FOUR

"She's coming to the party." Rook announced to Colson as soon as she agreed to go. She only agreed in order to shut him up. She would probably just drink until she forgot where she was or what was even going on around her. That would make it much easier to deal with.

"How did you get her to come?" Colson was more worried about getting Allie to come than he was about what would happen when she did. It wasn't as if he would be able to hang out with her, his girlfriend would be there.

At least he would be able to keep an eye on her. He may not be able to be with her right now but one day, she would be his. If he played his cards right. He was determined to at least be another best friend for now.

"I told her that Dom was coming. She's obsessed with his music." That could go one of two ways. Dom was single and super flirty with pretty girls. He could either have Dom surprise her in some way and get her back on his side or she could fall for Dom's charms.

He really hoped it wasn't the second one. He would hate to see her fall for someone that wasn't him in the future. Colson sat there and listened to his thoughts for a moment before Rook grabbed his attention again.

"What's the story with you and your girlfriend anyway." Colson was more than ready to have that conversation with someone who actually cared and would listen to what he had to say, and Rook was just the person to vent to.

Colson took a deep breath and attempted to figure out where to start. "It's not the kind of relationship you think it is by a long shot, bro. Yeah, I love her and all but sometimes I feel the opposite about her."

Rook knew they were going to need a blunt for this conversation so he grabbed one off the table and brought it to his lips to light it before he took a couple hits and passed it to Colson, who took a big hit and continued.

"She can be crazy bro. I can't have female friends because she thinks I wanna fuck them all. When she's around, I can't go anywhere without her being with me. If I go somewhere without her, she throws a huge fit."

"She sounds like a nightmare." Was all Rook said to that before he took the blunt back and sat down on the couch next to the blonde. Colson only laughed and shook his head, a small sigh falling from his lips.

"We fight all the fucking time, dude. It's exhausting."

"Then why be with her if you're so annoyed by it?"

"Because she's not like that all the time. If I don't do anything to piss her off, she's the best girlfriend a guy could ask for." Colson didn't know what to do or think. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Okay. So what's the biggest issue? I know there's something bigger just by the look on your face." Colson was avoiding this part. This was the part he didn't want to admit to anyone, at least not yet. But he couldn't lie to Rook, he would know if he was.

"When I met Allie, something changed. All I wanted to do was be around her and spend my time with her, but my attachment to my girlfriend is what's holding me back from that." Rook seemed to understand what Colson was feeling.

"You need to sort that shit out and fast, man. A girl like Allie won't be available for long. Someone is going to sweep her off her feet and clearly you want that person to be you." It wasn't that simple. It was a huge decision he needed to think about before deciding on.

"I know I do. It's not fair to either one of them. But in order to be able to make a decision I have to make things right with Allie so she will at least talk to me like she used to." He remembered her hands on his face and her calling him cute, a small smile instantly came to his lips.

"You just have to talk to her. Be nice and don't make her feel like you're leading her on. Don't be overly nice and make her fall for you if you end up not wanting her." He didn't see that happening. It was clear that he wanted her, he just had other commitments at the moment.

It was as if she came into his life at the wrong time. "She only sends me less than 5 word replies." She had every right to be pissed at him, hell he would even be if he were in her shoes. He couldn't even imagine what that must feel like.

"Just give her some time. She will come around." Rook wasn't even sure if his words were true, Allie could hold a grudge more than most. She was extremely stubborn. It was actually hard to gain her trust back but he didn't wanna tell Colson that.

"Just ask her to come over to talk. Let her do most of the talking and get her feelings out. That will make her feel better and she might just let it go after that." Allie wasn't the type to get over anything until she told you how she felt about whatever you did and explain why it hurt her.

Colson thought it was worth a shot so he unlocked his phone and went to their message history before he typed out a new text message.

Colson: hey, are you busy?