18.

Monday back at school was exactly how Monday sounded to anyone who mentioned it.

Miserable. Uncertain. Wary.

Their Sunday didn't end the way they expected. The last hour before they went their different ways, the boys confessed to Raine what they did while Erica was plotting ways to kill Bree.
Her protective instinct for Elijah grew after he told her what he kept from everyone. It also cemented their bond. He trusted her and was taking another chance at opening his heart. She knew hurting him will be a hard no, doing that to him will not only kill her but hurt her new friends also. Erica has become close to them and understood why they all stuck to each other. They protect and care for each other. 
She was once an outsider looking in at them. Rumors are made with them, idol-worshipping, and invasion of privacy at times. Photos were posted of the group over Instagram and Facebook whether it was in class, team practice, or normal day-to-day, it was crazy. Now that she was now in the circle and in a relationship with Elijah, she will surely protect him and her new friends with all she got.

Needing that connection with him now, Erica reached onto her lap and held onto his hand that was idly placed on her thigh. Her light squeeze pulled his attention from the class teacher to her. "What's wrong?" he whispered taking in her intense look.

Boldly she closed the distance between them and placed a quick kiss on his lips. "Nothing," she returned and placed her head on his shoulder. Her eyes closed in bliss when she felt his lips on her forehead then the gentle tug of her loose braid. "You've been in another world since I told you everything," he said loud enough for her to hear. It wasn't a question but the gentle push in his calm tone told her he wanted to know why she was quiet.

"I'm promising mih self not to hurt you," she returned.

"I'm doing the same."

The two stayed in silence listening to their Literature teacher, staying in their own world while oblivious to the quick glances they were receiving from classmates. They learned to ignore it all. It was only them in the relationship, not the outsiders who wanted front row seats to it and probably foreseeing their breakup in their minds. The new couple was ready for the rumors to be started and do childish things to get them to go against each other. 

Petty cunts, Erica told him when he warned her of what is to come while dating him. 

"Plus I wanna kill yuh ex for hurting you," Erica grumbled.

"Easy there, my island flower," Elijah returned softly, stifling a laugh. His girl was fierce.

                                                                                  *******

Lunch hour came by quickly and the table the friends sat at was filled with amusement and unease. Raine had her eye on the three boys who showered her with 'I'm sorry gifts and a promise to apologize to Travis. That's if the poor guy showed up. No one has seen him the entire morning and if any student did see him, talk would have spread throughout the school. The result of a beating from two trained boxers and a hothead would garner attention.

"Maybe he's at home. We can go apologize to him there. We didn't mean to hurt him... that bad. It's just...." Alec started.

"You were crying, Raine. We hate seeing you cry," Elijah pressed.

"He hurt you. He hurt our sister," Harem ended for all three of them. Raine heaved a heavy sigh and met all five guys' gazes then the girls on either side of her. Erica and Ayanna gave her a shrug saying, 'They're right.' The boys all wore apologetic looks but she knew if any other guy was to hurt her again the same will happen all over again. "I appreciate the love and protection you have for me guys but three on one was too much. Thanks for having my back. If he..."