Chapter 31

Sorry for taking so long to update! Thank you so much to everyone who is reading Her Gaurdian!!

The cars lack of movement woke Hannah tearing her from her dream.
Yawning loudly she sat up only to find that everyone else was asleep and they seemed to have arrived at the airport.

Stretching her arms out Hannah carefully crawled over Koa. Opening the van door she took a deep breath letting the cool morning air hit her face and lungs.

The feeling of being watched grew along with an unease that something simply wasn't right.

Rubbing her stomach she stepped from the van and looked around to find they were surrounded by other vehicles.

The parking garage seemed to be filled to capacity and nothing seemed out of place but the feeling grew stronger and stronger as each second passed.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Gosh you freaked me out Toby" nervous laughter bubbled from her lips

"You okay?" Concern flashed in his eyes. Peering around at their surroundings the boy checked for cameras or anything that may be a concern.

"Yeah just can't shake the feeling that somethings wrong, haha dumb right"

"We should head in" turning to wake the others the sound of a crash had him pulling Hannah to the ground. Bullets smashed into the car and concrete around them

"Koa! Okame wake up! Stay down you hear me!" Hannah nodded her eyes welling with tears. Throwing her arms around her head as more shots fired around them.

"Thank God they seem to be far away, their aims aren't great."  Grinning but with eyes full of worry Okame slowly made his way to Hannah.

The pop of bullets landing in cars and crashing through windows drummed in Hannahs ears, her scream ripped through the parking lot at the feeling of someone grabbing her. Sending her fist flying her eyes met Okames.

"nice try princess but we need to work on that one later, for now lets get you out of here"

Nodding she grabbed ahold of his shirt and together they crawled behind cars until they reached the end of the parking lot.

Looking back Hannah saw Koa with Cj getting him out in the same way.

Toby and his brother were firing back keeping the enemies focused on them so the others could stay safe.

"Charlie! Toby get out of there!" The brothers looked up for a second to acknowledge their leader.

The shot was quite like all the rest had been, in the blink of an eye Toby was on the ground gasping for breath, the sound of sirens rang coming closer with each second. Charlie fell to the ground

"Toby stay with me!" Wiping his eyes refusing to be weak and cry he held his brother willing his heart to keep beating. The circle of blood spread further around his stomach.

"Stay here with me you hear me!" Okame raced to Toby and Charlie's side.

"I'm sorry we have to go now Charlie!"

"I can't leave him here!"

"The police are coming we have to be gone before they get here, Hannah has to get home"

"But he should be home too" moving his brothers hair from his eyes.

Toby took a deep breath and croaked out "The mission first remember Charlie" Charlie nodded and slowly got up.

"Goodbye brother" Charlie took a deep breath and stepped away.

"Goodbye brother" Toby watched as his brother left his side

Grabbing his arm Okame led Charlie away. When he got close enough Hannah raced to him and held him tight. Running her fingers through his hair she felt as his shoulders shook as the pain took over.

"We can mourn later we have to leave now, Charlie can you hack the cameras and delete us?"

Sniffling he nodded "yes sir" taking his phone out he got to work as they all raced into the airport.

Making their way through security as fast as they could they were at their gate as the alarms began ringing and stores began shutting down.

"I guess they realized it was a gun fight"

"They probably found his body" Charlie took a deep shake breath and let go.

"I'm sorry Charlie, we all will miss him" Okame placed a hand in his shoulder and squeezed

"Yeah, I'll be back" shrugging Okames hand away he got up and walked away.

Cj watched him walk away and got uo to follow

"Where you going" Hannahs eyes shine with unshed tears

"I remember what it felt like. He needs someone right now"

Nodding in understanding she watched her little brother walk off and tried to shake the feat that she might not see him again.

"He'll be okay there's a lot of security here especially now"

Hannah nodded and tried to blink the tears away.

"You can cry you know, we promise not to tell anyone" Koa grinned at her and the dam burst. Sobbing she threw herself into Koa's arms and let all the pain that had been building up leave her with each cry.

After what seemed like an eternity she pulled away. As she pulled her arms back her hand came back bloody. Fear lit her face afire and she couldn't help the scream that toar from her throat.

Okame reacted quickly and the next thing she knew they were all in a family bathroom with Koa coughing in the floor.

"Didn't even know I was hit" Grinning through the pain he reached an arm up and wiped a tear that fell down Hannahs face. "Hey I'll be okay"

Looking up at Okame for confirmation he smiled grimly

"We need to get him back as soon as possible"

"Let's steal a plane then"

Both boys looked at her in shock

"What? Yall could do it right?"

"I mean, yeah but it'll be very hard, and you may never be able to come home"

Looking down at the father to her child she nodded

"we have to save him"

The boys looked at eachother, shrugged and grinned

"Okay let's do it then"