~Rosa In Jail~ 💚

Cody POV

The annoying beep of my alarm sounded again. I guess I've got to face another day. I turned over and looked at the other side of the empty bed.
I don't know what I expect to see. Like one morning I'm gonna wake up and she'll be lying next to me again.
I got up, had a shower and got dressed in a pair of black jeans, one of Rosa's shirts and her favourite leather jacket.
I fixed my hair with minimal effort and sprayed myself in her perfume. I walked out and grabbed my helmet.
I used to grab breakfast but since Rosa was put in jail I hadn't. I don't think I'd eaten in three days, at least. I'd stopped counting.
I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder, deciding to take Rosa's bike, instead of mine, to work today. I grabbed the keys and closed and locked the door.

•Time skip•

Amy told us that Seamus Murphy had approached her the previous night and said he could give us information to take Hawkins down and get Jake and Rosa outta prison.
All the detectives were in the briefing room discussing wether or not to take him up on the offer. They all stood at the front of the room.
I sat on one of the tables. My knees were curled into my chest, it was the only way I could sit without my everything hurting.

Third POV

Amy: He said I have three days to decide.
Capt.Holt: We should tread lightly. Seamus Murphy is the head of the most brutal crime family in New York.
Scully: This is bad. This is really really bad.
Capt.Holt: Are you concerned about Seamus Murphy, Detective Scully or are you having trouble with the jumble?
Scully: The first one.
Amy: Murphy didn't ask me to do anything illegal he just wants me to own him a favour.
Capt.Holt: Right, but we don't want to be indebted to a man like this.
Amy: I understand but we have been watching Hawkins for a month and we have nothing to connect her to the robberies. Maybe we should pursue other routes.
Charles: Um some of us are already pursuing other routes Amy.
Charles proceeded to tell us about his podcast for Jake.
Amy: And how is your podcast supposed to get Jake out of prison?
Charles: I lay out the facts. People see he was framed. I build an audience. I get a celebrity listener. It's Debra Messing. She tweets a link. Now, Sean Hayes is involved.
Capt.Holt: Boyle that's enough.
Amy: I know dealing with a criminal is bad news but I can't just let Jake sit in prison.
Capt.Holt: Detective Price, how do you feel about making a deal with Seamus to get Diaz out of prison.

All eyes turned towards Cody.  She continued to stare at the wall.

Cody: You get my babygirl out of prison. I don't give a damn how you gotta do it, just get her outta fucking prison!

They all looked away from her slightly shocked.

Capt.Holt: Okay. Maybe we can figure out what Murphy knows without taking his deal. He says that Hawkins is moving the diamonds in three days. That's a new lead. Let's work it instead of puting Amy's career in jeopardy.
Amy: Okay let's give it a shot.
Scully: Woo-Hoo! That was also not about the jumble. We're all excited about the same thing.

Cody POV

We all exit the briefing room, me leaving last. I sit down at my desk and begin working through some paperwork. Amy approaches my desk.
"What'd you want Santiago?" I snap at her, not taking my eyes off my work.
"I just wanted to say, I understand what you're going through with Rosa being in prison. I'm always here if you need a shoulder to cry on or just someone to talk to. We all are." She smiles.
I take a deep breath, immediately regretting it when a sharp pain shoots through my chest. I swallow the pained cry that threatens to come out and turn to Amy, plastering a fake smile on my face.
"Thanks Ames." I say. I leave my desk and go to get my fourth cup of black coffee, face immediately dropping. I hear Charles and Amy whispering about me.
"She never smiles anymore."
"I think this is hitting her harder than we think."
"When was the last time you saw her eat?" Out of the corner of my eye, I see Charles walking towards me. "Hey Cody, Amy and I were gonna go get sandwiches later and we wondered if you wanted to come with?" He asks pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"I'm fine, thanks Charles." I say putting that fake smile on again. "Come on Cody. When was the last time you ate anyway?" Amy asks walking over to join us. I stare at the ground in front of me. I actually can't remember the last time I ate.
"The fact that it's taking you this long to answer worries me." Amy comments.
"Come get sandwiches with us." Charles says again.
"Alright, alright. I'll come get sandwiches with you." I say exasperated. I walk back to my desk and slam my coffee cup down, nearly spilling it. I slump down in my chair and begin writing again.

After around two hours Amy and Charles approach my desk again. "Ready to go?" Charles asks, he's always so excited about everything. I nod and grab my jacket.
"Isn't that Rosa's jacket?" Amy asks. "Yeah." I say pulling it tighter around my body. We arrive at the sandwich shop and place our orders.

I remember taking the first bite of the sandwich as we walked back to the precinct and the next thing I knew I was in the precinct bathroom throwing up everything previously eaten, including the coffee I had earlier.
I stood up and looked in the mirror, making sure you couldn't tell I'd thrown up.
Dammit I got it on my shirt.
I quickly ran to the locker room and opened my locker rummaging around for a new shirt.
The only thing I had was Rosa's NYPD sweatshirt. It was better than nothing. I took off my shirt and put the sweatshirt on. It was warm and comfortable and smelt like Rosa. I started crying.
Yeah, saying I missed her was an understatement.