33.

"It's not de end ah de world, boy."

The pout on Elijah's face as he threw himself on Erica was so adorable. Gathering him in her arms, she rolled her eyes playfully and began to stroke his newly braided head gently. It was two days before Thanksgiving break, and it was known amongst the group, this was Erica's first US holiday, and she was scheduled to visit her family. After the incident with her aunt and cousins, she was hesitant to visit. Her fears were alleviated by her father and her grandmother's heartfelt calls. The concept of having grandparents, aunts, and uncles was new; back on the island, her mother, stepfather, and sister were the only relatives she had. The family on her mother's side treated her like an outcast, so she did the same. 

"If any of them..." Elijah began to say.

"Ah, will be fine. You worry too much—all allyuh. Yuh feel mih daddy will let them bad treat mih? Nah. Ah feel good about visiting dem," she cut him off before he voiced his umpteenth worry. 

"Fine. When you return, we have to plan for our first Christmas together," Ayanna said cheerfully. The smile on Erica's face grew wider, she loved Christmas, and it's currently a great experience for her. Coming from an all-year-round sun-filled home, experiencing the change in seasons was currently exciting to her. Her father and Elijah took it upon themselves to bundle her up appropriately whenever she leaves the house. It was highly amusing. 

"You two coming also?" Erica asked of Kage and Callum. Shaun already confirmed it even though he didn't have to. Katie and Bryan would have dragged him to the decided venue.

"My folks don't mind. One mention of Raine's name and I got their approval in less than ten seconds," Kage answered.

"My mom said it's okay since she planned for a vacation around that time," Callum answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"That's great. You can hang with Ayanna on your free days," Raine commented. Erica eagerly nodded her head in approval leaving the budding couple with heated faces, 

"ERICA!"

"Yeah daddy!"

The friends all listened on with wide eyes at the shouting conversation between father and daughter. It was entertaining hearing their accents belting through the shouts, what was even better for them all, they understood each word. 

"Allyuh go on, daddy will help share de food," Erica said with a knowing smile. It seems her friends now visit her with empty stomachs. Her father wanted to cook for them all as his own version of thanksgiving for their little gathering. In the Caribbean, it has an event similar to the American version. Food, games, and prayers make for it and it's usually held by anyone who wants to share their goodwill, no matter what time of the year it was. Julius' reason for this thanksgiving is for three reasons. His daughter was finally with him, she was happy with new friends and his little family was complete. 

"Okay." Her friends rushed out leaving the couple to their few seconds of solitude. Elijah didn't waste one second. In one move he had Erica beneath him, her arms locked around his neck and her lips eagerly reaching his. He couldn't resist her. Placing a bit of weight on her, he smiled against her lips when he felt her breasts pressed against his chest and the warmth that exuded from her body. 
"I can kiss you forever," he whispered as he brushed his lips against her cheek.

"And we gettin' dat? A forever between me an' you," she returned. Elijah paused his playful kisses all over her face and locked eyes with her. The honesty and longing in her words were shown in her eyes, it made his heart lurch in excitement. This was real. It was happening. Just like his parents and sister, he found his soul mate at such a young age. His cheeks hurt from smiling so much, and the heat from his blush was getting hotter.