Chapter 12

Disclaimer: Once again, don't own Harry Potter

AN: Also, if anyone has any ideas for names of each individual creature language beside mermish, dracospeach and goblin, PM me with your ideas, and if your idea is chosen for a language, you will get a shout out in the closing footnote of the chapter the name is used in. Also, there is a lengthy flashback in this chapter, but will also involve Emily's quidditch game, which is why this took so long, this will be the first chapter of this length, but probably not the last.

Chapter 12

It was three days later when Harry finally regained consciousness, waking up in the Hogwarts hospital wing. 'Damn, that troll club hurt, at least when I faced other rouge creatures they tried to kill me quickly, but that troll seemed to really hate me, wonder why?.' thought Harry as he slowly sat up. Harry looked to his right and saw the professor's, Emily, Hermione, James and Lily standing there talking. Harry decided to stay quiet to hear what was said.

"HOW DID A TROLL GET IN ALBUS, THE WARDS WERE SUPPOSED TO PREVENT SUCH A THING!" shouted Lily.

"I honestly don't know, Lily, I will have to look into it." said Dumbledore. In truth, Dumbledore knew that Quirrell let the troll in and wanted to use it as a test for Emily, but of course, Harry had to get in the way. Dumbledore was really starting to hate that boy.

"Do you really think we trust your word at this point, we lost Harry once and we damned near lost him again.... Speaking of which, Poppy, do you know how he survived getting hit by the troll club, he shouldn't have been alive, let alone able to walk?" asked James, while they may only be on civil terms with Harry at present, the Potter's still didn't want to lose him so soon after finding him again.

"I can honestly say I have no idea, my best guess is a strong case of accidental magic created a defensive shield around him that absorbed most of the impact." said Poppy. Poppy Pomfrey was the school mediwitch. She may be kind hearted, but if you asked anyone who knew her, she could be a real hardass when it came to the students health.

Harry smirked at hearing this. 'Well, looks like my idea of withholding most of my abilities till at least next year is still in play.' thought Harry. Harry could see that Dumbledore was trying to weasel his way out of explaining the details of how he would investigate the troll incident, but Harry didn't really care about that, what he was worried about was if he'd still be able to play quidditch later that weekend, Ravenclaws were scheduled to play Hufflepuff the day after the Gryffindor/Slytherin match.

"Hey, could I get a drink and something to eat, I'm starving." said Harry, revealing he was in fact awake. It wasn't a lie either, he was absolutely famished, taking down a rogue mountain troll is never easy, even if it was a simple blasting hex over the edge.

"Mr. Potter, you're awake already? Wow, we didn't think you would recover that fast." said Poppy as she summoned a house elf to get Harry something to eat.

"I heal fast, but please tell me that I'm not gonna miss quidditch this weekend, I don't want to let the team down." said Harry with a bit of smart-assery, though he was serious about not wanting to miss quidditch. A tray of food appeared on the table next to Harry and he started to eagerly devour it's contents.

"Fortunately, Mr. Potter, you will be able to leave tonight and will not miss the quidditch match, I'll never understand how the Potter's can end up in the hospital wing with injuries like yours, and still only care about missing a quidditch game." said Pomfrey. About 30 seconds later, a house elf popped into the room next to Flitwick.

"Professor, Mr. Feros is here as requested, shall I bring him up?" asked the elf.

"Yes, please bring him here, I'm sure he is worried about Mr. Potter's well being, the letter I sent might have made his injuries sound more severe than they were." said Filius. Dumbledore had tried to persuade (overrule) Flitwick before he wrote the letter, he didn't want Harry's injuries to be well known outside of the school, if they did, people might soon ask questions about his competency, it didn't help that Dumbledore had got rid of certain courses that would make students more self-reliant and worship him less over his tenure as headmaster. The elf popped away to bring Steve up, but Harry had a look that said this was going to be a long day.