fifteen

-

THE sight of the unconscious girl made their heart drop as she was laying flat on the ground the moment they came in after their talk. it took them over a minute to process as rindou immediately rushed to her and to check if she was still breathing since she showed no sign of movement.

"she still has a pulse." he announced when checking her neck and wrist, ran sighed in relief as he watched his younger brother carrying the girl on his back, her frail hands dangled lifelessly on both sides of his shoulders.

they wasted no time as they frantically dashed to the nearby hospital, not giving a fuck whether they would bump or push the people in the way, earning stares by everybody as they passed. beads of cold sweat cascade down from his forehead to his neck, rindou could literally feel the girls heavy breaths beside sending shivers down his spine at how slow and croaky it was.

"rindou..."

"shut up and hold on you idiot!" he practically yelled.

the moment they've reached the emergency area nurses and doctors started to surround the two males as rindou carefully placed the girl's weak body on the stretcher, and later on being rushed to a private room due to the fact that whatever happened to her was serious and a big mystery to what the fuck was going on.

"i called her friend from her phone. she's on her way." ran announced as he sat next to his younger brother who was still trying to catch his breath as if he was done on a marathon.

"the fuck happened to her?" he managed to ask, his free hand wiping the disgusting sweat as he gazed at his older brother, who was playing with the small keychain on the girls pink flip phone. rindou a bit shocked by how calm ran is despite the current situation as if he was already used to this.

as braid hair was about to open is mouth, a man wearing a white coat presumably the doctor walked up to them with an expressionless face, his two hands inside the pocket of his coat.

"are you two the patients relatives?" he asked, the bags under his eyes clearly visible along with his monotonous voice as it echoed through the empty hallways.

"i'm her boyf--"

"we're her brothers." rindou cut off what the gross thing his brother was trying to pull again, ran side glaring his brother as the doctor nodded and spoke again.

"upon examining her body we've noticed a mild head injury, i thought that it was the cause of her fainting yet we've just received the lab results and it was unfortunately food poisoning..." the doctor trailed as the two males looked at each other with confusion. "anyway, we've injected her with some medicine and she should be fine in a few days." he added.

"thank you, doc." ran gave a small smile, only for the older man to nod and walk away from the two who was still a little dumbfounded by the sudden statement.

rindou rested his back on one of the waiting chairs, his thought of the useless girl being food poisoned not leaving his mind with a billion questions going on with it. meanwhile his older brother just stood, hand massaging his chin as he was also deeply thinking.

"nami-chan wouldn't be dumb enough to actually poison herself, right?"

"i told you it was salty!" rindou almost shouted making ran think deep again.

"but if she actually tried to kill us then she'll make us different bowls, the hotpot she made was in one pot. " ran concluded making his younger brother to think like him again. which made sense since he remembers that naomi made one big bowl.

"who the fuck did it then?! i dont even know how to cook."

"rindou, do you remember the man we sa--"

"she's alseep right now but you can go visit her." ran got cut off by a nurse, the two males nodded as they went in a big room filled with patients also yet they were all separated by curtains for privacy purposes.

their eyes fixated on the girl who was peacefully sleeping, a needle injected on her pale hand as half of her body was covered with a blanket. her breathing was now stable yet she was still weak like a damn vegetable.

"brother, we shouldn't stay here any longer." rindou whispered as his eyes traveled around the public room, clearly obvious that the both of them could be recognized in any time.

ran pouted as he leaned towards the girl, his veiny slender hand brushed her hair to the back as his thumbs circled around her head carefully, after whispering a get well to his beloved. his lips soon kissed her forehead gently before exiting the room as he didnt look back once.

"tch, so troublesome." as rindou rolled his eyes about to leave, he felt a weak tug on his hoodie as he saw the girls hand, making him stop.

her eyes were still shut as well as her mouth yet her hand was still holding a small piece of his hoodie. rindou raised as eyebrow as he replaced her grip with his hand instead.

"wake up soon, idiot." he whispered before carefully placing her hand back down to her stomach before leaving as she was left alone... again.

-

"naomi-chan! you worried me so much that i paused my kdrama for you! i got you ice cream and some fruit!" it felt like she was having a wave of headache again after junko's loud whining greeted her.

"thanks, junko. how did you know i was in the hospital anyways?" she asked, taking a sip from a water bottle to atleast cleanse her thirst since she woke up with a dry throat.

"what do you mean? you texted me from your phone silly!" she cheerfully smiled only for naomi to get curious, then remembering that it was probably one of the brothers yet it was likely ran that did it.

"sorry im late! naomi!" a familiar male voiced suddenly showed as haru came, a sheepish smile crept on his lips.

"haru! where were you? didn't you answer my text?!" junko almost yelled as some people turned to their direction as it was loud as fuck.

the girl in the bed noticed her friend was sweating like crazy as his school uniform was only half buttoned. she could sense the tiredness of his aura. a bit new since haru was always the typical guy to take care of himself yet the haru right now was like a different person.

"haru, are you okay? you look kind of tired." naomi asked, further examining as her friend tried to brush himself up.

"im okay,naomi. just busy with my work." he gave her a reassuring smile as naomi nodded, taking small bites of the fruit cup junko had given her.

"naomi you need to see this quick!" junko rushed as she held her touch screen phone, sitting next to naomi as it played a video.

it was the news

"so they finally released the cctv footage of the store raid?" junko's eyes widened as well as naomi's, her hand covering her mouth in shock.

"rindou?"