Chapter 3

Disclaimer: As always, I don't own Harry Potter

"Other Language"

Chapter 3

Leaky Cauldron, August 20th 2011

Harry and Charlie arrived at the Leaky Cauldron through the floo network. Charlie stepped out fine, but Harry ended up shot out like a bullet, landing on his back next to Charlie, to the amusement of the current patrons. "Charlie, when I get back from Hogwarts this summer, remind me to kill Steve, that's the last time I believe him about the 'ease' of wizard travel." said Harry as he got up and dusted off the new dragon scale jacket he got for his birthday. Dathin, Fredha, Airlentor and Sissilth used their shed scales and had Steve hand make the jacket for him.

Charlie chuckled at Harry. "Will do, so, ya ready to get your supplies for school?" asked Charlie. "Yeah, and before you mention wands, I will say I don't care what the wandmaker says, I'm using the stuff I brought with me for my wand core." said Harry. Charlie didn't blame Harry for bringing his own possible wand core or cores, Steve told him of some of the trips Harry went on with him around the world during summer. Harry pulled a long silver hair from his pocket, one of the choices for his core, and remembered how he got it, as it was also the day he discovered another one of many abilities that connected him to the majestic creatures of the wizarding world.

Flashback

June 21st, 2007

Steve and Harry had just arrived at Manchester airport, when asked why they took a muggle (which, like America, called muggles, no-maj) transport by Harry, who finally decided to ask after all the years with Steve, Steve replied that it was less suspicious because Steve had a second job of recording the number of magical creatures in famous areas of other countries. "But, shouldn't magical travel show that you're supposed to be there?" whispered Harry as he and Steve got in a cab. "It used to be like that, before poachers started using that method, now it's highly regulated by the I.C.W., you have to use no-maj transport to get there." said Steve after discretely casting a muffling charm. Steve then leaned down to Harry and whispered. "It also makes looking like a no-maj tourist much easier." whispered Steve. Steve the discretely removing the muffling charm and turned to the driver. "To Sherwood Forest, Please." said Steve.

1 hour and 37 minutes later, they arrived at Sherwood Forest. Steve led Harry towards the entrance, but instead of going to the obvious entrance, Steve led Harry to a magical entrance, hidden by the illusion of a British oak and warded with No-maj repelling charms. Once through, Steve showed the guard hisd badge, which had the inscription of a sword on it with the latin word for guardian on it, showing it to be legit, and was allowed through with Harry. "Be careful in there with the kid, the Unicorns have been a little rowdy." said the guard.

Steve was a little confused as to why the guard said that and looked towards him. "You're new here, aren't ya?" asked Steve. "Yeah, how can you tell?" asked the guard. "Because you don't know that magical Sherwood's 'Night of the Aurora' just passed, the Unicorn's mating season, the rowdy behaviour is just the males protecting their mates and unborn young." said Steve as he walked away, leaving a sheepish guard behind. "How do you know that, Steve?" asked Harry. "Because it was taught to me so I could get this second job, I may work at the dragon reserve throughout the year, but this job is where all the fun is, I had to learn about all the creatures and their habits and behavior to get this job." said Steve.

After about 10 more minutes of walking, Harry and Steve arrived at the main area where the unicorn's stayed after the 'Night of the Aurora', but Steve could immediately tell something was wrong, as there were guards everywhere and trackers waving their wands frantically. "Hey, what's going on?" called Steve. One of the guards, who recognized Steve, sighed in relief at seeing him. "Steve, thank Merlin you're here.... Poachers snuck in last night and took one of the pregnant mares, we've been trying to track where they've gone." said the guard. "How could that happen, Alex, I thought the wards around the area were supposed to help." said Steve. Unknown to anyone, Harry got a strange feeling and started walking to a nearby clearing.