Chapter 26

Around midnight they pulled up in front of a small cabin miles away from any city. Hannah carefully got of the bike and stretched her back and legs out. Follow me in but be careful; if I say run get on the bike and get out of here.

"Um I don't know how to drive a motorcycle" Hannah whispered as they got closer to the door "plus I thought this was a safe house?"

"It is but lots of people unfortunately know about it. Just stay quite it should be empty"

Koa slowly opened the door and looked around. Going further in he searched around

"Seems okay, Hannah you can stop bruising my arm now"

"Oh ha sorry" Hannah had been nervously holding his arm tighter and tighter as they searched the house"

Koa laughed and started banging around in the kitchen "hungry?" Her stomach growled in response making her flush red. Koa grinned and pulled out the stuff to make eggs and pancakes

"Breakfast for supper?" Hannah walked closer and gazed around his arms to see the ingredients

"Technically it is morning" pointing to the clock that was getting closer to one am Koa smirked. Rolling her eyes Hannah looked around the one bedroom cabin.

"I don't suppose there's any clothes here is there?" Holding up the bottom of her two day old shirt that she'd been thrown the jail in Hannah's nose wrinkled at the smell and thought of the clothes she was wearing.

"They're may be some in the dresser although I don't know what size or type it'll be"

"Anything's better then this." Hannah searched the drawers and came back with some shorts that would be way to big but she grabbed her old shirt and with gritted teeth ripped a piece off that she could use to tie the shorts tighter. She also found a sports bra that would mostly fit but no shirt. Frowning she shrugged and decided it would be okay cause lots of girls didn't wear shirts over their sports bras. At least that's what she told herself as she changed and then looked at her appearance in the mirror and almost cried. As she was using the towel to try to dry her hair, that had grown out quite a bit longer then it was when she had to cut it so short after the hair loss incident, she heard a crash and then grunts and furniture being broken. Rushing from the bathroom she shrieked at the sight of Okame and Koa holding guns to each other both with cuts and bruises all over each one. Her confusion grew as she looked behind them to see Cj, the boy she knew as Toby and his brother watching the two with wide eyes.

"Hannah get behind me now!" Okame shouted at her breaking her from her shock

"What? Why? Why do you all keep bossing me around with no explanation!" Hannah glared at the two and with confidence she didn't have she walked between the two and smirked with satisfaction at their eyes widening when she grabbed both their guns and lowered them. "You two are going to sit down nicely and finally explain everything to me. And while y'all do that I'm going to fix those cuts. Now sit! All of you!" Turning to the boys behind the two men she ushered them in.

Seeing that Koa had already finished lots of eggs and pancakes she made a little more and set it all down in the living room. On the floor since the two men had broken the table with their fight.

"Now explain!" Jerking Okames shirt up and off she got to work on a gash that had been ripped down his ribs when he landed on the table. Laughing in satisfaction when he grimaced at the pain the cleaner brought she tapped his head "are you going to talk?"

Sighing he started "I was hired by a man to get information about you and if the information was what he was looking for he wanted me to bring you to him" looking slightly ashamed he hissed when she blew on the cut

"What! We let you in our house and treated you like family!" Cj looked crushed and ready to fight the man if he decided to take his sister now

"I know and I'm sorry. But the man does have a good reason"

"Ha!" Koa cut off the rest of okames explanation "yeah he could have explained eighteen years ago he lost his chance!"

"Like you have a right to talk!" Okame glared at Koa and with his words Koa shut his mouth and glared "and what are you doing here now anyway! Why are you two together"

"I found her in a cell and decided it was time to get her to safety before some dog took her away!"

The word dog made the three partners growl causing Hannah to jump

"Down boy" Koa grinned as the words hit there mark.

"Shut up mamas boy!" Oaken got up with fist ready to strike. Koa got up ready to face him.

Hannah whistled loud enough they all flinched "sit back down Koa it's your turn sit" patting the spot in front of her Koa sat and let her look at his arm that was bleeding. Sighing Hannah poured the cleaner on it and began to wash the blood away "who's looking for me?"

"Your dad" Hannah stopped everything and looked to Okame

"What?"

"Your real dad is searching for you. He has been looking ever since your adopted parents died"

"Your adopted?" Cj was white

Nodding her head yes Hannah smiled softly at him "why did you not want him to find me?" Turning to Koa hannah tilted her head studying him

"Like I said mine and okames and your dads life isn't a life you want to be a part of"

"And what kind of life is that?"

Shaking his head he refused to answer.

"Why were you looking for her now?" Okame asked slowly

Koa turned to Hannah and Hannah just shrugged as if to say up to you "because"

"Because why!" Okame shouted

"Because I'm the dad okay!"

Everyone froze and even the air seemed to stop moving. And then Okame erupted and he tackled Koa away from Hannah and began to let his rage out. Hannah screamed and tried to pull him off of Koa but he simply shrugged her off

"Toby stop him!"

"I can't"

"Why not!"

"Because Koa deserves it" Toby spoke quietly but with a fire in his eyes

"Ugh boys!" Hannah went back to trying to stop the fight but couldn't seem to get Okame's attention until she got in his face and he lashed out without thinking. Hannah flew back and hit the couch with a cry. The boys froze for the second time that night but this time they all ran to her with concern shining from there eyes

"See what you did you brute!" Koa knelt beside Hannah and checked her all over to assure she was okay

"Hannah I'm so sorry please say your okay!" Okame stood looking like a punished puppy

"I'm fine get off me!" Hannah stood and dusted herself off. "I'm going to bed y'all go ahead and kill each other for all I care!" Storming off she slammed the door to the one room the cabin had and the boys all looked at each other wondering what to do now