyes, or at least, he thought he was. 'Why can't we ever tell if these things have eyes?' Harry thought to himself. "Now listen up, because I'm not going to repeat myself, if you, or any other Dementor EVER messes with me again, I'll see just how unkillable you guys really are, GOT THAT!?" shouted Harry. While you couldn't tell by looking at the Dementor, Harry could hear the fear in its voice. "Y-yeah, I understand, crystal clear, j-just don't kill me." said the Dementor. Harry nodded, releasing the Dementor, who promptly fled back into the shadows. Harry's shoulders started shaking, and Steve was worried that the poor boy was traumatized, until he heard the small chuckles from Harry, that soon turned into full blown laughter.