Chapter 29

First I want to apologize for not updating sooner! Life been crazy lately. Just moved out and trying to figure out life 😅 I also want to thank everyone who's reading story! I love you all so much!! I hope your enjoying Her Guardian!!
💜💜💜💜💜

"What are you doing! We've been looking for hours and your just here cuddling together?" Okame looked ready to murder when he saw them sleeping next to the creek

Koa jerked up but found his arm and legs were pinned down. Turning he say Hannah was half on top of him sleeping soundly.

"Okame I swear it's not what you think"

"I think we were searching and you decided to take the opportunity to get closer to her" his ears which were still on display pinned to his head and a soft growl sounded from his throat. "Get off her now"

"You might be blind or something but you see she's on top of me. I'm not on her" Koa knew he was only making him madder but he couldn't stop.

Okame looked down at her and his eyes turned sad. His ears fell further and he turned away "just keep her safe and get back to the cabin soon, we have already spent too much time in one place"

"I know, and Okame, she was asleep when I found her here. She doesn't know she's cuddling me" the words felt bitter to say but as much as he loved torturing him Okame was the closest thing to a brother he had and he hated seeing him so hurt.

Okame turned back to him and nodded then left quickly to the cabin.

Koa sighed and freed his arm from Hannah who moaned in her sleep and turned over again this time away from him. Shaking his head he got up and bent to pick her up. Carrying her to the house she slowly woke up as he came within view of the cabin.

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep next to the creek and freaked us all out when we couldn't find you."

"Sorry" rubbing her eyes as she spoke "I can walk from here thanks Koa" nodding he set her down and they walked into the cabin to the three younger boys racing up and hugging her

"Where were you! We thought you'd been kidnapped again!" Cj held tight to his sister

"Sorry guys I fell asleep" laughing nervously Hannah brushed her hair down sure it had sticks in it from sleeping on the ground.

"Well now that your well rested get you bag we need to leave now" Hannah looked stunned, Okame had never spoken to her in such a gruff way.

"Okay" walking around the three boys Hannah quickly packed everything that had gotten removed when she searched for her clothes and left the room with her bag in her arms.

"Come on then" the group left the cabin and Hannah was shocked to see a van instead of the motorcycles they had arrived on.

Okame grabbed her bag without a word as she passed him. Looking puzzled she sent a questioning look to Toby who only shrugged and followed after him to the van.

All the bags were unceremoniously thrown into the back and the three teens settled in the back already with headphones in and on their phones. Grinning at them Hannah took the middle seats and stretched out happy to give the front to the two grumpy men.

Laying back down Hannah was lulled to sleep by the sound of the engine as they drove away.

Hannah was awoken to the sound of two grumpy men trying to stay quite as they argued. Obviously failing at the quite part of the former statement hannah groaned and threw her pillow over her head to try to block the sound and go back to sleep. Hearing her name she gave up trying to sleep and took the chance to maybe learn more about what was going on.

"We don't even know why he wants her all of a sudden!"

"It doesn't matter! She's his daughter! They deserve the right to meet"

"But does she deserve what might happen to her the second she steps foot on that land?"

"It will be her land!"

"We don't know that" Koa sighed loudly

"No. We don't, but if it goes south we will protect her." Okame yawned and pulled into the parking lot of a gas station and pulled the keys out of the car.

"Everyone wake up! Time for food and bathroom breaks! If you don't go here then your screwed for the next several hours"

"You sound like dad" Cj grumbled as he climbed out of the back seat stepping on Hannah's foot in the process

"Hey watch it!"

"It was an accident gosh so sensitive"

"Sensitive! Your giant foot just tried to kill me" hannah smacked his head in passing through the door.

The rest watched in amusement as the two siblings continued to argue all the way to the bathrooms in the back of the station.

The sound of puking came from the womens restroom a minute later. Koa paced wishing he could help somehow but not knowing what to do. Seeing the cashier he awkwardly made his way to her.

"Hi! Ready to check out?" The cashier smiled brightly

Mumbling quietly Koa asked if they had anything to help morning sickness

"What? Your going to have to talk a little louder sweetheart" smiling slightly annoyed know the lady waited for him to ask again

"I asked if you had anything for morning sickness!" Annoyed at having to repeat himself Koa crossed his arms and glared at the women

"Don't kill her for not hearing your gruff ass voice Koa" Okame cocked a brow amused at his colleagues temper

"I don't know of anything sorry" the cashier mumbled her apology and quickly slammed the snacks the twins and CJ had brought up.

Huffing Koa walked back to wait for hannah to come out and ask if she needed anything.