chapter 7

"Hey Amorcita!" Hannah walked into work and rolled her eyes at her friend

"Jacob I told you to stop calling me that!"

"Why it matches you! Plus it's funny seeing you get flustered and pissed at me" Jacob laughed and turned back to the coffee he was making.

"I will kill you"

"No you won't you love me to much"

Hannah tried to hide her smile and grumbled all the way to the back to find her apron.

"You to act like an old married couple" Lizzy laughed at her friend before heading out to front counter to ring up some customers that has just walked in.

"Well that'll never happen" Hannah laughed to herself and after tying her apron went out to help her co-workers.

Usually Hannah was very cheerful. Her laugh could infect others and soon the entire store would be laughing or at least smiling. But there were times when how she really felt would show through.

Times like now when a loving family will come in all full of smiles and laughter. The children grinning and hanging on their parents. The parents looking lovingly at each other and their kids would cause a pang in her heart and her eyes would to tear up or a frown would appear. She'd shake it off quickly though refusing to show how hurt she really was.

First she lost them then she found out they were never really hers to begin with! A tear slid down before she angerely swiped it away.

"No tears Hannah just smile through the pain"

She forced a smile on her face and walked up to the counter to take the families order.

"Hi what can I get y'all today?" With a fake smile and forced conversation Hannah finished their order and left it to Jacob and Lizzy to make the drinks and serve them.

Hannah leaned against the counter and sighed.

"You okay babe?" Lizzy had just gotten back from delivering the families order to there table when she hear Hannah's sigh.

"Yep I'm great!"

"Sureee... You know you can talk to me right?" Lizzy frowned with worry.

"I know, I'm fine really" Hannah hugged her friend then went to find something to clean.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

CJ jumped up from his position on the floor and tossed the paper into the trash.

"I didn't read anything I know nothing. Hannah is my sister and nothing will change that." CJ wiped a tear and looked to Apollo

"Right? She won't feel different about me right? I can't loose her too" he hugged his dog and tried to be strong for as long as possible before he fell to his knees and cried into Zeus's fur.

The dog whined and tried to lick his owners face.

"Stop no boy stop it I'm fine" CJ laughed a little and wiped his eyes.

"Thanks boy I feel better. I'm sure she'll try to ignor it just like me" he grinned and turned to the fridge.

"Food! Food fixes everything!" He rummaged around before settling in an older dish of pizza.

"Is this even good anymore?" He tilted his head as he opened the lid and sniffed it.

"Seems okay!" With a grin he entered the living room and threw himself onto the couch.

30 minutes later

"Ughhh! 190 channels and nothing is on!" He threw his head back in frustration and picked up his phone.

"Yo your sister has Netflix right?..
Great! I'll give you Hannah's Snapchat if you lend me the username and password!"

"Don't look at me like that Apollo desperate times call for desperate measures!" Typing in the information he just received he laughed in victory when it accepted the newly bought secrets.

"Man I've been dying to watch this show!" Turning on the show everyone had been raving about the past weeks he settled into the couch with the questionably safe pizza and suborned Netflix account.

🍕🍕🍕🍕

"Did you eat that left over pizza?!?!" CJ was jolted awake to his sister's shout

"Uh yeah sorry did you want it?"

"Want it? Dude that pizza has been in there for like two weeks! It can't be safe!"

"Really?" CJ shrugged

"I feel fine plus it didn't taste weird."

"Did you eat the entire thing?"

"Yup in like five minutes"

Hannah slapped her forehead "you need major help" she left the living room mumbling about crazy boys and annoying coworkers.

"Can't any of the people I know be normal?!" Hannah sighed as she got into the shower

"I swear not a one of them is sane!" In her frustration with life she grabbed the wrong thing before realizing it she had worked Nair into the ends of her hair.

"Oh my gosh!" Catching herself before she took it to high she nearly sobbed with everything that had happened.

"**** Life! To hell with everything!"

"Hannah you okay?" CJ shouted through the door.

"I'm fine!"

"Okay but you don't usually f bomb you sure everything is fine?"

"Yep sorry bout that it's all good" she forced a smile refusing to let her little brother know just how wrecked she had become.

"I needed a hair cut anyway. I'll look cute with a pixie right?.... Great now I'm talking to myself I guess I've lost it too." She let tears fall as she finished her shower and forced a smile before leaving to the kitchen to find some scissors.

"Hey do you smell anything funny?" CJ looked up as she walked through the living room.

"Nope must be your imagination. Night see you tomorrow" she waved him off and after finding her weapon of choice entered her room and cut off the hair her parents had loved so much. They had been so proud of how long and healthy it had been. As the hair fell to the floor so did pieces of her heart.

"I'll start again tomorrow" she laid her now short haired head on her pillow and begged God that tomorrow would be better.

Sorry it took so long to update school started and I work every night now. Also sorry if there are spelling and or grammar mistakes I'm writing this dead tired and ready for sleep lol. Love you all! Thanks to everyone who is reading and voting! Also I love reading your comments! Let me know what y'all think or want to happen. I have an idea of where this story is going but I'm also winging it so if you want to read about something happening let me know I might put it in. 😊💜💜