24.

Caribbean Dialect Included

It's not that she hated shopping entirely, she only hated shopping at this present moment. Erica watched on as her father drove off with her aunt after realizing they will need more food than already planned. Over their private breakfast, since both mother and daughters slept late, she relayed the news of her friends accepting their invite. He also told her about informing his immediate neighbors about the get-together and an open invitation.

"Up here, you can't have a party jus' so, jus' so. Noise pollution charge can come up if you have a real bad mind neighbor," he said to her.

"Oh. So more food is fuh if dey pass through. I still helping eh. Ah want to cook some Tobago food for dem," she said sternly. Her father only shook his head and commented on missing island food. 

Coming back to the present, she knew what the outcome will be in a few hours. Erica didn't miss the widened eyes from her cousins when her father gave her extra pocket money. She didn't know what the fuss was about when their mother simply handed over her credit card with the comment, "Remember the limit." The family bonding part of their visit went up in flames the moment they stepped foot into her home the night before. Speaking to Elijah before bed while they were on the blow-up mattress gushing over her boyfriend and his older brothers was uncomfortable, she admitted to him that she wanted to experience that type of bonding. As usual, he eased her mind and gave her advice in dealing with her spoiled cousins. He joked about their relationship being revealed to his top fans. Erica didn't really care about throwing it in their faces, she only wanted him to spend a relaxing evening with her 'family' and their friends. 

"I can't believe that we're in one of Eli Johnson's mall. Do you think his son will be here? Our friends back home will be so jealous to know we're actually in the Johnsons' hometown," Shian commented behind her.

Erica turned around to find her cousins taking photos with their phones like paparazzi and posting online as they moved along. She followed a few steps behind in each store, picking up little things to accessorize her outfit for the night. Her hair was now braided in medium-sized cornrows for her planned hairstyle. Her man was coming over, she wanted to look extremely good for him. 
After going through, every store on the ground floor they were now on the first floor, Shian and Anika were still looking out for an appearance by Elijah. She was growing bored, wanting to go home and take a nap. Their presence was definitely sucking the energy out of her body. They entered a clothing store for both males and females which to her chagrined the girls acted like tween fangirls, taking continuous shots of the place. Erica was lost as to why they were excited to be in this particular store. 

"This is one of Tramaine's store. It was used as a set for three popular Netflix movies and carries few of his unique designs."

The sudden answer to her silent question startled her but she recognized the voice instantly. Spinning around to face the person, she wasn't surprised to see the smiling face of Alec and the stoic one of Trey. 

"Trey. Alec. Thanks for the info. I forgot that part," she greeted with a soft smile.

"Miss Islander," Trey answered.

"Good morning, piccolo. Shopping for your 'lime'?" Alec teased.

Rolling her eyes at his silliness, she nodded in answer. "I'm here with my cousins also."

"If you're here then that means things aren't so well," Trey deducted.

"Right as always, Watson," Erica teased. A snort of laughter escaped Alec but the subject of the teasing simply rolled his eyes with a slight twitch of his lips.