~Attacked~ 💛

Lolita walked down the street towards the precinct. Headphones in, head down, bag slung over her shoulder. Rosa had been kinda mad since she'd been on the night shift, so Lolita decided to bring her dinner. Looking back it probably wasn't the best idea to walk, alone, with her headphones in, at night, in New York, but here we are. She was within view of the precinct when she was suddenly and roughly shoved into an alleyway. "You Diaz's new girl then?" A gruff and slightly erratic voice said, shoving her to the ground. "Answer me bitch." The voice growled, kicking Lolita in the stomach. Lolita tried to remember what Rosa had told her to do if she was ever attacked or mugged.
Comply with demands.
Get a good look at your attacker.
And most importantly, stay alive.
"I said fucking answer me!" The man grabbed Lolita by the back of her jacket, it was infact one of Rosa's leather jackets, and threw her against the wall. Lolita looked up into the face of the man. She tried to memorise his face. He looked familiar but Lolita couldn't quite place where she'd seen him before. The guy let go of Lolita and let her drop to the ground. He hovered over her and slapped her across the face. Lolita, having endured much worse from her father as a child, barely even flinched. "You ain't a weak bitch. Other folks cry if you hit 'em." The man laughed. His laugh was bitter and sour. He pulled his fist back and began punching any area of Lolita's body he could reach. Each blow punctuating a new insult. "Bitch."
"Slut."
"Asshole."
"Idiot."
"Retard."
Once he had had his fill he delivered a single kick to Lolita's abdomen before spitting on her and walking away. Lolita scurried to grab her belongings and limped towards Rosa in the precinct. Praying her ravenette girlfriend wasn't out on a case.

As she limply pulled herself up the steps at the entrance of the precinct a uniformed officer noticed her and began to help her, all while asking how they could help her. "Rosa. I need Rosa. Detective Diaz." Lolita choked out, whether from the blood in her throat or the fact the wind had surely been knocked from her lungs she didn't know. The officer nodded and helped her over to the elevator, not asking any further questions which Lolita was thankful for. By the time they had reached the bullpen the pain had subsided into numbness and Lolita was able to walk unassisted. The officer called for Rosa. Lolita heard her groan and could imagine she had also rolled her eyes. Rosa turned to face them, eyes widening as they fell upon her battered and bloodied girlfriend. "Lita!" She exclaimed. "What the hell happened?" Rosa rushed over to her and, placing her hands on Lolita's shoulders, guided her over to the chair beside her desk. "I- I was walking over here to bring you dinner to cheer you up, and I was attack-" Lolita cut herself off coughing. Rosa cupped Lolita cheek and tilted her head up to face her. Even in pain, those brown orbs, she had fallen so badly in love with never failed to send butterflies to Lolita's stomach. "Hey Lita. Do you need a first aid kit?" Amy asked warily. "Of course she does Santiago!" Rosa barked at the girl, standing and drawing herself to her full height. Amy quickly ran off in favour of getting the kit and not angering Rosa more. "Rosie, baby. I'm alright honestly." Lolita assured her, placing a hand on Rosa's knee. Once Amy had returned with the kit the other detectives began to gather around the desk. Lolita begrudgingly allowed Rosa to clean the wounds on her face, after much protesting that she could infact do it herself.

"Why are my detectives standing around Diaz's desk instead of doing work?" Captain Holt asked, emerging from his office. "Lolita got attacked and we're all trying to help figure out what happened." Jake explained. Captain Holt looked at Lolita and his emotionless expression softened ever so slightly. "Alright. Peralta, Santiago take Lita's statement. This is your case." He turned on his heel and began to walk back towards his office. Rosa stopped cleaning Lolita's face and stood up. "Sir, I'd like to work this case. Her being my girlfriend and all." Rosa said, her usual emotionless tone wavering ever so slightly. "No." Lolita spoke quietly, but loud enough to be heard. "No?" Rosa looked at her questioningly. "I don't want you working this case." Lolita said, trying to stand and immediately regretting it.  Swallowing the pained cry threatening to escape her chest, Lolita rested one arm on Rosa's desk, holding herself steady for a second before fully standing. "I agree with Lolita. You're too close to this case." Captain Holt agreed, turning back for a second before walking into his office. "Why don't you want me working this case?" Rosa asked angrily. If Lolita didn't know any better she'd have been scared, like the other detectives were, but Rosa was worried, she was scared, she was reacting exactly as Lolita had expected. "Because you're too close to this." Rosa opened her mouth to object but was silenced as Lolita raised a finger. "If you find this guy you'll surely kill him. I know you will." Lolita said, crossing her arms and looking across at Rosa's as if daring her to disagree. Rosa sat down in defeat, Lolita sitting across from her moments later.
"We'll take your statement now if that's ok." Amy said, pulling out a notebook. Lolita nodded. She racked her brains for the image of her attack she knew was stowed away in her there somewhere. She suddenly realised where she'd seen the guy before. "Rosa, give me your phone." Lolita requested. Rosa handed Lolita her phone, still annoyed it wasn't her taking Lolita's statement. Lolita opened the phone, went into Instagram and scrolled through photos Rosa had been tagged in. There! She knew she recognised his face. "Him. He's the guy that attacked me." She said, turning the phone towards Rosa, Amy and Jake. "I'll kill him!" Rosa exclaimed angrily, standing up and kicking her desk. Lolita also stood up, placing a hand on Rosa's shoulder to steady herself and calm the raging Latina. "This is why you aren't working the case. I knew I recognised him from a photo you'd shown me." Lolita told her girlfriend. "Is there anything else we should know that could help?" Amy asked. "He uh- he knew about me and Rosa. He called me 'Diaz's new girl.'" Lolita told them. She heard Rosa's breathing deepen. Amy and Jake excused themselves in favour of doing police work. Rosa and Lolita walked off to the locker room in favour of getting Lolita and clean change of clothes. The photo of Aidrian Pimento displayed on the screen of Rosa's phone lay forgotten on her desk.

Thank y'all for 600 reads. That's crazy. Thanks for reading a voting on chapters :)
~E