Chapter 30

Getting back into the car Koa got behind the wheel and their journey continued.
Pulling her phone out she scrolled through her social media. Not really paying attention to what she was reading she stopped halfway through a story on Facebook and screamed

Slamming on the breaks Koa pulled over and jerked to face her "what! What's wrong!"

"They got together!!" Squealing louder hannah grinned at her coworkers picture

"Don't do that!"

"What?"

"You realize people want to kill you right?"

"You've made that obvious!" Getting angry at him hannah threw her phone aside "what you haven't told me is why exactly! What is going on!"

Koa turned to Okame who opened his mouth to reply

"I know I know I'll have to ask my dad right? Ugh" hannah grit her teeth and shoved her earphones in, grabbing her phone she turned her music loud enough they could hear it in the back seat. Turning on her favorite artist she closed her eyes and rubbed circles on her stomach and thought about how vastly different her life was now then it was not even three days ago.

Koa turned back to the road slowly staring the car again. With occasional glances back to hannah he sighed wishing the trip could go faster yet dreading what it may bring.

Okame laid his head back to try to catch up on sleep. Closing his eyes he drifted into a dreamless sleep.

With everyone else beside the driver asleep hannah grunted and turned to her side trying to find a comfortable position. Finding no relief she groaned and sat up.

"You okay?" The concerned voice came from the man she had been trying to ignore since the argument earlier

"Fine Koa"

"You just seem to be uncomfortable"

"I'm a month and a half pregnant stuck in a car with four smelly men, cramps, and no pillows; does it sound like I should be comfortable?

"Your cramping? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?!" Pulling to the side of the road once again he leapt from the car and pulled open her door checking her head to toe his eyes traveled all over looking for signs of hurt or danger to her or his unborn child.

"I'm fine I looked it up and it's supposed to be a normal thing." Shrugging she looked to her stomach and a small smile appeared

Sagging against the car door his shoulders sank in relief "scared me to death!" Laughing nervously he ran his hands through his hair and just stared at her

"What?" Feeling self conscious hannah wrapped her arms around herself

"Just wish things had been different that's all" turning to head back to the drivers seat he left hannah feeling confused

"What the hell was that?"

"Language hannah, mom would be scandalized"

Laughing at her little brother hannah leaned back "yeah my language would be the last on a long list of things mom would be scandalized at right now"

"Trueee" going back to his phone the siblings chuckled at the irony of everything that had happened since their parents death

The chuckles soon faded to a silence that enveloped the entire car

"How far away are we now?"

"About five hours left" Okame grunted out as he stretched as much as the small passenger seat would allow

"Ughh we've been in this car forever" Charlie groaned as he dramatically draped himself over his brother

"Fourteen hours is not forever you drama queen now get off!" Shoving his brother off himself toby grinned "it's only half of forever because we have a long ass flight next" Charlie stuck his tongue out at that and melted back into his seat with a huff of annoyance

Smiling at the two brothers antics hannah pulled out a book she'd been trying to get through for the last couple of weeks. Turning to the page she last left off on she tried in vain to focus on the words but the movement of the car and smells enveloping her was too much and soon her stomach was turning in time with the wheels and the words that seemed to swim around her.

"Pull over! Now!" Holding her stomach and gripping the car door handle she leapt from the car as soon as it was stopped and heaved everything out of her stomach. Charlie ran out after her and was the first to reach her, holding her hair back he rubbed her back waiting patiently for her to finish.

"Thanks Charlie" sinking to the ground a safe distance from her vomit she held her head that was now pounding.

Toby slowly walked up and handed her a wet cloth to wipe her face and mouth with

Tears welled up and soon she was sobbing on the side of a highway with five anxious boys standing around not sure what to do.

Cj reached down a hand and pulled her into a hug

"Love you sis" Hannah sniffled and nodded her head.

They group made their way back to the car in silence

Hannah took the back seat with Koa while Okame took a turn at the wheel, Cj was ecstatic to have the passenger seat while the twins got the middle.

Laying her head on Kao's lap she finally drifted into a dreamless and peaceful sleep.

"She finally asleep?" Cj looked back at his sister and nodded to the driver.

"Hopefully she sleeps the rest of the way"

"Yeah it's been a tough couple days for her"

Cj snorted "days? It's been a rough year for her"

Koa nodded and let his fingers move through her hair. Grunting in her sleep Hannah moved her head closer to his hand and a small smile found it's way to Koas lips. Okame watched from the drivers seat and felt his smile slowly leave.