Chapter 18

It's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks without Jack. 3 weeks without my girls. 3 weeks without Netflix and most importantly, 3 weeks without my phone. "Dad, can I please have my phone?" I asked for the millionth time. "Nope, maybe next time you'll think about what you say to me and your mother and you WONT skip school." He said and I went back in my room and slammed the door. "AUDREY FAITH! Don't slam that door!" My mom yelled.

-3 weeks ago-

"Hey Audrey, wanna skip?" Camden asked me. "Uh idk" I said. "Oh come on I'm going to Taco Bell..." she said rattling her keys. "Okay fine I'm in." I said and we left for Taco Bell.

When we got to Taco Bell I knew I was screwed. Really? The one day mom goes to Taco Bell...ugh! "Audrey? Why are you not in school?" My asked as she walked up to me. I just gave an 'innocent weak smile.' "Car now! We are going home!" She said as she took me to the car. "Ihateyou" I mumbled. "Just wait until you explain this to your father and where's your phone?" She said. "Here" I complained. "What made you think this was okay?" She asked me. "Uh it's Taco Bell." I said. "That's not an excuse." She said.

|At home|

"Alright Audrey, what did you want to tell me?" My dad asked me as we sat in the living room. "I kind of um skipped school today." I said. "What? Why would you do that? There's is no telling what could have happened to you." He said. "There you go again! I hate both of you. Yall are so so stupid and I'm tired of being treated like this. I hate this. You two are I'm crazy if you think I'm apologizing. I can't believe you two. Worst parents award goes to Cameron and Samantha Dallas." I said and clapped with sarcasm and went into my room.

-end of flashback-

The worst part about all of this is that Jack doesn't know. Ugh I hate my freaking life! "No she skipped school. She isn't ignoring you she's just grounded." I heard my dad tell Jack. Ughh! "You're ruining my life!" I yelled.

"Come on we're leaving." My mom said. "Where are we going?" I asked. "The store." She said. "Can't I stay home?" I asked. "No you're grounded so your going with me." She said. I got up and threw on sweatpants, my Uggs, put my hair in a bun and put on my glasses. "Hi I'm Audrey and you look familiar." I told my dad as we got in the car. "Oh yeah your the one who ruined my life." I said. "Omg give it up already okay? You having attitude isn't going to get you your phone back any sooner." My mom said. "You know what, your going to your grandmas tonight." My dad said. "Fine with me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So why have you been acting like this lately?" My nana asked me as I sat on the couch with my knees up and hot tea in my hands. "I don't know. I guess I just needed a break. I'm tired of being treated like a stupid little two year old. They have two two year olds. Or 1 year olds at least." I said. "Yeah that's true. But you know your parents love you and they just want the best. I'll tell you a story." She said as we sat in front of the fireplace. "Your dad, when he was younger, used to give me so much grief and one day I got a phone call from school saying he had gotten into multiple fights that day. I had had it. So when he got home the same thing happened to him. He got grounded and he kept smarting off so guess where he went?" She said. "His grandmas" I said and laughed. "Yup. But see it taught him something because he never did it again after that. So don't give up on your parents Aud. They know what your stage your at in life because they've been there. Why don't we get some sleep" she said. "Sounds good." I said and went to my dads old room and fell asleep with Jake cuddled up to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Cameron's POV|

"I love seeing her cuddled up with Jake in my old bed like I used to." I told Sammi and my mom as I leaned against the door frame and looked at my sleeping princess. "I talked to her you know?" My mom said. "And she said?" I asked. "She needed a break. Sometimes you gotta let up. I know she did something wrong that she shouldn't have but she is young and she's just having fun. Need I remind you of the day you got into like 5 fights and the same things happened to you?" My mom said and walked away. "Yeah I guess you're right." I said. "It's 11:45, she needs to get up." Sammi said walking over to wake Audrey. "No let her sleep." I said as I pull her back. "Daddy's little princess needs some sleep." I said and kissed Sammi and she laughed. "Maybe you two can have a day to yourself today." Sammi said. "Yeah. That sounds fun." I said and went downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I laid the twins in your bed mom. Is that okay?" I asked. "Yeah that's fine." she said. "Gosh I guess Audrey was tired its almost twel-" I was cutoff by Audrey walking downstairs. "Well there she is." I said. "Audrey get ready me and you are spending the day together. And before you say anything, I know you have clothes here." I said and she looked and smiled. "There's my girl." I said and she hugged me. "I'm sorry dad. I love you" she said. "I love you too." I said and kissed her head. "I'm sorry mom." She said and cuddled up to Sammi on the couch and Sammi kissed her head. "I love you too. Promise it won't happen again? And you'll turn the attitude down?" Sammi said. "Yes ma'am." Aud said. "Alright go get ready." I said and she jogged back upstairs.

======================

"Alright, what do you want to do?" I asked Audrey as we left Olive Garden. "Ooh how about a movie?" I asked. "No. I'm not feeling a movie right now. How about shopping." She said. "Like you need more clothes. Your wardrobe has already expanded to the hall closet. That's two closets. Too many clothes." I said and we laughed. "Well let's go shopping for something else." I said. "Like what?" She asked. "A pet." I said as we pulled up to a pet store. "I know you have been wanting a dog since whenever you met Jake when you were little so now we can get one." I told her. "Omg yes yes yes!! I love you" she said and ran inside.

"Dad look he's so cute. Can we get this one?" She asked as she looked at a black and white husky. "He is cute. If that's the one you want we can get him." I said. "Yeah. I want him" she said and we paid for him and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Audrey's POV|

"Mom look! Bring the babies we have a new family member." I yelled as I brought the new dog in. "Really Cam?" My mom asked and laughed. "Hey, like I said she's my princess. Oh yeah here's your phone. Now behave missy." My dad said. "Yes daddy." I said.

"He likes Braxton and Cassie" is aid as we watched the new dog play with the babies. I cuddled up to my dad and watched as snow fell outside. "Dad look! Can we go play in it? It's their first snow please?" I asked. "Okay let's all go." He said.

"Haha" I laughed as the new dog tackled me. "Audrey you covered in snow!" My mom and dad laughed and yelled as they held the twins. "Dad take our picture." I said as I handed him my phone and kneeled beside the new dog. "Thanks" I said and took my phone back so I could post my new picture. "Dad I like Jaxx" I said. "What are you talking about?" He asked as he sat down and played with the twins. "The dog. I like Jaxx for his name" I said. "Me too." Him and mom said. I took my phone out and posted the picture of me and Jaxx.

"DallasAudrey: Welcome to the family Jaxx💙💜"