A New Mission

-Hey, Y/n! Have you had lunch yet? - Evelyn asks after spotting you going out of your room.

-Hi, Evy! Actually no. Do you want to go with me? - You say while organizing the bunch of papers from your previous work.

-Yeah. Let's go. I'm hungry. - She says hugging your arm from the side.

            Evelyn is your best friend. You two have known each other for 2 years now. You two work together in a spy company. Yes, that's right. You are a spy. You have a dream of working as a police officer since you were a kid. As you got older, now in your 23s, you studied a lot for it. You did some exams and trains and you were hired.
            As the time went by, your superior saw your abilities and offered you a promotion. You were called to be a spy. You got surprised. You never thought about that before. After some days thinking about it, you decided to accept, and now, you work as a spy for 2 years. When you got in the company, you met Evelyn. She is an outgoing girl who works in the field of criminal evidence and got close to you. You have a lot in common and the firsts days at the company were easier because of her. She gave you all the tips and, as you are clever, you quickly got known, and your workmates like you.
            You and Evelyn go to the restaurant inside the company. You get your food and start to eat it.

-Jones, - You and Evelyn look at your workmate who called her last name. - The boss is calling you in his office. - The man says and Evelyn looks at you.

-Oh, no. Am I screwed? - Evelyn asks you and you shrug.

-I warned you about drinking coffee direct from the machine. - You say grinning at her. She shivers.

-No way! Did he find out? - She asks biting her nails. You pat her back to console her. She gets up and walks toward the elevator to go to the boss' office.

             As you don't know how long she will take in there, you go to your desk to go back to the work. Your work was sometimes easy, like having to report some cases, but other times there are more dangerous cases, when you have to disguise and investigate people, or when you need to chase criminals. But even so, you got trained for this and you are prepared for these types of missions.
            After an hour, Evelyn comes back and watches you from the door as her desk was close to yours. You see the reflex of her head and her eyes on the corner of your monitor.

-So? Were you fired? - You say turning your chair to face her. She jumps startled.

-Oh, geez. How did you see me from your back? I think you really have spy skills. - She says putting her hand on her heart dramatically. You chuckle. - And no. I was not fired. - She says.

-So, is everything alright? Was it because of the coffee machine or not? - You ask turning back to the computer.

-Yes, it's everything okay. He only said that I should be careful and be more serious about the job. - She says looking down. - Well... it's better than being fired.

-Yeah. Of course. Don't care about that too much. You are a crackhead, but you are a good spy. - You say to her. She giggles and comes back to her desk.

            After a week, you and Evelyn are called for the boss. You look at Evelyn confused. Obviously, you did not do none of these Evelyn's craziness, so why are you being called? As there is nothing to do about it, you get up and head over to his office. Getting there, you knock the door and he tells you to get in. You sit on the chair and the boss starts to talk. 

-So, Mrs. Y/L/N and Mrs. Jones, I called you here today to offer you a new mission, but this time is a confidential one. - He says and you get surprised, but you don't react too much to not look weird. He continues to talk. - I choose you two because you have shown a great work and I believe you two are the best option for this mission. – He says.