Chapter 20

The days turned to weeks and Hannah had slowly begun to let that night pass from her memory. Days passed in a blur or work and sleep with the occasional movie night with her brother and at times the quite man who had begun to become a welcome part of her world. His small smiles when he thought no one was watching and the quite kindness he showed with simple things such as making her tea when he knew she was running late or staying up to make sure she got home safe. Hannah had begun to look forward to the nights they'd watch movies together. And as each day bright her further from the darkness that had been clouding her mind some other feeling had begun to replace it, but that feeling scared her more then the familiarity of the sadness that had so long been a part of her. Stealing a look at the people sharing the table with her on a rare day she got off from work Hannah smiled at her small family and playfully glared as she caught Cj sneaking a piece of bacon to the dog.

"You know that only makes him beg more right?"

"So what he's cute and hungry"

Rolling her eyes Hannah brought a piece of bacon to her mouth ready to taste the salty taste she loved so much, but as the food got closer the smell got stronger and her stomach turned at the idea. Frowning at the sick feeling she shrugged and took a bite anyway. The moment the food touched her tongue her empty stomach rebelled and acid rose up her throat. Grabbing her stomach Hannah raced to the trash and promptly emptied what little she had in her stomach to begin with.

"Hannah! What's wrong are you okay!" Cj looking green at the thought of what just happened jumped up but quickly ran out of the room before he joined her in loosing his breakfast.

Hannah held up a hand signaling she was okay but remained with her face in the trash can not trusting herself to be done yet. As another wave of nausea hit she felt someone's hands softly pull her hair back and begin rubbing her back.

After about twenty minutes of agony Hannah sank to the floor. Turning to Okame she was shocked to see the concern that hid in his eyes.

"Thanks for holding my hair back" blushing and embarrassed Hannah hid her face in her and me while trying to catch her breath. "I don't know what happened; I was perfectly fine a minute before."

Shrugging his shoulders Okame just stared and sat down beside her. Leaning up against the counter the two sat in silence until Hannah's phone rang loudly. Jumping from the sound Hannah quickly reached for the phone from its place in her back pocket

"Hey what's up"

"Are we still meeting at the mall today?"

Slapping her forehead Hannah groaned "oh my gosh I forgot so sorry! I'll be there in about half an hour"

"Okay no problem! See you soon"

Hanging up Hannah slowly stood up. "I got to go I'm supposed to be meeting my friend Lizzy at the mall."

Nodding his head Okame looked up from his place on the floor "be safe" mumbled under his breath his words were missed as Hannah scurried out of the kitchen and to her bathroom to get ready for the day and hopefully get the taste of vomit out of her mouth.

Taking his own phone out Okame sent out a message

"She's going to the mall in town, follow and make sure she okay"

Hitting send he put the phone away not bothering about a reply he sat lost in thought.

"Girl!! Where were you!!" Lizzy ran up and tackled Hannah with a hug. "I've missed you!"

"We saw each other yesterday at work" laughing at her over dramatic friend "what do you want to do today?"

"Shop duh" grinning wide Lizzy pulled her friend from store to store for the next two hours

"I've never tried on so many different outfits in such a short time"

"That's because you don't shop enough, now try this one" Lizzy held out another outfit for Hannah to model for her

Rolling her eyes Hannah took the pale blue shorts and a matching white crop top with tiny yellow flowers scattered all over it.

"Oh my gosh you have to buy that!" Twirling in the outfit Hannah had to agree she actually did feel cute in it.

"In fact don't even change out of it! I'm going to go pay for it and then we're going to get food okay!"

Rolling her friend out of the store thirty minutes later both with bags of clothes the two finally made their way to the food court.

"What's wrong you seem nervous all of a sudden"

"Oh sorry, for some reason I couldn't keep breakfast down this morning. I was worried the smell of the food court would make me nauseated again but I seem fine. It's weird" laughing Hannah walked ahead finding food that looked good she stepped into line while Lizzy followed with a frown.

"You okay? Are you sick?" She raised her hand up to check for a fever.

"No haha I'm fine I must have eaten something bad or something like that because I'm perfectly fine now."

"Hmm okay, if you say so"

Finally at the counter the two ordered their food and after much searching found an empty table.

"Ughh I hate my life" leaning over Lizzy laid her head on the table

"What happened?"

"Cramps" the single word sent a spike down Hannah's mind

"Oh crap"

"What? Did you just start or something?" Looking up Lizzy laughed. "You must have your white"

"I have to go buy a tampon be right back" Hannah jumped up and raced off before Lizzy had a chance to offer her one.

Finding a small convenience store in the back of the mall Hannah slowly walked around before finding what she was looking for. Walking up to the counter Hannah looked round making sure no one she knew was around before placing the single object on the counter.

"That'll be ten fifty mam" Hannah handed the lady her card "would you like a bag?"

"No thanks" taking the pregnancy test Hannah stuffed it in her purse and walked out hoping she was wrong