~Engaged~ 💕

Rosa grabbed Ryleigh's hand and squeezed it lightly. "You ready for this?" Rosa asked smiling. Ryleigh nodded and kissed Rosa's cheek. The elavator doors opened with a ding. The two girls walked into the bullpen. "Morning Rosa. Morning Ryleigh." Amy smiled. Rosa looked to Ryleigh who smiled back. "Morning Amy." Ryleigh said, trying her hardest not to start beaming. Amy's eyes widened and filled with tears before she quickly pulled Ryleigh into a tight hug. Amy pulled back and wiped some of the tears from her face. "Ames are you ok?" Jake asked, worriedly when he noticed. "Hi Jake." Ryleigh said, quietly. Jake gasped and smiled as his eyes also filled with tears. Ryleigh beamed and looked at Rosa who smirked lightly back.

The squad and Ryleigh sat in the break room. Ryleigh and Rosa stood at the front while everyone else sat on different surfaces throughout the room. "So Ryleigh can talk now." Terry said smiling. "Yeah." Rosa said simply. "Charles is dying to ask a thousand and five questions, I can tell." Ryleigh giggled, wrapping an arm around Rosa's waist. "Am I allowed to ask them?" Charles asked excitedly, leaning forward in his chair. "Yes." Ryleigh smiled as Rosa rolled her eyes and lowly grumbled. "What was the first thing you said to Rosa?" Charles asked. Ryleigh laughed. "Well then. Show them Rosie." Ryleigh rested her chin on Rosa's shoulder. Rosa sighed and lifted her right hand to show the diamond ring on her finger. Charles nearly fainted. Jake beamed wildly. Amy and Terry offered congratulations and Hitchcock and Scully, well they weren't really listening. "You asked Rosa to marry you?!" Jake squealed. Ryleigh nodded and pressed a kiss to the side of Rosa's neck. "Technically the first thing I said was Rosa's name but it was part of like a speech thing of me asking her to marry me." Rosa blushed with a small smirk on her face. "Tell us the story of how it happened." Amy requested.
"Well.."

--

Ryleigh walked along the dirt path. She was just about dragging her girlfriend, Rosa, along with her. Rosa had not wanted to come on this walk. "Ry do we have to? I'm tired and stressed." Rosa whined like a four year old. Ryleigh sighed and turned to her Latina girlfriend. "Yes we have to. I found a spot I wanna show you." And I wanna propose to you but if you keep whining you're gonna ruin it. "How much further?" Rosa groaned. Ryleigh was about to quip back about how she told Rosa not to wear her high heeled combat boots before she remembered she couldn't actually speak to Rosa yet. Opting to stay quiet Ryleigh pulled harder at Rosa arm making the girl stumble at the change of pace.

They arrived at the old gazebo. It was made of a white stone and covered in vines. Ryleigh had stumbled upon it accidentally months ago while walking Arlo. "Ry, this is really pretty." Rosa said, looking around. Ryleigh took the chance while Rosa wasn't looking at her and got down on one knee. Rosa turned back to face her and gasped. The orange light from the sunset illuminating her face. "Rosa Diaz." Ryleigh began. Rosa gasped and cupped her hands over her mouth. "Since the day we met you promised to protect me and you have done that. Through everything, every court trial, every panic attack, every flashback, you were there. I was there for you as much as I could be, and I wanna be there for the rest of your life. You've protected me since you got me out of that awful situation. You helped me get on my feet, a job that I love and then you became the woman that I love. Rosa Diaz, will you marry me?" Ryleigh asked smiling. Rosa nodded too choked up to speak. Ryleigh slipped their ring on her finger and stood up to hug the girl. Rosa sobbed into Ryleigh's shoulder. "I love you, Rosa Diaz." Ryleigh whispered. This sent Rosa into another round of loud sobs. "I love you too." She breathes as she calmed down. The two girls pulled back from the hug to kiss before walking back home hand in hand.

--

"Aww that's so cute." Jake gushed, fake fanning tears. Ryleigh lightly chuckled. "I have a whole bunch of random questions." Charles announced. "Ask away." Ryleigh said, nodding to him. "How long did you plan to ask Rosa to marry you?"
"About three months."
"How long did it take you to learn to talk and stuff?"
"About nine months."
"What's the first thing you learned to say?"
"Rosa's name."
"When'd you decide you wanted to learn to talk?"
"Rosa came home stressed. There was a storm so she was panicking, I tried to comfort her. Later on that night I had a panic attack and noticed how much quicker I calmed down listening to Rosa's voice."
"Aww cute. When did you decide to ask Rosa to marry you?"
"She agreed to let me paint our bedroom."
"What did you paint in your bedroom?"
"Half the wall where our headboard is the bi flag the other half is the lesbian flag. The rest of the walls are cream, one of them has a quote on it."
"What's the quote?"
"Mature for the world. Childish for me."
"We're going too much into the bedroom."
"Too much into the bedroom. Title of your sex tape." Jake snickered earning a glare from everyone. "Continue."
"Can we see the ring?" Amy asked, cutting in. Rosa rolled her eyes but put her hand out towards them. As much as she hated the attention with her fiancé by her side, and her work family all gawking at her ring, she wouldn't have it any other way.