Chapter 25

"What do you mean she's not there?" Okame threw his fist into the wall resulting in a dent that would be very hard to explain should anyone see it

"Our man went to get her out but in the confusion it seems she escaped with the help of some other guy" 49 explained what happened and carefully watched the older man as he shook his fist that was now bleeding at the knuckles

"Why did this guy look like?" A growl rumbled deep in planes chest when the boy described what his partners saw before being knocked out with a punch to the face.

"That.." Okame trailed off in a series of cusses and names for the man that 49 was sure the man wouldn't appreciate being called.

"Do you know the guy she's with?"

"Yes" Okame left the room signaling the conversation was over.

49 trailed after him "is she safe? What about her brother? 48 said he picked him up after school and is wondering where to bring him"

"Have them meet us at the safe house in New Mexico"

"Why there?"

"Because he'll be trying to get her out of the country but with her being the way she is he'll only be able to travel a little ways at a time. He'll have to stop and there's a safe house there he'll want to use"

"How do you know"

"Because I do!"

"Whatever you say boss" taking out his phone he sent the message

"Let's go" grabbing the bags he'd packed for them all Okame have two to the boy and they left the city behind.

——————-

"Where are we going?"

"California"

"Why"

Gritting his teeth at her constant questions Koa threw his jacket on and turned to Hannah

"I have to take you out of the country"

"Ha no your not"

"Hannah think. You've had a gangster living with you and didn't even know it, your pregnant, your parents died in an "accident" your were thrown in jail for a minor accident and now you have the police after you."

Hannah stepped back with fear flashing in her eyes "how do you know so much? And Okame isn't a gangster!"

Kia laughed "he apart of the Japanese mafia princess and he was sent to spy on you"

"Why would he spy on me! And what do you mean by saying accident like that! What happened to my parents!"

Sorrow filled his eyes "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that, we do need to leave though, I'll explain everything later I promise"

"How did you know I was pregnant?" Slowly getting up she followed him out the door "and you better keep that promise" the contract she found in her parents room came to mind and she wondered if this guy knew they weren't her real parents.

"Because" he slowed and sighed. Raking his hands through his hair he turned to her. "Because I was the one that night Hannah"

The slap came faster then he could react. Holding her hand Hannah glared at him. "Where did you go! Why didn't you tell me who you were! You asshole! Coward leaving like that!" Tears fell down her face and Koa felt like he'd been punched in the gut. Holding a hand to his stinging cheek he reached for her but Hannah only shook her head and backed away.

"I'm sorry I never thought that would happen I promise I'm not like that! I had our drinks tested the next day and both of us were drugged." He slowly walked up to her and when she didn't back away he took her into a hug and let her sob. "Im so sorry" whispering into her hair he rubbed her back until she pulled back.

"But that still doesn't explain why you left like you did and the note that you left."

Grimacing Koa sighed "my dad has high expectations of me and you being involved with me wouldn't help you in any way. I thought if I left then you'd forget about it all and live happily."

"Well that didn't work and now I'm on the run with you"

"Yeah" both got lost in their own heads and after what seemed to be too long Koa waved his hand towards his bike and they left the hotel behind.

"Well stop tonight at a place I know in New Mexico"

Hannah nodded against his back and held on tight. She lost herself in the crazy thoughts that filled her head.

The morning before she never though she'd be on the back of a motorcycle hanging tight to the father of her baby on the run from the police and possibly the mafia. She realized as they left the Texas border that she never said bye to her friends or her brother. She saw the way Okame had tried to protect her from the police and wondered if he really had been there to spy on her, and she wondered if her parents had been involved with the mafia and if so she wondered why they were killed and who her real parents were.