A Promise Of Forever

Junior Year
St. Lawrence Preparatory

Another new year at St. Lawrence Prep and the first morning greeted her with the fake friends she grew to despise but learned to be somewhat tolerant. Music blasting in her ears, she can still hear them chatter away about the last month of their summer spent at Trevor's beach house in Malibu. She was invited after he invited his friends but the delivery, as usual, lacked the warmth one's boyfriend should have. Janine politely declined and spent her month with Marisol Cayde and a college prep course she took part in. The entire summer was spent with her mother and herself bickering, her older siblings putting in their opinions, and her father playing an invisible man to avoid his family. All their negativity simply slid off her back, allowing her to do her own thing. Though in the deepest cavern of her heart there was hope that her mother will support her decisions and see her as Janine and not the worst knockoff version of her other daughter Janice.
The previous year of school, heck the entire sophomore year opened her eyes to many things. The one thing she learned in that year was universal connection was real. It wasn't a figment of her imagination, she knew it was there, she felt it and she knew he did also. On the last day of classes back in June, the smile he gave her and the brushing of their hands made her into a determined lovesick fool. 
This year change was coming. Her plans were ready and she bolstered herself for the consequences because there will be a lot of them. 

Leaning against the rails, surreptitiously eyeing the thickening crowd of students she was looking for one person in particular to give her the courage. Janine prayed all summer that what she felt and saw in his eyes wasn't a fluke. The need to believe that there was someone out there for her was strong and she believed Eli Johnson was hers. She confided her fears and hopes into her new friend Marisol Cayde and met the woman's daughter Allison who instantly became her mentor. The two ladies boosted her confidence over the summer, she stood up to her mother and learned to do things for her and not for other people's selfish reasons.
Focusing back into the crowd she felt him before the girls around her spotted him. On automatic, she pinpointed his location and so did he for her. Though his face was stoic, she didn't miss how his eyes danced when he looked her way. Janine smiled. That was the sign she was waiting for.
Junior year was hers. 

Eli was trying hard not to smile her way. He loved the changes she made. His mind kept on repeating her name over and over. When she moved from between her two friends that's when his heart stopped. Lovely thick brown thighs were on show thanks to her skirt, thigh-high stocking accentuated the curve of her legs, her school shirt was fitted molded to her shapely torso with her cardigan loosely on her shoulders. Her natural hair was styled in dreadlocks, she looked ten times more beautiful to him. She wore no makeup and he was proud of her. Janine was truly a queen. 
Catching the eyes of her friends after she left them, he scoffed at their silly, childish sneers and proceeded to enter the school. No longer was his uniform loose on him. Randy had his wife alter them and made a few new slacks for him for the new year. The muscles he gained on his lean frame from working on construction sites for the entire summer were there. Shirt and jacket sleeves neatly folded up, anyone can see the difference through his veined forearms. Randy even signed him up for boxing lessons and additional self-defense classes. To think, for him to survive high school he had to learn to defend himself, it's a sad thought. 

"Hi, Eli." 

A voice behind him made him look over his shoulder, pushing his glasses up his nose, he took note of the redhead pushing her way towards him. He saw her around but never caught her name.

"Yes," he answered gruffly. Her eyes widened before her cheeks tinged red. Puberty hit him like a Mack truck over the summer and the months leading up to it. His voice was a bit deeper and his brown hair was adorably messy, words of his sister Elise. Go figure.