Chapter 26

So... I'm not dead? Please don't kill me! I know that it has been far too long since I've last uploaded, but many many things have popped up. Most notably, my sister and I's birthday, and track. With track I am literally occupied every weekday and a few Saturdays. Yeah, it's kinda time comsuming. I really have to apologize though; my newly discovered an anguished abs and other muscles have plagued me into laying down and sleeping for the majority of the weekends, let's just say that meds are going to be my best friends for quite awhile now... Enjoy this (small) treat!

PS: have you noticed I put a cast on? I have the majority of the major characters done!

Recap:

(Josh's POV:)

She quickly latched onto my shirt, and pulled me closer to her. I was stunned by this, the only time we had been hugging or anything remotely close to that, she had been and emotional wreck, but in her sleep? It seemed like she was a major snuggler. I peeked over the side of her and saw a teddy bear, who had given it to her? I sighed, then braced, instantly remembering that she was asleep and I would be in deep s*** if she woke up to find us like this. She clutched my shirt tighter and pulled herself closer, then fell back -this time fully- asleep.

I was still stiff, my arms at my sides, and feeling quite awkward.

~Put your arms around her.

I did as he said, and Jenna snuggled closer than she already was. My heart thumped a little, and I nearly pulled back in astonishment.

~Just go to sleep, tomorrow you and I can talk about this once you're coherent.

I paid heed to him, and rested my head in the crook of Jenna's neck. Her deep breath calmed me, and I quickly fell asleep.

Chappie 26!

 Jenna's POV:

I was dressed in a 19th century ball dress-white with slightly puffed short-sleeves. I wore no gloves, though many other girls there did. The atmosphere resembled that of the private ball at Netherfield in Pride and Prejudice, one of my favorite scenes in both the movie and book. I saw the feet of a man approach me, and my body dipped into a respectful courtesy. I found I couldn't raise my head, for some strange reason; it was almost like the dream had willed me unable to do so. He requested my hand for the next dance and I accepted. Who was this mystery man? The gentleman raised my hand to his lips, and gave it a small kiss on the knuckles, causing me to blush profusely.

We parted, with a promise from him to collect me when the next dance started. I socialized a few minutes more with some girls around me, and when the gentleman came back to bring me to the dance floor, I complied.

We lined up across from each other in the line, and all bowed and curtseyed. The musicians began a somewhat somber tune, and my partner and I began to seemingly glide across the floor, up and down the aisle, weaving in and out of the dancing company. No words were said in all this time, and slowly everyone faded away until I and the gentleman were all that remained. The music remained, even as the musicians disappeared. The music soon came to a close, and that magic that prevented me from looking at my partner's face seemed to lift.

My eyes slowly rose to meet with a set of calm, but stormy clover eyes, and that same hair that seemed entirely out of place from how I knew him in its current fashion, which was styled to match the current time period. I was surprised that I had not recognized his voice from earlier, but I guess that the recognition was lost in the dream. I chuckled to myself; he actually seemed a bit like my own version of Mr. Darcy. I curtseyed to him and made a motion to move away, but he spoke before I could take my leave.

"Miss Austen, would you care to join me for the next dance?" I bowed my head slightly, but had to deny him.

"I am very sorry, but I must decline; my hand has been secured for the next two dances." He looked rather dejected, but brightened up quickly. "Perhaps later in the evening you will join me?" I gave him a small smile, curtseyed, and moved away, never having given him an answer.