chapter 11

"Hi I'm here for the apartment interview, is this the right place?"

Hannah stood stunned for a minute before finally breaking "hot grocery bag dude?!" The explosion mixed with the words she chose to spout caused CJ to go slack jaw.

"Hannah? What did you just say?" Hannah slapped a hand over her mouth and the two turned to the stranger again. Surprise overtook them when the only thing to say he heard her outburst was a slightly raised eyebrow.

"I'm so sorry, yes this is the place please come in" Hannah and CJ stepped aside to allow the man to come into their home.

"Thank you" he bowed a little in thanks then entered into their living room.

"Feel free to look around a little, straight through that hallway there on the right is the three rooms and the bathroom. Mine is the first on the right then CJs is at the end and yours, if you want it, is the only one on the left. The bathroom is right between mine and CJs rooms. The kitchen is to the left and that's about it." Hannah ended the small tour with a grin.

"It's nice" the man looked around a little more then the three went to the living room to talk more.

Hannah studied the man as he sat down. He was wearing a beanie again making Hannah wonder if he ever takes it off. He hadn't smiled once since she first saw him and his eyes were hard. If she was honest he intimidated her which doesn't happen often because of her hight Hannah always seemed to be the one doing the intimidating. He was wearing all dark clothes and a hoodie.

"So your application said you work at a law firm? And you will be going to the same college as me?"

"Yes mam" the mam made Hannah's eyes widen in surprise. "I'm am intern and going back to college to work on my masters."

Hannah nodded along "do you have any pets?" The man coughed and for a split second he seemed to loose his stern composed look. "No mam no pets"

Hannah wondered at his reaction but simply shrugged it off. "Well I hope your not allergic to animals, I have a cat and CJ has a dog"

The man chucked slightly "no, no allergies just never got a pet"

"Okay, well do you have any questions for us?" The man said no and they went over the more complicated and important things and within about an hour they were shaking hands and the man got up to leave as she shut the door behind the man Hannah grinned

"We have a renter!!!" Hannah jumped up and down laughing with excitement

"Chill your scaring the animals... And me" CJ chucked at his sister but was struggling to keep down his own excitement.

"By this time next week there will be three of us in this house" Hannah looked around the place imagining what it would be like when he moves in

"I wonder if he likes video games? He seemed pretty cold and unimpressed." CJ sounded worried causing Hannah to side hug him and fluff his hair

"I'm sure he just didn't know how to act" Hannah grinned and raced to her room and was back with her purse and keys within a minute "let's go get some food!" CJ grinned and the siblings left the house for a celebration meal at their favorite food place

"Where did you meet him before?" CJ asked around a mouthful of food"

"Don't talk with your mouth full" Hannah tossed a straw wrapper at CJ.

"I met him a couple days ago while I was shopping for thing for his room. I had my hands full, then all the bags fell and he swooped in and helped me get the bags to my car"

CJ snorted and a bit of soda came through his nose causing him to chole and cough.

"Your so gross and it's not funny so stop laughing" Hannah crossed her arms and glared at her brother.

"I'm sorry it's just wow sis your so clumsy" CJ snorted again and doubled over laughing

Hannah rolled her eyes, grabbed the receipt and got up to leave

"Hey I'm not done yet!" CJ shoved the rest of his food I to his cheeks and raced to catch up with his very annoyed sister

"You wanna get icecream?" CJ looked over to his sister

"No I don't like you"

"Hmmm okay but what's that got to do with icecream?" CJ grinned knowing his sister wouldn't stay mad at him for long

"Ughhhh your so annoying!"

"Yup!" He popped the p and looked around a little "so are we getting icecream?"

"Yes we are getting the dang icecream!"

CJ grinned and ran ahead to the icecream parlor.

"I swear I'm going to kill that boy soon"

"If you do make sure you wear gloves cause finger prints are seriously hard to clean up" Hannah jumped and jerked around looking for the voice. When she saw the person she was taken aback it was a boy who looked fourteen and like he was homeless.

"Who are you? That's a little creepy to say" You can call her stupid for not running away but Hannah hated looking scared and she figured her taser and a well placed punch could get her out of any trouble.

"Hi I'm Toby" the boy stuck his hand out to greet Hannah

"And why did you say that to a stranger?" Hannah slowly stuck her hand out to his and shook his hand

"To be honest your cute, and I found what you said funny, I have a little brother too so I knew the feeling" Hannah grinned at the guy

"Ohh well still it was a little creepy also I'm to old for you"

"I'm sixteen!" The boy crossed his arms and frowned. Hannah felt bad for what she said and smiled at the way he looked even younger frowning like that.

She got the feeling she could trust the boy and that he needed help. He had a look and feel to him that made her want to protect and care for him. Not in a romantic way but as a sister.

"Hey I'm getting some icecream with my brother. You want some?" The boy lit up and instantly nodded.

"Can I get some to take home to my little brother?"

Hannah's heart melted and she said yes, together they left to join her brother at the icecream place.