7.

The slamming of the front door hurried angry steps then the slamming of the door between them, alerted Mischa and Elijah of Harem's homecoming. A notification popped up in their group chat which set everyone on alert.

Sellie: I want nothing to do with any of you. Y'all thought a few placed lies would have made me leave Derek? It only proved to me how vindictive y'all are. I will never forgive y'all for this. Especially you Harem. You're lucky he isn't pressing charges. Consider this so-called friendship finished.

                                                               Sellie has left the chat.

In his room, Harem read her last text over and over, reading their friends' responses and words. The girls were calling him and messaging him privately but he ignored them all. The guys tried also until he heard banging on his room door. Switching off his phone and turning on his music system, he slowly went to the bathroom and simply stared at himself in the mirror. Lean muscle and tall in stature, brown hair with brown-green eyes, he was considered handsome by the majority of the female student body. His eyes once showed how easy going and welcoming he was but all he can see was the sadness and pain from this afternoon's cluster fuck. Taking a quick shower, the need to get away was strong. He can still hear his cousins knocking on the door, trying to get him to talk. He couldn't speak, not even shout that everything is alright. Reaching up, he touched the tender spot where Selby slapped him. Taking a deep breath, he refused to cry anymore over her. She made her choice, albeit the wrong one, she did anyway. Leaving the now steam-filled bathroom, he quickly dressed in a pair of black sweats, a tank top, and flip-flop then hurriedly packed a duffle bag and laptop paraphernalia. He just needed some time alone. Opening the door, he met Elijah, Mischa, and uncle Eli all standing in the hall waiting for him. They eyed his bags then him, they all knew something was wrong and it all surrounded Selby. It made sense to keep it hidden since she didn't believe him. 

"Derek cheated on Selby. I saw. He got to her before I can tell her the truth, made us the bad guys. I told her I loved her, she didn't believe me. Beat Derek near to a pulp, made her angrier. He's fucking with her head but she's too god-damn blind to see it. I'm headed to the house for a few days. I... I need ... "

"It's okay, kid. Text us when you reach. I'll tell your aunt when she gets home," Eli said squeezing his shoulder. Mischa and Elijah said nothing, they were furious by the news but they alerted the others of the situation.

"Okay."

They quietly watched as he left the hallway and listened as he left the house completely. Elijah felt guilty for being so happy this afternoon when his cousin was warring with his head and his heart. Everyone in the group knew how much he loved Selby. His insecurities about his hearing aid and Selby's own popularity kept him back from telling her, not to mention the possibility of rejection. He worked up the courage to tell her but was hit with the news that she got into a relationship with Derek. Harem faked his happiness for her and accepted his loss. They all encouraged him to hold on to hope but his news just cemented his heart and feelings for Selby.

"Should we allow him to be alone? Much less drive?" Mischa asked eyeing his cousin's dark bedroom.

"He's heartbroken yes but not mentally unstable. I hope not. We will check on him in the morning, I doubt he will want to go to school tomorrow," Eli replied. Running his hand through his gray and brown hair, he pulled out his phone to call his wife. The zeal to cook dinner for his family wasn't there, not when one of his sons was down in the pits. 

"Hey, baby. I'm on my way home," Janine answered cheerfully. 

"Hey, honey. Can you bring home a pizza and drop one off for Harem at Mari's house?"