THIRTY-EIGHT

Allie rushed into the hospital and made a beeline for the nearest receptionist, with Rena following close behind. They were both very exhausted, having just left the airport. Allie didn't sleep at all on the plane.

"Excuse me, can you tell me what floor Colson Baker is on?" This was more than likely a long shot, this lady would probably think she was just a fan. She would more than likely have to call Rook.

"We don't have anyone by that name." The lady didn't even check, didn't even glance at the computer. At least Allie knew she was at the right place.

Allie pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a deep sigh, her frustrations about to get the best of her. "Lady, I'm his girlfriend. My friend here, is his drummers girlfriend. Could you please just let me go check on my boyfriend?"

The lady rolled her eyes and glanced over at a small crowd of girls standing in the lobby. "He must have a lot of girlfriends. They all said the same thing. I can't help you. Next."

"Call Rook. Tell him to come down here." She told Rena who hurried up and dialed his number, putting the phone to her ear. It took a few attempts before he finally decided to answer. The cons of dating a superstar, nobody believes you.

"He's on his way. He said he forgot to give the front desk our names. Well, yours. He didn't know I was coming." Rena was laughing, the lady at the desk was clearly unamused and probably will look even more hateful after being proved wrong.

"What's going on here?" Rook had just stepped up to the desk, his arm slipping around Rena's shoulders, the lady looked even more confused. The lady began stuttering, looking between all three of us.

The group of girls were staring, watching our every move, taking several photos, especially of Rook and Rena. "This young lady, as well as the young ladies behind you, are trying to get to Colson's room by claiming to be his girlfriend."

Rook flashed a bright smile, that childlike laugh of his coming out. He was about to ruin this ladies day, and enjoy every second of it since she wanted to be rude to his girlfriend and best friend.

"Well, this young lady right here." Rook then placed a hand on top of Allie's hair, completely ruining her already messy bun. "Is in fact his real girlfriend." Allie could hear the girls behind them gasp, Allie momentarily forgetting that Colson's fans had no idea about her yet.

"Rook, they're taking photos of me." Allie whispered in Rooks ear as they made their way to Colson's room, the lady finally letting Rook take them up. Allie felt uncomfortable about this, she hadn't prepared herself mentally yet to be in the public eye.

"As long as you didn't turn around to look at them, nobody will know who you are. They will just know Colson has a secret girlfriend." Allie's face turned bright red, she knew she had turned around to look when she heard someone gasp.

"But she did look. I saw it." Rena told him, Allie's eyes shooting in her direction. Allie threw her arms in the air, her eyes bugged out of her head.

"I didn't mean to! With the way that gasp sounded I thought someone was having an asthma attack." The conversation was cut short when they stepped into Colson's room. He was laying on the hospital bed with bandages wrapped around his head.

When he turned his head to face Allie, he couldn't believe she was standing there. It was as if the pain medicine that was being pumped into him from an IV was causing hallucinations. "Allie?"

Allie had no idea what to say in that moment. Seeing him caused her to feel multiple different emotions at once. Sad, because he was hurt and in the hospital, but more mad now that she remembered why he was here in the first place.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" Allie questioned, her arms crossed over her chest. Neither Rook nor Rena expected this kind of reaction to happen when Allie got to see him.

"We're gonna go to the cafeteria. You two kids have fun." Rook knew he was in deep shit already so he quickly took Rena's head and lead her out of the room.

"Rook!" Colson shouted, attempting to lean up and get out of the bed. Allie stepped forward and put her hand out to stop him. She wasn't going to let him keep blaming Rook for things he has done.

"No. You're not going to blame Rook. I called you when you were passed out and he answered your phone. He has every fucking right to tell me about this. I'm your girlfriend, not a fucking friend."

Colson laid back down in the hospital bed, surprised by Allie's outburst. "You literally stopped smoking weed for what, a couple months, and then replaced it with drinking until you get alcohol poisoning?"

"Allie, I don't even remember drinking that much. I swear I don't." Allie was getting fed up with the excuses, him having a different one every time, or using the same ones.

Allie opened her mouth to say something but was stopped by the doctor walking into the room, flipping through Colson's chart. "Hello, Mr. Baker. Are you in any pain?"

"No." Colson responded in a low tone, his eyes fixed on the wall in front of him. He just wanted the doctor to leave so he could continue his conversation with Allie. He didn't care about any of this.

"Not at all? Hm. You're lucky to be alive, young man. With the amount of alcohol you consumed along with the Molly, could have killed you. You got here just in time."

Colson's eyes were getting wider and wider by the second. He didn't know he did that either. What the fuck did he do? He couldn't remember a damn thing.

"Molly!?" Allie's eyes were burning holes in the side of his face. She was beyond mad at this point, she was furious. "Oh, that's it. Nope, I don't want to hear a word. Goodbye." Allie didn't hesitate at all to walk out of the door before he could even attempt to say a word.