~Job at the Precinct~ 🧡

Gina sat at her desk, mindlessly scrolling through her phone. If she was being honest she was actually eavesdropping on a conversation between the Captain, Rosa and Amy. She wasn't paying upmost attention, that was until Amy mention maybe having to employ a driver from outside the NYPD.

"There's a high chance this will end in a car chase." Rosa mentioned as her and Amy were going over plans for busting a drug dealer. "We may have to employ someone outside the NYPD." Amy said, putting the files down on her desk. "I have a friend who could help." Gina said, looking up from her phone. The three looked over to Gina. "Your friend has experience driving?" Captain Holt asked, walking over to Gina's desk. Gina nodded. "I can call her if you'd like." Gina proposed, already looking through her  contacts. "Alright. But we don't know for definite if your friend will work." Rosa reminded the brunette. "Yeah yeah I know." Gina replied.

Gina: Heyyy gurl ❤️
J: Hey G
Gina: so I need you for something at the precinct You think you can get down here?
J: yeah sure. You gone tell me what you need me for?
Gina: I'll tell you when you get here
J: Aight bet
Gina: see you soon girl 🧡

Jade walked into the bullpen clad in her usual ensemble of black ripped jeans, black halter neck top, black leather jacket and high heeled black combat boots. "Jade!" Gina called from the other end of the bullpen. "Hey G." Jade said, walking over. A man Jade could only assume to be the captain walked over and introduced himself. "I'm Captain Raymond Holt of the nine-nine." He reaches out a hand. Jade took it in her own and shook it. "Jade Lopez." She said. "I trust Gina told you about the job opportunity." Jade looked at Gina who was sitting watching this unfold. "No, G forgot to mention that crucial detail." Jade said turning back to Captain Holt. Holt gave Gina a look. "Diaz, Santiago! Get over here." Holt called, seemingly to no one in particular. Diaz? No. It couldn't be. Could it?
Two women came rushing over. One of the woman looked familiar to Jade. No fucking way. "Rosie?" Jade said questioningly. Rosa looked at Jade for a second. There was only one person who ever called her Rosie. That person was. "Tati?" Jade smiled back at her. Rosa smiled widen than she had in ages and jumped into Jade's arms.  "I don't know wether to be more confused that someone's close friends with both Gina and Rosa or the fact that Rosa's hugging back with just as much excitement." Jake whispered to Charles. Jade spun around, the two girls laughing uncontrollably. "I knew I recognised the mop of curly hair." Jade laughed. "How you doing anyway shorty?" Jade ruffled Rosa's hair. "I ain't short no more." Rosa tried to seem threatening but she couldn't keep the smile off her face. "I still remember the titchy little fourteen year old with the big push up glasses." Jade laughed, putting an arm around Rosa's neck. "Yeah I ain't her no more." Rosa said. "Rosa's smiling. I repeat Rosa's smiling." Jake called. "Shut up Jake." Rosa's growled, though she couldn't stop from smiling for long. "No threats? You've gone soft Diaz." Jade teased. Rosa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You know I'm just messing with you princess." Jade laughed. She hugged Rosa again though this time it was less energy filled. "I missed you bebita." She smiled as the broke apart. "I missed you too Tati." Rosa giggled. "Tati? I thought you said your name was Jade?" Captain Holt asked. "My name legally is Tatiana but I refuse to be called the name my bastard of a family gave to me so I go by Jade or J." Jade explained. She turned to Rosa. "I give you and only you permission to call me Tati, anyone else calls me anything other than Jade or something similar and you're getting your throat slit." Jade growled. "She's like a scarier version of Rosa." Amy whispered. "Aha. Who'd you think taught Rosie to threaten people? If it ain't for me Rosie'd be a lot more like Gina." Jade laughed. "Oh shut up T." Rosa blushed. "Wait, so did you like go to school with Rosa?" Jake asked, sitting on Gina's desk. "Yeah. Well until she left for ballet school." Jade ruffled Rosa's hair again. "And I got expelled." Jade mumbled. "You got expelled? The fuck did you do?" Rosa asked, sitting down on the edge of the desk across from hers. "I got caught kissing another girl on campus." Jade caught the panic that came across Rosa's face. "They caught my face on the security cameras but didn't catch the other girl. They didn't like homosexual activities on their property so they expelled me." Jade secretly assured her. Rosa's face relaxed. "Wait your like entire family's homophobic, what happened after you got expelled?" Rosa asked. "I got kicked out. Sent to move in with my Abuela." Rosa winced. "Actually worked out really well. You know how my Abuela always put on a show about like being homophobic and if any of my family came out as gay send them to her name she'd straighten them out?" Jade was mainly talking to Rosa at this point. "That's because my Abuela is gay, has a female partner and wanted to protect any gay children within the family. Also just saying my Abuela's partner is the sweetest thing ever." Jade chuckled, sitting beside Rosa, who lay her head on Jade's shoulder. "I have so much Washington Heights tea but I'll tell you that later." Jade chuckled, wrapping an arm around Rosa. "Please tell me Nina and Benny finally got together?" Rosa said sitting up. "Yes! Only took the girl ten years." The two girls giggled. "Alright Jade, you and Rosa can talk later. Let's talk about that job." Captain Holt interrupted.

Later on in the day, after Captain Holt had interviewed Jade and decided she was suitable enough to be hired, Jade and Rosa were talking in the break room. "So tell me everything that happened after I left." Rosa said, sitting down at the break room table across from Jade. "Well obviously I got expelled and moved into my Abuela's. Turns out Abuela is a terrible cook but Abuelita is the one who makes all the food." Jade explained, resting her chin on her hand. "Abuelita?" Rosa asked. "Abuela's girlfriend. She's like the sweetest thing ever." Jade laughed. Jades laugh brought butterflies to Rosa's stomach. Oh no. This, this is why Rosa hated feelings. "So anyway Washington Heights tea. Well I told you about Benny and Nina finally getting together. Usnavi and Vanessa eventually got together. It took the entire block to convince Vanessa that Usnavi liked her. Abuela Claudia sadly passed away. She'd won the lottery the night before and was meant to be splitting it three ways with Usnavi and Sonny but instead Usnavi used it to fix up the barrio." Jade gushed. "How much did they win?" Rosa, leaned towards Jade. "96,000." Jade laughed at Rosa's shocked expression. "Damn! That's a nice chunk of money." Rosa chuckled.

The two continued to fill each other in on what happened while they were apart until Rosa had to jump on a case.

Jade sat in a chair beside Gina's desk. Jade didn't have anything to do and Gina couldn't be bothered to do anything so they were just sitting scrolling through social media. That was until Amy came quickly walking towards them. "Jade I need you." She whispered urgently. "Qué pasa?" Jade asked, setting her phone down. "Just follow me." Amy grabbed Jade's wrist and dragged her in the direction of the bathroom. "It's Rosa. I don't know what happened but I found her crying and hyperventilating in the bathroom." She gushed, pulling Jade along more. "What?! Why didn't you lead with that?!" Jade asked, walking along a lot more compliantly. Amy opened the door to the bathroom and shoved Jade inside. True to Amy's word Rosa was sitting on the ground, hands over her ears, sobbing and just about hyperventilating. "Hey hey. Rosie que pasa?" Jade asked, sitting just away from the shaking girl. "I can't breathe." Rosa choked out. "Ok. Ok. It's alright." Jade comforted, warily bringing the other girl into her arms. Rosa, much to Jade's surprise, took her hands from her own ears and wrapped them around Jade's arm. "Match your breathing to mine bebita." Jade told her, taking slow deep breaths.

After a few minutes of the pair sitting on the floor, Rosa had a calmed down significantly. "Quieres decirme que paso?" Jade asked. (You wanna tell me what happened?)
Rosa stood up and grabbed Jade's wrist, quickly rushing the two of them into the locker room. "When I saw you last week it's like all the feelings I had when we were younger came back tenfold." Rosa said, looking at the floor instead of at Jade. "I tried to work up the confidence to ask you out but ended up triggering myself a panic attack." She explained, fidgeting with her hair. Jade raised one hand and cupped Rosa's cheek, pulling thier lips together. "Those feelings came back for me as well." Jade said, when the broke apart. "You wanna try this again? Properly? You know when we're not fourteen, closeted and attending a catholic school." Jade asked, tucking a strand of Rosa's hair behind her ear. Rosa used Jade's shoulders to pull them together once more. "I'm guessing that a yes." Jade chuckled. "Yes." Rosa smiled.

If someone gets the references in this you are amazing😂:)

~E