32.

Normal.

Finally, that word can describe a school day when asked. It wasn't one hundred percent normal, but it was getting there. Most seniors who were tired of the hierarchy, bullying, and immaturity counted down the time to get their diplomas. The others were still running behind their school heroes and being why adults think their generation is doomed.
While the drama hours trickled down to minutes, the headliners made their own way back to the pedestal their peers placed them on. Those who were wronged by them simply moved on.
Derek, the town's golden boy, was back on his throne as the next town football hero, while Shaun was heavily ostracized. Word of him now being on his own yet under the care of the Winshalls also surged through the town. His mother publicly disowned him, which added to the rumor mill. 
Derek's family wanted to silence him while he was 'vulnerable' to safeguard their family's future. A lawyer and the family representative made an unwelcomed visit to the Winshall's home, which was the first bad move on their path because Bryan was present. Expecting only to have Katie and Shaun at home, they faltered in their plan when the man of the house answered the door. Being charismatic as always, Bryan took the role of guardian seriously and listened to their bargain. He gave the look of interest and was ready to accept, only to have the answer be given by Shaun. 
"Why should I accept money from cowards and superficial people? The most your money can do is to be put in a safe place until your 'special child' fucks up again. No, thank you. Please show yourselves out. Your presence is annoying my older brother and sister."

Being told off by a teenager wasn't on their plan that day. However, Shaun's answer brought more hostility from the Derek masses, but he didn't have a care in the world. 

Why? 

Because the situation his twin sister found herself in made him worry more. Her betrayal still pained him, but she was the last family member he acknowledged to a point. The relationship with his mother reached the point of both of them passing each other as strangers. Word, well, rumor has it; she disowned Natalie also. The woman blamed her misfortunes on her ungrateful kids and their low-life father. She sold the family home and changed her appearance to show her new image. 
Shaun went to Elijah for advice on handling his sister, only to be sent to Bryan, who promised to speak with him after school. So after his online classes on the day he knew Bryan would be working from home, he made his way to the man's office, respectfully waiting for him to answer his intrusive knocking.

"Come in, Shaun."

Easily he stepped into the lush modern designed office that screamed power when you place one foot in. He always thought Bryan was the coolest out of all the brothers, and him being a CEO didn't suit him at all. The man was danger, in every sense. Shaun stood near a chair, awaiting his big brother's orders. An amused snort escaped the man before he gave him the go-ahead to sit. 

"You have a good grasp of manners and authority. Who taught you business etiquette?"

"Alec's uncle from Italy," he answered.

"Ah! Chevon! He's a stickler for formality. How are your lessons? Are you missing the classroom atmosphere?"

Shaun relaxed in his seat and shook his head with the answer, no. "My mind and body adjusted to the silence and relaxed routine. But, unfortunately, my tolerance for socializing seems to drop also," he added.

"That's expected, but try venturing out at least once a week or something. Let's go to the matter at hand. You want to know if it's a good idea to visit your sister. Your flesh and blood relative who threw you to the wolves."

"Geez, Bryan. Hearing my matter in your words makes me sound like a schmuck. Is it that weird to know that I want to visit her?" Shaun queried; he also took note of Bryan's expression. It slowly eased from jovial and brotherly to cold and distant.