The Negative ❤️‍🔥

This is based on the song The Negative from Waitress. I wrote this ages ago but thought it fitting given Stephanies recent (ish) announcement lol:)

"Rosa, time to pee on a stick." Y/n announced handing the Latina a pregnancy test.

Rosa had recently broken up with Adrian Pimemto, who she was engaged to. This meant that Rosa being Rosa decided to go find someone to hook up with, leading to her frantically calling Y/n, who happened to be hanging out with Gina, cause she thought she was pregnant.

"I don't wanna know." Rosa groaned.

Which lead to the three of them now being at Gina's apartment while Rosa took a pregnancy test.

"C'mon honey, you've waited long enough." Y/n tried to convince Rosa.

"Get to it and do it!" Gina insisted.

"Okay girls, enough!" Rosa sighed, resting her head in her hands while she sat on the toilet lid.

"I hope you drank enough this morning." Gina was inspecting the test they'd found at the store they'd gone to.

"C'mon sweetie, it's better to know. We'll be right here with you so." Y/n sat/ squatted awkwardly beside her best friend.

"It's no or it's yes. But either way you gotta take the test." Gina smiled, trying to make the atmosphere a little less tense.

"A squat and a squeeze. A prayer and a please. It's nothing."

"A stick and a line."

"Just one of them if I'm lucky." Rosa sighed, looking like she wanted to murder the other two girls.

"A pot and a piss. Here we go sis. And we'll keep our focus on.." Gina looked to Y/n for her to continue the conversation.

"The negative!" Y/n nudged Rosa lightly.

"Read the instructions." Y/n told Gina.

"Se puede saber la duración de la-"

"English!"

"Do not insert the test stick into your vagina."

"Wooow. Thank you, Gina." Y/n grabbed the test from Gina.

"How'd I ever get myself in this mess? One drunk night and that stupid red dress." Rosa groaned.

"Aw, I love that red dress! The way it sparkles, it looks like a ice-skating outfit!" Gina gushed making Rosa and Y/n simultaneously roll their eyes.

"Ugh, stay with us, Gina!" Y/n handed Rosa the test and her and Gina left the room.

"Maybe his machinery is broken somehow? What if his boys don't swim, I mean, wow! Miraculous luck!" Gina cheered awkwardly, trying to make Rosa feel better.

"Damn, miraculous! To get away with an unprotected fu-!" Y/n laughed.

"Funny how one night, can ruin your whole life." Rosa opened the door again to let Gina and Y/n back in.

"Don't go there yet. We don't know what the test says." Y/n lay her hand on the ravenettes shoulder.

"I'm already panicked!" Rosa stood up and ran her hands through her hair.

"Just calm down, god damn it!" Y/n pulled the girl back down to sit while they waited for the test.

"Maybe it'll all be fine." Gina suggested.

"Maybe they'll be just one line."

"Come on negative!" The three girls said together.

"I thought you don't sleep around much anymore?" Gina asked Rosa who still looked like she wanted to murder one of them.

"Well, I - I got drunk. I do stupid things when I drink, like — sleep with people." Rosa sighed.

"Honey, we've all made that mistake!" Y/n chuckled.

"Focus on the negative!"

"This will all be alright." Y/n rubbed her best friends back.

"It was only one night." Gina crouched infront of the two girls.

"Someone, send me a sign." Rosa lay her head against Y/n's shoulder.

"One line, one line." Y/n and Gina chanted.

A ding was heard throughout the room.

"That means the test is ready. This is it..." Y/n said, her and Gina already crossing their fingers.

Rosa gingerly picked up the test from the edge of the sink. She let out a sigh of relief.

"One line."